Ginza, Tokyo

Chuo-ku

Know about this? Rate It!

coffee, tee or monkey??
    by Neil.G.Lees
    by stonefree
  • Typical glass-window buildings in Ginza, Tokyo.
    Typical glass-window buildings in Ginza,...
    by vigi
  • Neil.G.Lees's Profile Photo

a quick fix on the run

by Neil.G.Lees Written Apr 11, 2008
    coffee, tee or monkey??

Favorite thing: The best thing about Tokyo is wandering the crowded streets finding new and wonderful sights so unlike what you see in any other city. Giant buildings many floors high and only 12 feet wide.
    Millions of office workers streaming out of the train stations on their way to their jobs at 8:45 in the morning.
    Those funny clear plastic umbrellas the hotels give you.
    But one of my favorite things is checking out the automats. You never know what you can find to buy in a machine.

Fondest memory: I was photographing my monkies in a pine tree and one of the oldest Japanese ladies I have ever seen saw me and she started to laugh and laugh and bow. I bowed back and we kept that up for a good long time. Lovely to laugh and bow for a bit.

• Travel with Pets

• dennisKL's Profile Photo

Ginza-Shoppong and Entertainment District

by dennisKL Written Oct 5, 2004

Sony Building

Favorite thing: Ginza is one of Tokyo's largest and most famous shopping, dining and entertainment districts, featuring many department stores, shops, restaurants, night clubs and cafes.
    Ginza is also very popular among the older generations and the wealthy. Ginza is expensive!!!

• Women's Travel
    • Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• stonefree's Profile Photo

by stonefree Written Apr 19, 2004

Ginza

Fondest memory: This region, which is too famouse for travellers as a well sofisticated shopping centre, is where I spend my life most for over 10years since my office is in here.

I really love Ginza.
    Ginza has seen almost everything about me for that long (o, yeah, including the passed precious times with the most special one who is now my better half) and I know what to do about Ginza.

• Luxury Travel

• vigi's Profile Photo

by vigi Updated Jul 6, 2003

Typical glass-window buildings in Ginza, Tokyo.

Fondest memory: Ginza is the most expensive shopping area in Japan. It is also have the most expensive real estate on earth.

Here is s quiz… if you take Japan's largest bank note, fold it up as small as it will go, then drop it on the ground in Ginza, will it buy the one square centimeter of land it falls on?

Instant Answers: Tokyo