Roppongi, Tokyo

Minato-ku

Know about this? Rate It!

• Lizzy1311's Profile Photo

Nightclub

by Lizzy1311 Written May 7, 2006

Favorite thing: Go to One-eyed_Jack, a nightclub at Roppongi. They have dance shows and there is a casino, and lots of girls to have drinks with. I used to work there for a few months some time ago, and had a very good time. Take lots of money because everything in Tokyo is expensive!

Fondest memory: The nightlife is crazy! You can go on for ages. It is hard to find the best places, just ask the crowd on the street where to go. Clubs are situated on higher floors in buildings where you would never expect them.Roppongi is a great place to go out! I love Tokyo!

• dennisKL's Profile Photo

Roppongi Hill

by dennisKL Updated Oct 6, 2004

Favorite thing: A redeveloped neighborhood in the district of Roppongi, consisting of residential, recreational and office space, an art museum, cinema complex, hotel and various shops, restaurants and cafes.

Fondest memory: In the center of Roppongi Hills stands the Mori Tower, a 54-storey skyscraper named after the company and company president that built it. One of the most modern technology building found in Tokyo.

The Mori Tower
    • Business Travel
    • Theater Travel

• El_Cookie's Profile Photo

Roppongi

by El_Cookie Updated Aug 26, 2004

Favorite thing: I was in Japan for the world cup of soccer in 2002. I stayed in Nagoya the days I didn't have tickets to the games. I traveled from Miyagi in the north to Oita in the south. Best tip I can give you is "get the rail pass" if you are there for 10 days but don't want to buy the pass for 14 days and only buy it for 7 days to save money "DON"T DO IT" spend the extra money it will save you money. I learned this the hard way. Thanks to Northwest 's flight delay we landed there 4 hours late and we had to spend about $80 on a train ticket to get us from Osaka to Nagoya....it was the last train and it was a luxury train.. Our rail pass wasn't useable till the next day.

Line to Enter Stadium @ 1 mile point
    • Singles

• stonefree's Profile Photo

Roppongi

by stonefree Written Apr 20, 2004

Favorite thing: You don't have to learn Japanese as long as you are in Roppongi. You will see foreigners in every 10 persons on the street. There are a lot of restaurants and bars that you can order in English.

Fondest memory: It's not my type of town really though I used to dipped into it one time. My party days of late 80's. Clubs were called discos those days and there weren't no cheap karaoke room, but just stylish bars and discos. It had been the last golden years of Roppongi itself. Gang with comrades, party like crazy, drink champagne like beer....

• Singles

• dennisKL's Profile Photo

Roppongi Hill - TV Asahi

by dennisKL Written Oct 6, 2004

Favorite thing: Just next to the Mori Garden are the new headquarters of TV Asahi, one of Japan's nationwide television stations

Fondest memory: A very modern look building sitting beside the Mori Tower and the Mori Garden.

TV Asahi