Know about this? Rate It!
You know what - I think you...
You know what - I think you should visit the neighbourhood of Kanda! Here are lots of bookstores, both second hand and new ones. This is the place to buy a supply of great Japanese novels translated into English, that you could have a hard time finding in your own country.
I recommend Kawabata (my favourite being 'The old capital'), Ariyoshi (e.g 'The river ki') and of course 'The tale of Genji' by Lady Murasaki, which is the worlds oldest novel!! ( Picture from the Handscroll of the tale of Genji from the twelfth century, which is now at the Tokugawa art museum.)
The Russian Orthodox Cathedral...
The Russian Orthodox Cathedral on Hongoh-dohri, near Kanda.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Tokyo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- West Yellowstone Hotels
- Miniloc Island Hotels
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Hotels
- Thomastown Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path