Mo Mo Paradise, Tokyo

*there are several shops in the city*

shabu shabu
    by chatterley
  • in the waiting area at Mo Mo Paradise, Shinjuku
    in the waiting area at Mo Mo Paradise,...
    by Wild_Orchid
    my bowl is all empty
    by Wild_Orchid
  • jaypride's Profile Photo

Mo~Mo~ Paradise: All you can eat - Shabu Shabu

by jaypride Written Jul 7, 2004

Its a shabu shabu buffet shop~pay 1,500yen and for 90 mins u can eat all the beef you can!!

U can choose from shabushabu & sukiyaki.. I would say choose sukiyaki (a sweet soup base) cuz it taste better.. and more "Japanese"!

Favorite Dish: Its beef beef beef! just beef + some other veggies.. Not the best beef.. not the best environment.. but they are still good~~ and consider the price: just 1,500 yen! its worth a try!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

Mo~Mo~ Paradise: Syabu-syabu-all you can eat-how can you Miss?

by Wild_Orchid Updated Jun 15, 2008

in the waiting area at Mo Mo Paradise, Shinjuku

Update: Oct 2006
    I brought my husband here & we had a friend with us. we ate a lot. Besides beef, we also tried the pork shabu shabu. They were both good but in the end, we still enjoyed the beef more.
    We also stuffed up on lots of vegetables, enoki mushrooms and slices of tofu. The bill came up to around 4500 Yen for the three of us. mmm oishi (delicious) & good value for money!

There are many Mo-Mo Paradise outlets across town. The one I visited was at Shinjuku, across the road from Isetan. It was located at a corner, on the 8th Level. I read about this restaurant on VT'er Achikochi's Tokyo pages.

How did I get there? Well, we walked towards Shinjuku East, and towards Isetan. From there, using the print out from the website cited below, I was able to get a very kind lady (those that sell lottery tickets at street corners) to point us in the right direction.

There is another Mo Mo Paradise located in the same or similar area. I stumbled upon it when wandering around the streets of Shinjuku during my visit in October 2006. The price was slightly different so in the end, I still went back to the one I had been to before. :-)

Favorite Dish: Syabu-syabu or sukiyaki.

They are similar, but with different types of broth. Sukiyaki is beef and vegetables, and usually served with raw egg that you can throw on top, while syabu-syabu's main focus is on the thinly sliced raw beef that you cook yourself in a hot pot, with some vegetables.

How to eat:
    Hot broth is placed in front of you in a large metal bowl. You get a bowl for each person.
    The staff will bring you plates of thinly sliced beef and a bowl of rice (refillable). You cook these slices of beef in the hot broth. Once you have finished one plate of beef, you can ask for another plate and continue to fill your tummy till you can't eat anymore. You serve the vegetables (which are raw-you have to cook them in the hot broth) and cold drinks yourself from a nearby pushcart.
    Now site, back, relax and enjoy!

We had the lunch, all you can eat menu at 980 yen (about US$10) each. What a steal! For dinner, it costs twice as much.

The only unusual thing that I encountered was that the drink that looked like cold tea, but tasted like chicory or coffee!
    **************

• Business Travel

• dln6874's Profile Photo

Mo-mo Paradise: All you can eat shabu shabu or sukiyaki!

by dln6874 Written Feb 13, 2003

For about $15, you can eat all you want of shabu shabu or sukiyaki!! Both are local meat meals and are yummy!!! For about another $10, you can add all you can eat rice and all you can drink drinks.

Favorite Dish: don't go there for anything other than shabu shabu or sukiyaki. mo-mo is Japanese for 'moo' of a cow in English.

• chatterley's Profile Photo

Na Be Zo (also known as MoMo Paradise): Shabu-Shabu or Sukiyaki (all-you-can-eat buffet)

by chatterley Written Dec 30, 2009
    shabu shabu

The people who run MoMo Paradise also run this chain of restaurants called "Na Be Zo". The food is the same - shabu shabu or sukiyaki.

We opted for shabu shabu (hotpot) and chose 2 kinds of meat, beef and pork. In my opinion, the beef slices taste better. You can also choose and add vegetables into the hotpot.

There were 2 set deals - 1200 Yen per person (no restrictions on number of plates of meat refill) or 800 Yen per person (2 plates of meat given). We went for the 1200 Yen set lunch.

Favorite Dish: Beef was thinly sliced and tasted quite good. Value for money.

Instant Answers: Tokyo