Niimura, Tokyo

1-18-10 Shin-Okubo, Shinjuku-ku +81 3 3366 9711

• meribon's Profile Photo

Niimura: All you can eat Shabu shabu without the rush

by meribon Written Oct 31, 2005

I intended to take my visiting friends to MOMO PARADISE, but with a one hour wait we decided to head to NIIMURA for some all-you-can-eat shabu shabu. It was my first time so I was a bit worried if it would be satisfactory or not, but was pleasantly suprised at not only the quality of food but also the service! We got the all-you-can eat / drink (alcohol and soft drinks) for 3,900 yen. The staff brought all the food to our table and even showed us how to correctly shabu or meat. While usually when you have an all-you-can-drink deal you have to shout at the top of your lungs and/or wait for a long time for another drink to be served to you, the staff at this place was extremely attentive, asking me if I wanted another drink before I even had a chance to finish my first! And to top it all off, they knocked off the time limit for us - so we ate and drank for a little over 3 hours. The place itslef was very clean and due to the size of our party (9 people) they sat us in our own room, which was very Japanese in character. My friends had a great time for one of their first meals in Japan.

Favorite Dish: Well, I personally like beef more than pork, but if you order only pork the price is a bit cheaper. Included in the sabu shabu is also a variety of fresh vegetables. Also, if you are not into drinking too much you can order only all-you-can-eat shabu shabu for about 2,600 yen.
    The all-you-can-drink deal includes beer, sake, shouchu, various sours, and coca-cola. My favorite is the lemon sour - it includes shouchu (Jap alcohol usually made from potatoes) soda, and lemon. Tart and refereshing!

Instant Answers: Tokyo