Nobu Tokyo, Tokyo

6-10-17 Minami-Aoyama, Minato-Ku 03-5467-0022

• fragholrok's Profile Photo

Nobu Tokyo: Great FRESH Seafood

by fragholrok Written Jun 22, 2007

I just went to Nobu Tokyo, and I must say that it more than exceeded my expectations. The menu is way more extensive than what is displayed on their website (http://www.nobutokyo.com/e_menu/), but I ended up finding that just going with the Chef’s OMAKASE Course was great idea. 5 course meal of the best FRESH sushi, sashimi, and seafood I've ever had - this place was great!!! I will definitely be going back! Many people that don't like sushi, or have never had japanese food have these odd preconceptions about it . and with dishes that include things like nato, i guess it's understandable. the nice thing about Nobu is that before the chef prepares the special course, the waiter asks you for any special requests, so you can curtail the chef's course to your specifications. I went with the least expensive Chef's course for dinner (12000 yen) and that included: large fresh oyster topped with caviar & (misc garnishes), fresh octopus topped with cilantro and sea salt & misc garnishes, fresh scallop and Katsuo (bonito fish) salad, sashimi/sushi mix, and the trio of crème brule. Every course was fresh and tasted absolutely fantastic! The restaurant is VERY spacious (for a japanese establishment), with beautiful hand blown glass wall lanterns, that at a very avant-garde feel to the modern decor.

Dinner here will seem a little pricey for those on a budget, but it is always WELL worth it to treat yourself to a unique and wonderful gourmet dinning experience. I HIGHLY recommend this place!

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish would have to be a tie between the scallop and bonito salad and the octopus topped with cilantro leaves. I loved the salad because the scallops & bonito were super fresh and i really go to see what a tremendous difference there is between fresh and that prepackaged crap you can get at any 7-11 in japan. Really, everything I had was very good. I've also heard great things about the softshell crab too, so that maybe something I'll have to try in the future.

• Business Travel

• Nobu: Nobu

by RF_Traveler Written Aug 25, 2002

This is a sister restaurant of Nobu in New York and a cousin to Matsuhisa in Los Angeles. It is also owned by Robert DeNiro in partnership with Nobu Matsuhisa like the New York restaurant. It opened with help from the Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto, who is the head chef of Nobu in New York. This is one restaurant in Tokyo that is spacious like a restaurant in the U.S. It is one of the nicest atmospheres if you are longing for a quiet dinner or just want to experience real Neo-Japanese cuisine. They also have a cigar bar.

Favorite Dish: Soft shell crab roll sushi