Sushizanmai, Tokyo

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 5 Reviews

*there are several shops in the city*

• Sushizanmai
    by yashiko
  • Dr.Styranki's Profile Photo

Sushizanmai - Oku-no-In: Ryotei restaurant

by Dr.Styranki Written Jan 18, 2010

This is a big sushi restaurant chain and hosts around 20 restaurants in Tokyo area. However the style and atmosphere depends on the location, some are bar/counter type of fast sushi place others like "Oku-no-in" provides classic setting with garden view etc.

Reservation is recommended.

Favorite Dish: Any sushi here is brilliant I have never been disappointed.

• Business Travel

• yashiko's Profile Photo

Sushizanmai Honten: Sushizanmai Honten Restaurant

by yashiko Updated Jul 25, 2009

Ebi and tamago

As the name already suggests this a sushi restaurant. Me and my friends took place at the counter so we could watch the chef prepare our sushi. This was great fun anf deffinitly added up to the ambience.
    Half way our lunch they started to auction of a tamago (egg omelet) with seaweed (I forgot which seaweed). They only make one batch a day and the first ones to order could get a piece. We were quick enough to get some of it. It was delicous and very special.

They have restaurants all over town but we went to the Honten restaurant. Check their website for other locations. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and all year long. There is always sushi ;-)

Favorite Dish: I ordered a Sushizanmai set menu. I was very happy with it. It included a plate of Nigiri sushi (ebi, tamago, unagi, maguro, sake,...) a small salad and a miso soup. And it was very reasonable in price, especialy when considering the quality of the fish and the size of the dish.

• Work Abroad
    • Business Travel

• jaypride's Profile Photo

Sushizanmai in Tsukiji: Best Anago ever tasted!!

by jaypride Updated Jul 7, 2004

10 inches of Anago

Another good thing about this sushi shop, other than the good taste and the comparatively low price, is the business hour: it opens 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Unlike most sushi shop in Tokyo that close before midnight, u can go there in the early morning and in the middle of the night~!

Favorite Dish: Second best dish, runner up to the toro. Very soft texture, melt in the mouth.. no fishy smell at all!!

• jaypride's Profile Photo

Sushizanmai in Tsukiji: Best Toro ever tasted!!!

by jaypride Written Jul 6, 2004

Oo Toro (Tuna tummy)

We went there at about 10.. just after we had some uni rice.. we were all facinated by the fresh, tasty uni that we wanted more fresh sushi~ I thought I wasn't going to eat much as I was quite full after the uni rice.. but I ended up eating as much as I could in a dinner occation... -_-"

Favorite Dish: oo toro!!! must try!! I had 2 of them.. and felt like I had never eaten anything as fantastic in myself before~~ I actually had tears in my eyes while eating them...

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

Sushizanmai: Great Sushi

by sinjabc Written Oct 25, 2009

A friend took us to Sushizanmai in Roppongi. I was amazed at how fresh and delicious the sushi was. We ate to our hearts content. There was a 15-20 minute wait for a table, but it was worth it.

Instant Answers: Tokyo