Odaiba, Tokyo

Minato-ku

Know about this? Rate It!

• Odaiba
    by akikonomu
    Aqua City and Fuji Terebi
    by FelixB
    Grilled chicken products
    by AusPinay
  • AusPinay's Profile Photo

*Shopping Area > Odaiba: CULINARY TRIP W/O GETTING OUT OF SHINJUKU STA.

by AusPinay Updated Jun 2, 2009

take a culinary trip at Odakyu,Shinjuku Sta.

It is at the basement of huge ODAKYO Department Store inside the SHINJUKU STATION complex!

You don't have to get out of Shinjuku Station building as the department store is right there- just follow the signs.

In another of our family misadventures, I got separated from my family and got to Shinjuku on my own (will talk about this separately). I tried getting out but was quickly overwhelmed as SHINJUKU is enormous! So I decided to stick around Odakyu Department store as it has everything-rows of little boutiques selling clothes, bags, accessories, jewelries, etc.

Anyway, after sulking for a few minutes, my growling tummy led me to the basement of Odakyu which is filled with the most amazing array of food- freshly cooked fast food like sushi, tempura chicken and meat products, baked goods from simple breads to pastries and sweets, fresh fruits and vegetables, the list goes on!

It is both a visual and artistic experience just checking out all those yummy looking food! Why fret that you are lost in Tokyo without your family? THESE ARE COMFORT FOOD of he highest level!

Ironically, I ended up buying just a bag of assorted giant round rice crackers as I was still a bit worried how to find my family! (When in doubt, go to the info desk of the train station, they gave me our hotel's number and from there I contacted my hubby who as I suspected went back to our rooms with my boys!)

What to buy: Lots of food items so the sky is the limit! Anything really depending on your taste buds!(Of course there are also clothes, shoes, and practically any item you like to check out in a department store.)

What to pay: From 200 yen for a bag of rice crackers and less for a steamed bun,etc...The price depends on what food item you like. Seafood products are always a bit dearer. But you will never go wrong choosing any item as they all look very fresh and clean!

• akikonomu's Profile Photo

*Shopping Area > Odaiba: Nostalgic stuff

by akikonomu Written Oct 1, 2007

If you wish to grab some knick-knacks modelled after stuff sold in Japan for the past 50 years or so, head to #3/4? of Decks at Odaiba. Much more interesting than clothes and electronics in my opinion.

What to buy: Sweets, T-shirts with vintage imprints

What to pay: About ¥2,000 for T-shirts; ¥1,000 up for toys and ¥30 up for sweets

• FelixB's Profile Photo

Aqua City Odaiba: The many Shopping Malls of Odaiba

by FelixB Updated Apr 10, 2005

Aqua City and Fuji Terebi

Right in front of the outstanding Fuji TV building on Odaiba is with a total of more than 100 million visitors one of the more frequented shopping malls on Odaiba. With shops of different designers it also hosts a cinema, Sony Centre with a branch of Sony Plaza, as well as one of the many Disney Stores, McDonald's, HMVs and Starbucks in Tokyo.
    Besides duty-free shops you can also find a broad slection of different gourmet restaurants.

Right in front of the building you will have the best views of the replica of the Statue Of Liberty as well as Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo Tower farther behind.

What to buy: The Sony Plaza Store is sort of an import shop with many goods and especially sweets from all over the world. Another branch can also be found on Omotesando in Harajuku.

What to pay: Prices vary

• Luxury Travel
    • Trains
    • School Holidays

• Brighterstar's Profile Photo

Burberry: Venus Fort Shopping Center in Odaiba, Tokyo

by Brighterstar Written Dec 14, 2004

What to buy: There is a Burberry Boutique here and I found that prices here are reasonable and designs up to date. It is duty free of course. The designs of the shopping centre is beautiful. Should not miss this. When I in the shopping centre, I found that I do not have enough time to browse around all the shops. Opposite this centre, is the Toyota car showroom where all the latest models are.

• vincentf's Profile Photo

Odaiba - Palette Town and Venus Fort

by vincentf Updated Aug 2, 2005

Palette Town

This is one of many shopping centres in Odaiba District. It also has a huge ferris wheels overlooking Tokyo Bay.

What to buy: This place sells mostly womens clothes.

Instant Answers: Tokyo