Shinjuku, Tokyo

Shinjuku-ku

Know about this? Rate It!

• Shinjuku
    by cinthya_in_victoria
  • Shinjuku
    by loisl
  • Tilt your head a little to the left to view me
    Tilt your head a little to the left to...
    by huggy93
  • dennisKL's Profile Photo

Department Stores: Shop for Day and Night

by dennisKL Written Jul 15, 2004

Shinjuku

Along Shinjuku area is a most famous Asian traveller shopping spot. Taking the JR and may get yourself to the Shinjuku station. Price are from moderate to high.

What to buy: Clothes, Electronic items, Mobiles, convenient stores, Supermarket, and Restaurant.

• o00o's Profile Photo

Fashion: Shinjuku - Shopping Area for Young People

by o00o Written Aug 16, 2004

Takashimaya

Shinjuku is a meeting place for young people to for leisure, shopping and for food and for entertainment.

The fashion designed and sold at the department store are mostly target to the young people who has the most in purchasing power..

What to buy: Dress, clothes

What to pay: Cash, credit card

• Business Travel
    • Seniors

• loisl's Profile Photo

Shinjuku area: For the quick shopper

by loisl Updated Jan 7, 2005

Tokyo offers lots of shopping possibilities, I don't want to write about those.
    As a business traveler you don't have time and you want to go for a quick shopping tour near the hotel after work.
    A good place around Shinjuku are the few blocks between the Keio Plaza Hotel and Shinjuku station.

What to buy: anything, electronics goods, sporting goods, clothes

What to pay: a lot, it's Japan, man

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Shinjuku district

by Jim_Eliason Updated Jan 11, 2009

Shinjuku

Shinjuku is a shopping and nightlife district in central Tokyo. It's also one of those ultramodern neighborhoods in Tokyo with a huge LCD screen on every building. Definitely a must see at night when the place is lit up with more neon than a dozen Las Vegas'.

• Luxury Travel

• Fondtrav's Profile Photo

Lumine Est: Ladies shopping in Shinjuku, Tokyo

by Fondtrav Written Sep 13, 2007

Women's clothing of high quality and reasonable prices can be found in Lumin Est in Shinjuku. There are many shops inside here which cater to fashionable ladies. Prices here are found to be lower than the department stores such as Takashimaya and Isetan. The range of clothing, shoes and accessories are impressive. The sales assistants provided great service and were very helpful.

What to buy: Women's clothing

• huggy93's Profile Photo

Many shops: Shopping in Shinjuku

by huggy93 Written Oct 22, 2004

Tilt your head a little to the left to view me

To me Shinjuku is the epicentre of my world and I love the place. I love the hustle and bustle of this 24/7 district. If there is anything you want, I can guarantee that you are gonna be able to get it here!

From electronics, to second hand designer fashion, to brand new designer fashion to.....

the list is endless!!

What to buy: Most people would say Akahabara for the electronics but I got just what I needed in Shinjuku which was good enough for me.

But electronics is a must for any foreigner coming to Japan.

Now that I am more savi with the culture, next time I will have a clearer list of what I want.

Perhaps I will even be shopping for things to put in my new Tokyo apartment, so watch this space!!

What to pay: As much or as little as you got. By little I mean that there are lots of 100 yen shops all over the place.

• cinthya_in_victoria's Profile Photo

*Shopping Area > Shinjuku: Japanese Souvenirs

by cinthya_in_victoria Updated Dec 5, 2007

I was surprised about the stuff you can find at the hotel souvenir shop of Keio Plaza Hotel. I found many japanese stuff at very resonable prices.

What to buy: I recommend you to buy a Yukata and a nice souvenir to decorate your house. You can't go home without a geisha doll

What to pay: To be honest, for me Tokyo wasn't that expensive, I mean it is expensive but not the way I was told to. Probably I spent USD100 average in souvenirs, from a kimono to a pencil.

Instant Answers: Tokyo