Know about this?
If you're from the United...
If you're from the United States or Western Europe, find out where the nearest Citibank or Post Office is as soon as possible. Beware - there aren't that many Citibanks, although Post Offices are fortunately common. The three Citibanks I know of are in Shinjuku, Shinjuku-sanchohme and Roppongi. The one in Roppongi is easiest to find - it's right on Roppongi Crossing by Almond (don't ask, you'll know when you see it), although rather unusually it's inside a building on the second floor, so you have to take an elevator up from the street.
Why do you need to find a Citibank (or Post Office)? Because, in contradiction of what I've read elsewhere on VT, Citibank ATMs or Post Office Savings ATMs are the only ones you'll be able to draw money out of with VISA cards. Oh sure, most of the Japanese banks' machines have VISA symbols on them, but try to use them and your card will be spat back out at you and you'll be informed (probably in Japanese) that 'your card is difficult to read'.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Tokyo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Malgrat de Mar
- Pondicherry Hotels
- Cebu City
- Mussoorie Hotels
- Kalpakkam Hotels
- Laoag City
- Cheras Hotels
- New York City Warnings and Dangers
- New Orleans Warnings and Dangers
- Punta Cana Warnings and Dangers
- Cancún Warnings and Dangers
- Nashville Warnings and Dangers
- Bora-Bora Warnings and Dangers
- Milan Warnings and Dangers
- Saint Louis Warnings and Dangers
- Montego Bay Warnings and Dangers
- Angeles City Warnings and Dangers
- Madrid Warnings and Dangers