Know about this?
Homeless Tokyo and Garbage Cans
If you take a walk around Tokyo, especially near the parks, you will probably notice many homeless people along the sidewalks or in makeshift homes. It is very unlikely that you will find garbage cans anywhere on the streets, though. The Japanese people say that the reason this is true, is that the Japanese want to discourage homeless people going through the trash and disturbing people. It has also been said that this was done after the Sarin Gas attack in the Tokyo subway, because the gas was put in a garbage bin.
Either way, if you have anything you wish to dispose of, you must enter a shop or another building and throw it away if there is a garbage can inside or ask an employee. Most likely, they will throw it away themselves.
- Family Travel
- Business Travel
The menu in Japanese.
There is rarely English written menu in restaurant and cafe.It's written almost in Japanese.
And big problem,A lot of Japanese cannot speak English.
But if you speak in English slowly,they'll manage to explain.So many people are kindly.
- Food and Dining
CARRY YOUR PASSPORT AT ALL TIMES
Please take note, if you are in Japan on a tourist Visa it is Illegal to be without your passport..... even to visit the shops! If you do not carry your passport you can be arrested and even deported.
PS. police in Japan can hold you for 30 days without charge
- Budget Travel
- Business Travel
Japan - not easy to travel - sometimes
This is not a vital warning, it's more some statements about travelling here.
- Outside of metropolitan areas your foreign credit card is maybe not accepted; this happened to me outside Kyoto, on a smaler railwaystation, where I wanted to buy a trainticket.
- From Public phones you can't make an international call, and "western" cell phones don't work here.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Tokyo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Pudu Ulu Hotels
- Melbourne Hotels
- Montreal Hotels
- Iloilo City Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Bangkok Warnings and Dangers
- New Orleans Warnings and Dangers
- Ensenada Warnings and Dangers
- Cancún Warnings and Dangers
- Nashville Warnings and Dangers
- Chicago Warnings and Dangers
- Phuket Warnings and Dangers
- South Padre Island Warnings and Dangers
- Angeles City Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Rico Warnings and Dangers
- Karachi Warnings and Dangers
- Moscow Warnings and Dangers