Almaty What to Pack

• DAO's Profile Photo

PROPER FOOT WEAR

by DAO Written Jan 14, 2013

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear:
    Almaty is a slushy mess - even in January. You need waterproof boots or simialr with very good traction. And you need to pack flip-flops for showers. They really do not seem to sell them here. I have looked for hours.

• Business Travel

• KL-Boy's Profile Photo

General Information

by KL-Boy Updated Jun 23, 2007

Miscellaneous: Currency - Tenge. What you bring in spend it (or declare it) all as it is a real hassle to bring out more money than you declare (when coming in)

Voltage - Same as United States (2 pin 220V) - bring an adaptor for you cameras, phones etc

• rsleisk's Profile Photo

Russian phrase book.

by rsleisk Updated Jul 13, 2005

Great Russian phrase book

Miscellaneous: Most people in Almaty do not speak English so it is best to come prepared with a good Russian phrase book. Part of my excitement when I learned I would be going to Almaty was I was eager to practice my Russian that I had taken in college.

But that was 7 years earlier and I needed a quick and handy refresher so I bought RUSSIAN AT A GLANCE, by Barrons. This is a great asset to your travel to Almaty. There are some great phrases for everyday conversations. It is also great because it comes with a protective plastic cover and is small enough to fit in your pocket.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Almaty

Comments

Almaty What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Almaty what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Almaty sightseeing.