Atyrau Warnings and Dangers

The "American city"
    by ThereseKL

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Atyrau

• Atyrau2012's Profile Photo

Reason behind resentment in atyrau

by Atyrau2012 Updated Oct 17, 2012

I have read many comments on the net that fail to get to the reason why there is so much resentment and hatred in this fledgling country as an expat that's dating a local for the past 2 years and under the age of 40 I can give you a very clear and straight forward explanation.Women in atyrau outnumber men and they are mostly young women who are lucky to get 100 dollars per week.Expats come in like I did flashing the cash around like it's confetti and women are literally spoilt by in particular expats between the ages of 50-60.Alot of these women don't care that these guys are married at home with kids, as far as there concerned if they are resident or working 6/2 there spending most of there time with them so there classifying themselves as wife number 1.Remember in Kazakhstan it's not illegal to have several wives and expats know this.you will find many expats that will move these women into there apartments and live a second life while there wives and kids worry about them at home.I have no kids nor am I married so I felt it was time to spill the beans on what's going on here.If you are contemplating coming to kazakhstan and you love your wife and kids please consider what I have said,I have seen many relationships fall apart over what's been happening and would strongly recommend you checking other websites to verify what I say.I can't say I blame young girls here wanting a better life but there is no excuse for the actions of certain not all expats here in atyrau.For my part I cannt blame local guys for being hostile towards us when I see 60 year old men being with early 20 year old women.If its not acceptable in Europe or America it shouldn't be here and i would not like it to end up like Thailand.If you feel your husband is doing the dirt get a holiday visa or contact Kazakh embassy for advice on how you go about travelling to Kazakhstan.

• davido7236's Profile Photo

Atyrau. Pavements

by davido7236 Written Sep 27, 2007

A friend stood on a manhole cover in Atyrau and fell down a very deep hole (over 1 meter) and injuring his leg. These are sometimes unsecured since people (kids) open them up but don't properly replace them. In addition it's fairly common to find holes of various types in and around pavements, uneven paving and other hazards - so watch out especially after dark or if you have had a few beers.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Business Travel

• ThereseKL's Profile Photo

Western people...

by ThereseKL Written May 19, 2007

The

All that Western money has caused resentment among young Kazakhs. The fact that there has been built an "American city" in the center of Atyrau, is very unpopular among the local people. So if you are from/or look like an American, you should be extra careful when you are walking alone after dark...

Instant Answers: Atyrau

Comments

Atyrau Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Atyrau warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Atyrau sightseeing.