Places to eat in Concelho de Macau

My husband at the original Aruna's
    In the restaurant.
    by IreneMcKay
    Hac Sa Parque Restaurant.

Most Viewed Restaurants in Concelho de Macau

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

The Ciao Restaurant Metropark Hotel.: Excellent value.

by IreneMcKay Written Apr 4, 2014

The Ciao Restaurant is located on the third floor of the Metropark Hotel. Despite its name, food there is more local, Chinese and Portugueses, than Italian. On our last day at the hotel we had the lunch buffet there. The food was plentiful and tasty and very cheap at MOP58 plus 10%. It was MOP28 for a bottle of Macau beer. I was very impressed with the buffet which had a salad bar, caldo verde soup, bread rolls, main courses, dessert - the creme caramel was delicious, tea, coffee.

I noticed the lunch buffet was very popular with tour groups. The restaurant was busy and as it was Chinese New Year during our visit, had quite a festive atmosphere.

CCiao Restaurant Buffet Lunch.

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe.: Good food, pleasant service.

by IreneMcKay Written Apr 4, 2014

The Hard Rock Cafe in Macau is located in the lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel in the City of Dreams.

The staff were very pleasant, cheerful and friendly. The restaurant did not serve draft beer so I had a bottle of Macau beer and my husband had a bottle of Tsingtao.

The food took quite a long time to come, but was worth waiting for, as it was very tasty. I had the club sandwich which I really enjoyed. My husband had fish and chips. This came with an absolute heap of chips, more than we could eat, but they were good and crispy.

Our main meals cost MOP108 and the beers were between MOP 30 and 40 I think depending on whether they were local or imported. The overall price was comparable with a similar restaurant in Hong Kong - perhaps a bit cheaper.

The City of Dreams is easy to get to as there are free shuttle buses to it from the Macau Ferry Terminal.

As the food was good and service pleasant we will certainly go back.

At the Hard Rock Cafe.

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Hac Sa Parque Restaurant.: Friendly restaurant with good local food.

by IreneMcKay Written Apr 4, 2014

Like many people, we first encountered the Hac Sa Parque Restaurant when we were trying to visit Fernando's next door. Fernando's had a long queue so we turned to the Hac Sa Parque instead. That was years ago. Now I would not dream of visiting Hac Sa without visiting here. There's an outdoor area, Norman's bar and a restaurant area. We always sit in Norman's bar.

The wait staff are very friendly and pleasant. The overall atmosphere is relaxed. The restaurant serves Portuguese, Asian and international food and stocks Portuguese wine and beer as well as other brands.

We have always enjoyed our food here. On this ocassion my husband had fish and chips, while I had baked pork chop rice. Both dishes were very good.

We drank draft Carlsberg and Asahi with it. One oddity is that it is more economical to order the smaller measures of beer with the jug being the worst value of all size wise. Not sure why.

The owner is clearly into music and the walls are decorated with musical memoribilia especially the Beatles.

This is a very pleasant location for a relaxing meal and the food is good value for money.

Hac Sa Parque Restaurant. Hac Sa Parque Restaurant.
    • Beer Tasting

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Aruna's: The best Indian food in Macau.

by IreneMcKay Written Apr 4, 2014

We have lived in Hong Kong for about 18 years now. At one time we used to go across to Macau frequently. Especially during the time of SARS we were there practically all the time. Then around 8 years ago we stopped going as we saw casino after casino being built, construction everywhere, and it felt like watching an old friend being torn apart.

Aruna's was our favourite Indian restaurant every time we visited. We always went there. We returned after a six year absense, not expecting anyone to remember us at all, and the first thing Aruna's aunt said to us when we entered was: "It has been a long time since I saw you two". In Hong Kong you could go to the same restaurant every day and they would never remember you. Macau is much more friendly.

In some ways Aruna's was the same, in some different. It was more expensive than before, so was all of Macau. We paid about the same as we would in Hong Kong. It had more choices on the menu. One thing that was the same was that the food was excellent. We had wonderful crispy poppadoms, vegetable samosa, lamb rogan josh and chicken kadai. Aruna's does fantastic freshly made chappatis. They used to make them more or less right in front of you. Now it is back a bit in the kitchen.

The aunt told us that the original Aruna's is going to close and that there is one facing onto Golden Lotus Square and in the Sheraton Food Court. It is sad to see the original going, but we will certainly be back to try the new ones. A great restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Make sure you try the freshly made chapatis.

My husband at the original Aruna's In the restaurant.

Street and Market Restaurants: Street Chinese Food

by Avieira67 Updated Jan 2, 2014

On the 3rd floor of Mercado de São Domingos - São Domingos Market you will find traditional Chinese food sold in stalls. Menu is only available in Chinese, but there are some pictures to help you choose. This is not the cheapest place to taste Chinese food, but you will find it very tasty. At the past, this kind of food was available at Rua dos Mercadores.

Early in the morning, at the corner of Rua da Palha - the street leading to Saint Paul ruins - there are, at least, two cheap street restaurants where you can try congee and dumplings.

Around the Sé - Cathedral there is a street going to Praça do Leal Senado crowded with cheap Chinese eateries. Just align and choose your stucks.

Street food - Close to Cathedral Mercado de S��o Domingos market Street food - Close to Cathedral Street food - Rua da Palha

Restaurante e Café Vitória: A restaurant with tradition

by Avieira67 Updated Aug 10, 2013

This typical restaurant was introduced to me by my Macanese friend Fátima. In fact, this is a well known place among locals and where you can find Macanese people.
    The menu is written in both official languages, Portuguese and Chinese. I am not sure, but I think it is also availabe in English.
    About the food and the service, I have found them great.

Favorite Dish: Caril de peixe com arroz - Fish curry with rice.

Caril de peixe - Fish curry Galinha merengue - Chicken merengue

Clube de amigos do Riquexó: Prato do Dia - Dish of the Day

by Avieira67 Updated Jul 7, 2013

This is another kind of canteen where you meet Macanese ambience and food made for locals. It is also close to Cantina da APOMAC, on the same street. The only no is the limited menu.
    As I know, this space was sold and the restaurant closed its doors at the end of 2012. It is a pity!

Favorite Dish: I tryed Minchi, minced meat with fried potatoes served with plain rice.

Lunch Minchi

Cantina da APOMAC: Prato do dia - Dish of the day

by Avieira67 Updated Jul 7, 2013

I was introduced in this canteen by a Macanese friend who told me here I could meet the real Macanese ambience and food. In fact, it was a great place for me as I could talk to many interesting Macanese people. I found the food made for locals, not for tourists.
    I liked the service and the ambience. This is a place I recommend for those who are looking for real Macanese ambience.

Favorite Dish: There were some options for the Prato do dia - Dish of the day. I was indecise between carne de porco bafassá - Roast pork meat with saffron and Raizes de lótus com carne de porco - Lotus roots with pork meat. At the end I elected Raizes de lótus com carne de porco, and I was not disappointed with this dish.
    Prato do dia includes: soup, main course, dessert, coffee or tea. Non-Members pay 50 patacas.

Cantina da APOMAC Cantina da APOMAC Cantina da APOMAC Cantina da APOMAC Cantina da APOMAC

Restaurante O Porto Interior: Try Porco balichão

by Avieira67 Updated Jul 5, 2012

I was looking for Macanese food, and I just went to one of the places where it is supposed to find this food.
    I must say I liked very much the ambience and the service, but I didn't find the food genuine. Maybe I am wrong, but this restaurant is just for tourists. Food was a little tasty, but a small portion and I noted it was an adaption of traditional Macanese food.
    I tryed Porco balichão, a kind of Pork meat made with a traditional Macanese sauce, and served with plain rice.

Favorite Dish: I was looking for Tacho, a kind of cooked mixed meats and vegetables with Chinese sausages, but it was not available at the moment.

Restaurante O Porto Interior Restaurante O Porto Interior Restaurante O Porto Interior Restaurante O Porto Interior Restaurante O Porto Interior

The best Pastel de Nata: Margaret's Café e Nata

by Avieira67 Updated Jun 4, 2012

In this Café you can find a wide variety of pastries, namely the traditional Portuguese egg tart (Pastel de nata). There are many places sending this traditional Portuguese cake, but here it is not very sweet.
    This cake was also exported to China, where is well appreciated.

Favorite Dish: Pastel de nata.

• chatterley's Profile Photo

Wing Lai Yuen Restaurant: Chinese Food

by chatterley Updated Apr 4, 2011

We ordered rice, stir-fried beef with ginger and spring onions, stir-fried long beans, tofu and vegetable soup. The food was not bad (hubby liked the beans!) and prices were reasonable, the bill came up to less than 200 MOP.

• islaazul's Profile Photo

Margaret's Cafe e Nata: World-famous egg custard tart

by islaazul Updated Apr 4, 2011

A cute cafe tucked away in a side street. It serves coffee, sandwiches, and above all the world-famous Portugese egg custard tarts. According to locals, this is the place to go for these yummy tarts.

Favorite Dish: Portugese egg tarts! Delicious egg custard in a flaky, melt-in-your-mouth crust. The top of the egg custard is slightly burned and carmelized. To die for.

• luhweitze's Profile Photo

Lee Hong Kei: Nice Tau Fu Fah

by luhweitze Written Sep 19, 2009

The shop sells smooth Tau Fu Fah. The Tau Fu Fah is very smooth when put into mounth because its made by hand. The shop owner sells Tau Fu Fah more than 50 years. They not only serves hot and cold Tau Fu Fah, but also Tau Fu Sui which suitable to drink in the hot weather.

The Tau Fu Fah Shop Cold Tau Fu Fah

• limledi's Profile Photo

Lord Stow's Bakery

by limledi Updated Mar 11, 2009

Pick up some freshly baked Portuguese egg tarts from one of the Lord Stow's bakeries which are dotted around Coloane Village & enjoy the steaming hot pastry as you walk by the seaside.

Favorite Dish: Freshly baked Portuguese egg tarts coz it's the best you can find.

Lord Stow's Bakery Lord Stow's Bakery Lord Stow's Bakery Lord Stow's Bakery
    • Hiking and Walking

• limledi's Profile Photo

Venetian Food Court

by limledi Updated Mar 11, 2009

Venetian Macau Resort Hotel offers a wide selection of sumptuous dishes in their food court. The price as expected in this high-end hotel is expensive. There are numerous stalls to choose from offering Chinese, Japanese, Italian & other cuisines.

Favorite Dish: Tempura. I just love Japanese food pure & simple.

Venetian Food Court Venetian Food Court Venetian Food Court Venetian Food Court Venetian Food Court

Instant Answers: Concelho de Macau

Comments

Concelho de Macau Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Concelho de Macau restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Concelho de Macau sightseeing.
Map of Concelho de Macau