Fisherman's Wharf, Macao

volcano like park in fisherman's wharf
    by machomikemd
  • the shopping area of the fisherman's wharf
    the shopping area of the fisherman's...
  • Fisherman's Wharf
  • HebaM's Profile Photo

Macau fisherman's wharf

by HebaM Updated Oct 8, 2012

The Macau Fisherman's Wharf is the first theme park in Macau. It is located in the Macau Peninsula, near the Hong Kong- Macau Ferry Pier. it was the first place I've been to in Macau after I passed the customs.
    I don't recommend buying anything from the stores there as its way overprices but it's an interesting place, I really enjoyed my time there despite the very bad rain.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Fisherman's Wharf Convention Centre

by SWFC_Fan Written Mar 17, 2006

Roman ampitheatre at Fisherman's Wharf

I visited the Fisherman's Wharf Convention Centre in January 2006 during a daytrip from Hong Kong to Macau.

At the time of my visit the convention centre was nearing completion, but much of it was still closed.

The convention centre looks like a theme park. Amongst the various novelty attractions are a model of a volcano (Vulcania), which I believe you can go inside, some mock Roman ruins and an ampitheatre, a row of tall Amsterdam-style buildings housing shops and restaurants, a Venetian style harbour and traditional Portuguese style architecture (whitewashed buildings with yellow trims and blue and white wall tiles).

The mock streets within the site are lined with luxury restaurants and boutique shops, but many of these had “opening soon” or “tenants to be announced” signs outside them when I visited.

There is an area with fairground rides and fast food kiosks, and a large casino nearby.

It certainly looked as though it would be a popular tourist attraction once it is completed, but at the time of my visit there were more builders and security guards on site than tourists.

Instant Answers: Macao