• My damnation

I have a terrible spell - wherever I go, I can't escape the "universal trilogy" - Zara, Mango, Cortefiel. China gave me some rest, but Macau took me back to reality - there they are! As everywhere else... Next time I will go to the North Pole.

• Postcards and Magnets

This is the most colorful shop on your way to the St. Paul Ruins from Senado Square (left side) Ref magnets and postcards!

• Fisherman's Wharf

Part huge tourist trap, part Mall this area has lot of designer clothing, restaurants and tourist shops.

• The Venetian

You can get middle - high range store in The Venetian , but still it doesnt attract me , because I find their things expensive . I rather shop in Guang Zhou

• Western shops

The main concentration of shopping streets are located in the centre of the city, between the Ruins of St Paul and the Senate Building. The best thing is, is that as the streets are narrow and twisty, the majority of them are pedestrian only which makes things far more relaxing as you can concentrate on what the shops are selling rather than any...

• Haggling

It is a must to huggle over prices everywhere. I wanted to buy a chinesse style sweater and I said that I will buy it but for a half price of what had been said and shop assistant agreed without problems.

• The BEST souvenir shop in MACAU

This shop offers a very good environment for shopping, especially their shop located in Taipa. Freshly made cakes could be found. The aroma of the baked cakes is simply irrestable. I've tried almost all almond cakes in town and I believe Choi Heong Yuen is the BEST! Good Service too! Best Souvenir in Macau: Charcoal Baked Almond Cakes, Egg Rolls...

• Going Nuts over Seaweed Wrapped Wafers

The shop has several branches in Macau (as well as in Hong Kong and Guangzhou). There's one branch very near to the Ruins of St.Paul along Rua de S.Paulo. You can't miss it. The crowd is there. One of their specialties is the seaweed wrapped wafer. Crispy sweet on the inside with a great seaweed twist of a taste. About 22-25 patacas per box.

• Going Nuts over Almond Cookies!

You won't missed it. Together with its competitor, this bakery is sited along the main street leading to the Ruins of St.Paul. Just follow the smell of freshly oven-baked Almond cookies. Packed with people jostling for bargains and cries from the teasers imploring you to come in and buy something, the store love to display its freshly baked goods...

• Largo Senado & Rua de Sao Paulo

THE place to shop in Macau is the area between the Leal Senado and Sao Paulo. These streets, including Rua de Sao Paulo and the Largo Senado, are packed with fancy stores, small restaurants, bakeries, gift shops, and a variety of other stores. It's a great place to stroll, shop, eat, and people-watch!

• Shopping Tips

Hong Kong dollars are widely accepted in Macau so no need to change any money.Some stores may require a minimum purchase to accept a credit card and some may also apply 2-3% service charge on credit purchase even though this is not legalMacau is duty free, so don't be caught my offers of 'duty free' buying.Always ask for a receipt with the name of...

• Shopping

The main shopping area is located along the Avenida do Infante D Henrique and Avenida Almeida Ribeiro, S?o Domingos Market, Rua de Palha, Rua do Campo and Rua Pedro Nolasco da Silva.For Antiques : Rua de S.Paulo, Rua do Palha, Rua das Estalagens, - Rua dos Negociantes, Coloane Village.For Gift Items : Rua de S. Domiingos, Rua da PalhaFor Clothing...

• Eggtart

This shop was established since 1989. It's listed on my guidebook so I thought I would try it. The eggtart is really yummy! I bought home some for my mum, she is very hard to be pleased when it comes to bakery stuff but she really loves it. Eggtart 4 pieces = 22MOP

• Fakes

A man, a bag and a confident swagger in front of any of the main historic sites in Macao... Nothing and everything. Every name you could think of re watches, very cheap and of course totally fake. This guy was doing a roaring trade with this bus load of Japanese tourists - until another guy turned up. Great theatre!

• Great souvenir from Macao

Preserved salty fish is some kind of traditional Chinese food and Macao is renowned of this products.Preparation: cut in small trunks and clean up, then put them in a small saucer and top with a few thin slices of ginger and a few drops of vegetable oil. Steam cook or pan fry also good for making this dish. Yummy .......

Macao Hotels

Ilha de Coloane Hotels
32 Reviews - 47 Photos

Instant Answers: Macao

• Nov 18, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Hi There, I will be visiting Macao in January 2013 and got to know there are factroy outlet shoppings there. Anyone can assist me or advice me is the factory outlet near Grand Lisboa and next to Namtin Hotel still available ?

Thank you for your advice!

• kiwi's Profile Photo
      Nov 18, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Hi there, you will have more chance of getting a reply to your question if you post in the travel forum. You can find it here: Macao Travel Forum

Macao Shopping

Reviews and photos of Macao shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Macao sightseeing.
Map of Macao