Tourist Attractions in Macao

Most Viewed Tourist Traps in Macao

• solopes's Profile Photo

Fisherman's docks

by solopes Updated Dec 19, 2013

It seems that, in the old Portuguese days, there was a fisherman's wharf in Macao. Nowadays, the ferry terminal occupied a small area of that wharf, and casinos were planted all around. So, today, Fisherman's wharf in Macao means gamble.

As a matter of fact, I think that, very soon, everything in Macao will mean gamble, and then it will be easy to speak Macanese.

Walking back to the ferry, very tired, I had an hallucination, and felt myself walking in the strip of Vegas. Fortunately the ferry was only a little after Venetian, and I didn't realise if we had to pass Bellagio or not.

Macao Macao Macao Macao
    • Architecture
    • Casino and Gambling

• Avya's Profile Photo

Tour touts at the Macao Ferry terminal

by Avya Written Dec 29, 2007

We were approached by a tout asking for HKD/CNY/MP 150 per person. He says he could take us around Macao. (we had 6 people in our party) so that would cost us HKD 900. But he said he would only charge us HKD 800.

However, going by taxi is a much cheaper option. If you see my taxi tip, our fare to the Senado Square only cost us HKD 26 per taxi. And there are a few sights alone around Senado Square. Around Senado Square you can see:-

1. St Dominic's church
    2. Sam Kai Vui Kun temple
    3. Holy House of Mercy
    4. Igreja da se Cathedral
    5. Lou Kau Mansion

If you're not in favour of seeing these sights, there's plenty of shopping to do here too....Yes!Seeing all these plus some shopping and dining will probably take you the whole day.

They do follow the meter, and every taxi comes fitted with the cab driver's identification.

Much happening at Senado Square

• MizBlack's Profile Photo

Fisherman's wharf - -for display only

by MizBlack Written Apr 13, 2006

Well, there is practically nothing to do there unless you would love to take loads of pictures with pretty backgrounds. Few of the rides are ready and available (as of April 2006). The only place to grab a bite in there are restaurants. On top of all these, "touristy" shops are all over the place.

Unique Suggestions: Take loads of pretty pictures...

• Architecture

• Wangan_Gundam's Profile Photo

Avoid Answer Hotel Phone Call!

by Wangan_Gundam Written Mar 11, 2006

When Traveling Macau During Night Time, Avoid Answering Any Calls from the Hotel Phone. Because the Last Hotel I stay in, I have Receive About 5-6 Phone Call Asking:Boss! Do you want it? Do you want it? I was Like WTF??? I didn't Realise what is it all about, because I was too Tried. Then I have to contact the Qperator to disable all the Incoming Calls, before I can Get to sleep. Then Next Morning I ask the Staff about it, they said is the Special Roon Service! in other word they are Prosititutes, who is look For Customers.

Just Beware of it, If you are traveling with your Wife or Girlfriend. ;)

• DrPoi's Profile Photo

Don't forget, you're in China

by DrPoi Updated Mar 11, 2004

It doesn't mean anything bad in itself, is just to remind you that, despite the western heritage and monuments, you're in a chinese city. It is chinese people and chinese culture. So don't get surprised if you hear people burping loudly in restaurants, talking extremely loud or spitting anywhere. They're not rude, it's their way of living for centuries. Eventhough you'll find posters like the one in the photo threatening with fines for spitting (in fight against SARS and so on). I saw a chinese man spitting one meter away from a policeman and... Nothing happened.

No spitting

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

There were beautiful women...

by syllybabe Written Aug 26, 2002

There were beautiful women walking around alone everywhere in the Hotel Lisboa. It wasn't until we left my brothers alone for awhile that we realized that those women were prostitutes milling around waiting for customers!

• Bradmed's Profile Photo

Everyone goes here and St....

by Bradmed Written Aug 25, 2002

Everyone goes here and St. Paul's but hey its what the EuroAsian part of Macau is all about. This is Central, where Macau got its start in the 1600s with Portuguese getting permission to live here from the Chinese, along with some fighting of course (not to mention British and Dutch who wanted it too).

Macao Hotels

137 Reviews - 679 Photos
Ilha de Coloane Hotels
32 Reviews - 47 Photos

Instant Answers: Macao

Comments

Macao Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Macao tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Macao sightseeing.
Map of Macao