Damansara Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Damansara

by l_joo Updated Nov 25, 2004

Before I leave the temple, I take a last snap atthe big head guard to show to VT. From this picture, I noticed the hand is holding some mace-like thing downwards and I noticed also the mouth has teeth coming out, quite like dracula but of course this is a Hindu godliness figure nothing to do with that.

by l_joo Updated Nov 25, 2004

A same shot but from the other side, this picture has some devotees standing there very sincerely looking at a person at left, I wasn't sure what they did there, so I have nothing to tell you because I'm not a Hindu.

by l_joo Updated Nov 25, 2004

I zoomed at the big nose elephant look-alike statue to have a look at how the artist built it. The statue is a human body but elephant nose mix Godlike figure, a figure from the ancient religion of Hindu I guess. There's a devotee in full concentration sitting cross-legged with something on his hand, I guess he must be praying.

by l_joo Updated Nov 25, 2004

Now my focus point goes direct onto the statue of Gods in the middle, do you know which one I meant, the one with female look-alike body of light green breasts. I also look at the smaller red God in the middle next to the golden pillar. There's a monk doing his work at the left and devotees in mind praying.

by l_joo Updated Nov 25, 2004

I did not spend too much time in the temple, this shot is taken from the take off shoes spot using zoom. What I saw was a piece of skillful artistic work that needed so much time of hard work. There's a golden thing in the middle looked like a pillar, I guess that was for praying, just my guess, so please correct me if you know better.

by l_joo Updated Nov 25, 2004

The front shot of the temple has so many carvings and drawings of Gods and Gods' somebody accompanying together. From the visual aesthetical point of view, I believe this is a good piece of work of art. I like the way they paint the temple, the color combination was better than many old temples I saw before.

by l_joo Updated Nov 25, 2004

I do a zoom in of the picture to show you how the big guard look. You can see the statue has big head with big mustache, curly hairstyle and big earrings of gold. Necklace is golden too and the mouth is open, probably some specific reason. One of the hand up also for certain purpose.

by l_joo Updated Nov 25, 2004

This series of photo was taken after dark, it was a little dark but I think I like to see the lights with it. The front side of the temple has two big sized human-alike guards in each side of it and to enter the temple, I saw devotees take off their shoes and left it there beside the big guard.

by l_joo Updated Nov 25, 2004

A Hindu temple with the Megamall. When the developer construct the Mid Valley Megamall, already an Indian temple was there, the construction go on but remain the temple as where it was. I saw they renew many parts of this temple, so I guess renew is probably the word to use.

by l_joo Updated Nov 25, 2004

The floor of the temple is always so shiny reflexible, probably there's somebody mob it many times a day to have to glow like this. The floor is so shine and devotees can sit anywhere as in photo.

by l_joo Updated Nov 25, 2004

Now take a look at the big belly of the guard in light purple blue, I believe this is a good piece of artwork that need attention, so I uploaded here to show readers.

Instant Answers: Damansara

Comments

Damansara Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Damansara local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Damansara sightseeing.