Kepong Travel Guide

• Kepong
    by pres_16

Kepong Things to Do

• Walk through the Nature Trails

As a nature lover, the idea of being alone in the jungle did not stop my adventorous spirit from doing this activity. From the moment I reached the first track, I noticed the deafening but soothing sounds of the forest and the sorrounding lush greens. The trail going uphill was just a short one but it was a difficult, steep trail. It really made me...

• The Canopy Walkway

This is the Canopy Walkway where I was supposed to do the magical walk in the treetops. Located in Bukit Lagong Forest Reserve at about 300 m asl, this walkway system was constructed in 1992 with the aid from the German Agency for Technical Cooperation, spans 200m and suspended 30m above groud level.Pay RM5 at the FRIM office.

• Cantonese Opera in Kepong Ulu - 2005

Again, it's so interesting. The actors and actresses were great. The costumes and make-up were glamourous. I didn't manage to catch the whole show every night. I hope they'll come back next year!

• Cantonese Opera in Kepong Ulu - 2005

Cantonese Opera shows by Yim Yeong Tin opera group, for 5 days. Date: 21 - 25 June (Lunar Calendar: 16 - 19 May)Time: 2 - 4pm, 8 - 11.30pm It's FREE! Location:An outdoor stage in front of a secondary school (Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Kepong) near the temple opposite FRIM.

• Cantonese Opera in Kepong Ulu - 2004

In 2003 they had 4 nights of performances. They did the same in 2004, from 2 to 5 July. The performance was great! I very much hope they'll be here every year!

• Cantonese Opera in Kepong Ulu - 2004

Since 2003, in the month of June/July when the temple in Kepong Ulu has its religious celebration, a Cantonese opera group called "Yim Yeong Tin" has been invited to present free opera shows to people especially residents in the area. I only managed to see the opera on their last performance night in 2003, and was deeply attracted by it. It is not...

Kepong Restaurants

• Don't miss the authentic Hakka...

The operators of this restaurant are the Goldish Caterers. the food served is very affordable. My favourite dish is yong tou foo Hakka style. Anyone wishing to taste authentic Hakka yong tou foo, please give staff of this restaurant a chance to serve. They also serve a variety of other affordable dishes. Please go early so that you would be...

• Pork Mix Soup

There is this blue-roof food court called Happy City in Kepong main road. There are many food stalls, and the place is installed with many fans and sometimes quite naturally windy as well. It's a good place for a cheap, light dinner. This stall serves soup with pork internals, namely meat, intestines, stomach, blood cubes and vegetables (pickles)...

• Kepong Hotels

0 Hotels in Kepong

Kepong Off The Beaten Path

• Tall Trees along the Road

Walking inside the FRIM park makes you observe many things, like this picture of a road scene. Both sides of the road are lined with very tall trees forming a canopy making it cool for walking activity. Such a surprise to me, this is similar to the 'Man-Made Forest" in Bohol, Philippines.

• Lovely Yellow Trees

Due to the scarcity of the taxis inside the FRIM, I was forced to walk on my way out to the FRIM gate. And while walking quietly, I noticed these two lovely yellow trees amidst the many green trees. The beauty of this nature has somehow chase away a bit of my tiredness and exhaustion.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Kepong? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Kepong Favorites

• Pop Music Academy

i just found out about this music school at kepong, Serene Musici hope i can learn music there one day.www.serenemusic.neti have famous artist and musician in there and so far it is the only music academy that teaches singer-songwriter and music producers. cool man.

• Kepongese wall

This wall is very special, if you observe carefully. It was said long ago if one stare hard enough, 4 digits will appear. So I guess this wall should have the magic they mentioned.

• Kepongese food stall

The memory was when I am about to snap this photo, the stall owner (a lady) stare at me. This is my fondest memory that I can contribute.

Instant Answers: Kepong

Comments

Explore Deeper into Kepong
Kepongese shrine