Keluang Transportation

by l_joo
    by l_joo
    Uncle Sam, friendly cab driver.
    by travelfishvv

Most Recent Transportation in Keluang

• travelfishvv's Profile Photo

Call a cab: Uncle Sam

by travelfishvv Written Jul 20, 2010
    Uncle Sam, friendly cab driver.

As my schedule was tight and there were quite a lot of places that I would like to explore. I asked my hotel help desk to call a cab for me. Then I met Uncle Sam the taxi driver, he may look like an Indian man but he spoke really fluent mandarin also English and that made things easier since the place landmark I was looking for is a Chinese temple and I only know the Chinese name.

Uncle Sam was funny while taking me and my friends to the location we desired and he knows the places and food pretty well.

Below are his charges:
    Around town: $7 ringgit
    Book his transport service by hour: $20/hr - he will bring you to places of interest and wait for you while you are visiting.

We didn't bargain for the cab fare by the way so I can't confirm if that is the cheapest, might be able to get a cheaper price within town. It was fun speaking to him so I didn't see a point bargaining. : )

His cab is new and pretty comfortable, give him a call and I believe he would be glad to serve you. I took a picture of him before getting down, told him I'll write about him online. LOL

• Photography

• Avoid S & S International Buses

by vanhelsing007 Written Jan 10, 2010

Countless times, I have taken buses from KL to Kluang to visit my friends (my ex-girlfriend lives there). And for all those times, I have stick to S&S because they were supposed to be the best buses around if you want to go to Kluang from KL. However, lately my friends have been complaining about the condition of the buses, and most importantly their rude and inconsiderate drivers. Me being me, I was not ready to just take rumours as news. But it all changes this morning. I bought a ticket as usual, at 0845 hour, and I called in more than half hour to let the counter knows that I would board the bus from another location. This is not something new or out of ordinary. So there I was, standing there with my friends, and the bus speed passed us. I called the counter and the blame was put on me, telling me a different thing, it is not usual for the bus to stop there. I went to the counter demand for explanation, but then the people behind the counter started putting the blame on me again. So I asked to speak to their supervisor, and he said it was my fault for missing the bus. Then I called the owner himself, which happens to be friend of friend. And he did the lousiest thing of all by straight away put it out that it was my fault and they never pick-up anyone outside from the station. Go for KKKL Express. That's my recommendation to all fellow land travellers like me.

• l_joo's Profile Photo

Train, bus or drive yourself

by l_joo Written Oct 1, 2005

KTM - Kluang's railway station

How to get to Kluang? You can take train (cost roughly RM23 from Kuala Lumpur) some 90km north of Singapore and about double the distance south of Kuala Lumpur, you can take bus or train or drive yourself, location is about right in the middle of Johor state. If you are driving on the north-south expressway, exit at Yong Peng or Simpang Renggam south, make sure you pay toll before exit, RM20++. To avoid paying toll, you can use the old road, is about twice the distance, scenic and more funs........

• Trains

Instant Answers: Keluang

Comments

Keluang Transportation

Reviews and photos of Keluang transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Keluang sightseeing.