Kota Tinggi Restaurants

Good ol Butter Crabs
    The Frontage of the Restaurant
    The Roti Canai man!!!

Most Recent Restaurants in Kota Tinggi

• Public Restaurant at Kota Tinggi: Great Food at Great prices!

by hungrysoul Written Jul 9, 2012

Typical Chinese Restaurant recommended by the locals in Kota Tinggi. We were not disappointed. So satisfied we went back two days in a row for lunch.

On both days the meal cost 115 to 118 MR for 4 adults and 3 children.

We ordered....Hot plate Toufu, 2 plates of chilli kang kong per meal, Sweet and Sour Pork, Hot plate deer meat, Dong Puo Rou, Medium Oat prawns/Thai Style Chicken( one on the first day, the other on the second day )and fried noodles. On both days we had coke,coconut and prune juice for all of us.

Bill has no tax and cost all of 118MR day 1 and 115MR on day 2.

Favorite Dish: Everything was top notch...comparable to the likes of Tung Lok, Taste Paradise, Imperial Kitchen in Singapore....and at one quarter or less of the cost in Singapore.

Would go again....for sure if I am in the vicinity.

• Jade Garden Seafood Restaurant Sungei Renggit: Avoid...at all cost!

by hungrysoul Written Jul 9, 2012

Four adults and 3 children visited this restaurant on a Saturday evening...Our opinion...Seafood at Singapore Prices...quality and prices is about the same as any TZE Char stall in Singapore.

Two small crabs weighing just below ONE kilogram in total cost 90 MR AND THEY CHARGE YOU ANOTHER 30RMB FOR BLACK PEPPER SAUCE! So the total for pepper crab is 120MR. I actually double checked the price before I ordered. She told me it would cost us 90MR for 1 kilogram...well she was not wrong...they just charge you for the sauce!!

Two lobsters ( delicious though ) weighing 1 kilogram cost 140RMB.

We ordered -fried toufu, chilli kang kong, black pepper crab and the butter lobsters...one fried fish 54MR...the total bill was 485MR. After double checking the bill, we discovered that they had also charged us for fried squid and oat prawns which we did not order. So the bill went down to 403MR.

We also had 3 cokes and 2 lime juice and 2 glasses of iced water.

They also charge sales tax of 7 percent. After we paid the bill, they took our receipt saying they need it for record purposes.

This is not the place for cheap seafood.

Favorite Dish: The butter lobster is good. House Toufu...not good...chilli kang kong...mediocre...black pepper crab...not bad.

Sebana Cover: Boat House Tavern: Good Ol Malaysian Food

by Aidy_p Updated Oct 19, 2011

Walk down a flight of steps and you will arrive at a non-air-conditioned restaurant. This prove to be good respite as staying in the air-con suite just does not offer you much fresh air. The restaurat also provides a lovely view of the marina and swimming pool.

There's a pretty good spread of eastern and western food. The breakfast for the restaurant comes complimentary with the stay.

Favorite Dish: The one that I love have to be the freshly-made Roti Canai. Yum yum!

The Roti Canai man!!!

Jade Garden Seafood Restaurant: The Good and The Bad

by Aidy_p Updated Oct 18, 2011

The big banner outside the seafood restaurant tells you that celebrities have patronise this joint. Good and reasonably priced food, though there were times in the past where getting a seat in the restaurant is truly a hassle.

Still, what caught me by surprise was that I was there on a Saturday and yet, it did not take long before we were given our tables.

To entertain the kids, the restaurant have those very big fish tanks with all sorts of sea creatures and it was truly a great opportunity for me to educate them on the different fishes.

Favorite Dish: Try all the different types of crabs - Chilli, pepper and butter. This definitely rank as one of the most unhealthy meal, but really, you only live once!

Good ol Butter Crabs The Frontage of the Restaurant

New Mui Tou Restaurant: Quick Meal Before the Firefly Tour

by Aidy_p Written Mar 26, 2010

Conveniently located near the banks of the firefly tour start point, the restaurant looked cosy and clean. I was very much in a daze after stepping down from the tour bus. It was a tiring day and I had not taken much attention of things that were going by me.

Favorite Dish: The food was good enough to fill my tummy. We had a bowl of lovely hot soup, sliced beef, toufu, and prawns. Everything tasted pretty good, I'd say.

• Jade garden at Kota Tiggi: Refrain from going to this place

by lski1703 Written Nov 9, 2009

I came to know about the restuarant from virtual tourist when I was searching for a decent, cheap and good seafood restaurant when I was making a trip to Desaru.

Initially, the food as commented was as it presented, the food, service and price score 8/10. But base on my visit yesterday, it was totally a disapointment. Not only is the food is below the normal standard, so goes the service and the escalation of price.

Just to share the price tag I paid for 2 A and 1 kid;
    1. Fried KTeow (S) =RM 6
    2. Fried Kang Kong (S) =RM 8
    3. Steam Fish (Ikan Kurau frozen) = RM 60 (per fish)
    4. Crab (1 crab of average size) = RM 50 (for the misarable crab)
    5. Clams (Dau Tou mixure with midium and small) (S) = RM 20 (for the small plate of clam)

Item 3, 4 and 5 were the most disapointment as brief comment below;
    Steam Fish as recommended by the staff was good but it doesn't taste fresh as the flesh was rather hard and flanky texture which if it's fresh it will give the succulent texture.
    Chilli Crab, I have ask the staff whether is the crab watery today, as if the crab is watery, the crab will not be meaty, the staff assure it's not watery, as such, we order a chilli crab under small. When they serve the crab, it's one of the nmost watery crab I've ever order as the volume of meat lost account to 25%!
    Clams was such a let down as they serve frozen type as there wasn't any succulent texture but hard and powdery texture.

After yesterday ordeal, I'll not ever patronized Jade Garden again

Favorite Dish: None.

• Beaches

• neris29's Profile Photo

New Mui Tou Restaurant: Eat in comfort

by neris29 Written Sep 7, 2008

Looking for a nice clean comfortable restaurant with air conditioning at reasonable prices in Kota Tinggi? Try the New Mui Tou Restaurant at Jalan Jaafar which is just off the main road and near the hawker centre. Food is nice and the servings are generous. We had vegetables , pork ribs with basil and special sauce , hot plate beancurd, rice, tea and yummy groundnuts for 2, for only RM32. Don't worry if you can't understand or speak Chinese, they have a very classy menu with glossy pictures and English translations. Did I also mention that their toilets are clean!? Don't worry if you've run out of money, they accept credit card too.

Favorite Dish: pork ribs with basil and special sauce. It comes with with a dry kind of gravy. I've never hand something like that before but it sure is tasty.

• edelng's Profile Photo

Restaurant Public: Yummy Food

by edelng Written Sep 6, 2008

We had a very scrumptious lunch in this restaurant. We ordered red grouper fish fillet, prawns, pork ribs, veggie and soup for 6 persons. Total cost including drinks was RM129. Very reasonable for me. The ambience was a typical Chinese restaurant.

Favorite Dish: One of my favourite dish was black beer pork ribs. Highly recommended. Their prawns was also very large and fresh. The sweet and sour red grouper fish fillet was also very tasty and fresh.

The main entrance

• neris29's Profile Photo

Jade Garden Seafood: Most famous seafood restaurant

by neris29 Updated Sep 3, 2008

Jade Garden is undoubtedly the most famous seafod restaurant around Desaru. It is actually located at Sungei Rengit which is about 30km from Desaru. The restaurant walls are covered with pictures of famous people who have eaten there, which include important governement leaders from Singapore and Malaysia! It has even won a compeition organised by a Singapore TV station - Channel U. The restuarant does not serve pork but that you won't miss it because most people go there for the seafood anyway.

Favorite Dish: The 2 of us had 4 dishes, traditional beancurd, stir fried ostrich, fried kai lan and deep fried baby squid and a big bottle of beer, which came up to RM60. All the dishes were nice but I think my favourite was the beancurd, which was fried on the outside but silky soft and smooth on the inside. It also came with some vegetables and squid which were very fresh.

• Beaches

• kenari's Profile Photo

restaurant pelancong: Nice decent seafood

by kenari Written May 8, 2008

Teluk sengat is located about 30km from Desaru. situated at the higher part of the town. Cooling sea breeze blowing softly on your hair. You could smell the ocean.

Favorite Dish: The fish was soft, the squid was tasty and you could simply tell that everything was cooked with fresh ingredients

look for thats  logo

• kenari's Profile Photo

Jade restaurant: Cheap and delicious LObster

by kenari Written May 8, 2008

Drove to Sungai Rengit 30 km from desaru for seafood dinner. Went to a restaurant called Jade Garden . I give 5/5 for the food and services. Pricing is reasonable.

Favorite Dish: lobster!!!!big size lobster and smaller size lobster, price cheaper than lobster house or EDEN restaurant.home made beancurd.and fish steam nyonya style.Don't forget to grap a few packets of Prawn Fried Crackers for souveniers

We 'clean Fish Nyonya STeam ....

• Cheap & Good seafood

by AdelineChng Written Aug 7, 2006

Take a drive down south to Pengerang from Desaru beach area to savour fresh lobster, crab and shellfish. Coming from JB resident, I found that the seafood there is really cheap. My trip was a little more interesting cos' my husband and I stopped by the Ostrich farm on the way.

I prefer chinese restaurants (non-halal) to cook the seafood, more worth it than having malay food or food from the hotel. Malay food in JB is better and cleaner. Email me if you want some tips!

Favorite Dish: The lobster! really fresh and sweet flesh

Chili Crab
    • School Holidays

• ahcoln's Profile Photo

Try the food outside the hotel

by ahcoln Updated May 17, 2005

Visitors like to have their meal in the hotel, but if you have your own transport, try to eat the food outside the hotel. I assure you better taste at lower price.

Instant Answers: Kota Tinggi

Comments

Kota Tinggi Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kota Tinggi restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kota Tinggi sightseeing.