Pulau Tinggi Travel Guide

• Things to Do
    by M.E.R.V

Pulau Tinggi Things to Do

• Island hopping

If your tour operator assures you of crystal clear water and white sandy beaches, he is most certainly over-exaggerating! It wasn't really what I had expected, the water is clear but isn't Maldives-sort if you know what I mean. The beach is deserted but not exactly fantastic. Most of the corals near the resort parts of the island are dead, so this...

• Jungle Trekking

There was a path behind our room which actually leads to the waterfall hidden deep in the jungle. The trek there takes about 30-45mins depending on how fast you go. Bring a dagger or a small knife along in case a snake attacks you. I'm serious! That and also the fact that you might actually need one to cut your way through the overgrown bushes....

• Enjoying the tropical island

My friends & myself truely enjoyed our short break at Pulau Tinggi. I think you can tell judging from this photograph :)

• Water activities

There are various water activities such as canoeing, swimming, snorkelling etc. It is a good place to get a group of friends together and have a good time.

• Snorkelling

The corals near the island are not so fantastic compared to other places. Nevertheless, you can go for snorkelling and swimming.

• Jungle walk & waterfall

I remembered my friends & myself went for a jungle walk on the island to a waterfall located near the main resort.

Pulau Tinggi Nightlife

light in darkness!

by M.E.R.V Updated Apr 17, 2007

I've seen the biggest firecrackers in ma entire life and it almost burst ma eardrums! Watching is free but lighting one up yourself for the thrill will cost you between RM5 to RM 20. And not to forget, possibly your life as well...

Pulau Tinggi Transportation

• M.E.R.V's Profile Photo
    everyone needs to wear the smelly lifevest!

by M.E.R.V Updated Apr 17, 2007

The slowest ferry I've ever taken man! But this is the only way into the island. The ferry departs on a daily basis(I think, depending on demand) from Tanjong Leman jetty. It's RM40 for a return but that's normally incuded if your in a package in one of the island resorts. Slow means really slow, the day I was about to leave, it was delayed by 2 1/2hours due to bad weather.

Pulau Tinggi Warnings and Dangers

• by datukmajid Written Aug 21, 2008

I was really dissapointed with my vacation at Pulau Tinggi.

There is only one resort there, Dreamz Tinggi Island and they were
    offering all in one package that looked fun, sounded fun even smelled fun
    but it could actually bore you to death or kill you by drowning.

Either way you will end up dead.

In the beginning I was really looking foward to it but the services

provided really let me down.

Not only we were not able to do the trekking to the waterfall, but there was also

no fireflies night-trekking as promised in the package

I understand that it was dangerous to go uphill since it was raining on the 1st day

but on the 2nd day after the snorkelling, the weather was very permitting.

To make it worse, The TV was broken. So what the hell are we supposed to do then.

Since that night was the badminton olympic final, the staff(the only one there)

kindly lend us his tv which is 14" monitor which can receive poor tv1 reception only.

Luckily the final can be watched(barely). It was a short final, not even 15min,

so I thought maybe we could go and see the fireflies but the staff was not to be seen

anywhere.

Even one thing that we really managed to do, the snorkelling trip, also could have got us killed.

I did ask when we arrived at the snorkeling spot, which area for us to swim and he said

that all around the boat. But thing he failed to mentioned wa sthe strong current there

Two of my friend has been pulled away by the current and luckily my friend and I spotted

them. I tried to pull them back but since it really strong, I only managed to get them

to the nearest beach while my other friend stayed on the other side.

But this all happened unnoticed by the boatman. My friend informed me that sevral

attempt to get the boatman attention failed. When I was about to swim back through

to get to the boat, finally the boatman has noticed us and come to get us.

But just to wait in the boat, we still had to swim to the boat and at that time

we really tired and it was a miracle that we manage to do it.

The boatman really didnt want to get wet or maybe they are not paid for it.

What really pissed me off that after we had got onto the boat the boatman

said that there have been a few similar cases happened before.

Why on earth didnt they inform us earlier or monitor us closely.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Diving and Snorkeling

Pulau Tinggi What to Pack

by M.E.R.V Updated Apr 17, 2007

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Nothing formal is required cos everything is just so laid back here and there's no one to flaunt your stuff to.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Yes indeed! Bring lotsa insect repellant or whatever you can to protect yourself from the nasty flies who are bloodsuckers. I don't know what's wrong with these things but they just can't seem to stop attacking me.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Bikini's are allowed in this part of the country! Isn't that a good surprise? Hehe...

Instant Answers: Pulau Tinggi

Comments

Explore Deeper into Pulau Tinggi
Chalets & resort
Things to Do
Journey to a relaxing place
Things to Do