Pulau Langkawi Restaurants

• Jeanling's Profile Photo

Breakfast Bar: Inexpensive food but - you get what you pay for

by Jeanling Written May 15, 2013

Breakfast Bar, Langkawi

One can still enjoy lunch here despite the place being named as "Breakfast Bar". Located on the street side on the beach strech in Cenang Beach, this is a place with very reasonable price for food in Langkawi. We hand fruit platter, cheese omlette, a chicken rice set, 2 soft-boiled eggs and 2 plain water and it cost RM17.50. Quality wise, it was not as good as we expected - the rice was a bit uncooked. Hopefully this doesn't happen on other days and occasion. The restaurant is shady and there are huts in open air for guest to sit, besides tables and bar in the restaurant.

• Jeanling's Profile Photo

The Cliff Restaurant & Bar: Serenity of Splashing Waves

by Jeanling Updated May 14, 2013

Situated behind the Langkawi Underwater World, I doubt that I would notice this place if I were to pass by Pantai Cenang by myself -it is not exactly visible from the road side. Nestled just above the rocky cliff by the beach, this would be a good place to just relax and enjoy a quiet meal accompanied by the sound of splashing waves...

Drinks at the bar are reasonably priced. However, the food is a bit expensive to my budget, and it's not exactly to die for. I would recommend this place if you like to sip your margarita to the sound of the splashing waves while watching the sun set at the bar.

Favorite Dish: The drink from the bar...

• Business Travel

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Oasis Bar and Restaurant: Dining combined with an Exotic view!

by greekcypriot Updated Mar 25, 2013
    Lunch  at the Oasis

I can speak highly of the Oasis Restaurant.

The staff is amazing, and we had daily lunch and dinner the 5 days we were here.
    The cuisine is good and very cheap. Worth to give it a try!

Good service, nice people, western and Indian food.

I highly recommend it.

• Water Sports

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Sheela's: Our selection - Number One

by akkipaa Updated Feb 19, 2013

I rank this restaurant best on the area, of course we have to remember that I visited only some twelve others, but we got recommendations and heard the value of the place from other travelers too. I qualify the restaurant local, it is run by a couple (Malaysian-German) who know how to make the place worth of visiting. They are friendly and visible in the restaurant, helping with issues (normally there are none, but you might want to know more of the food, drinks or e.g. spicy levels). Malaysian-Thai I would like to say.

Main part of the restaurant is in the garden. This is of course challenging in the tropic, sometimes rain goes and come, check the weather reports in advance and stay inside if needed. We were here twice and the other evening was rainy (and when it rains it really rains here). The walls of the restaurant are covered with paintings by a German artist (I understood it was not the owner's husband.

You can find cheaper restaurants from the area, but definitely the quality-price here is very reasonable.

(And you can find westerns food made by the German part of the owner, but we were not here to eat western food)

Favorite Dish: Don't miss Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce. During our stay we ate peanut sauce many times and we fell in love to that. This restaurant served the best one and a helpful cook gave us the secret recipe, I add it later to my pages, after we have tested it.

The second secret of the place is... hmm... I can't tell, it's a secret but I give you a clue: if you would like to drink something, you have to open your mouth (of course :)

Mixed Salad 10RM
    Beer 6RM
    Red wine 8,50RM
    Gin Fizz 14RM

18:00 – 22:30p Tuesday – Sunday

We went there twice total bills 114 and 153RM.

Hungry Monkey Cafe, Turkish Delight: Turkish Cousine

by aussirose Written Nov 3, 2012

Turkish Restaurant Pentai Cenang

We were driving down the main street in Pentai Cenang looking for a place to eat as we were starving. Down the end of the street we turned right towards the Lighthouse Restaurant and on the right hand side of the road I spotted a quaint little restaurant with loads of green plants out the front that looked like a nice place to eat.

This turkish restaurant scores a big 4 1/2 stars on Trip Advisor. I don't know why, because I found the food to be a bit on the bland side. However, the ambience was nice with plenty of stuff to look at whilst dining. They had big pictures of movie stars on the walls. Anyway, had we have gone to the Taj Mahal before this restautant I would have chosen to go back to the Taj Mahal instead.

• Beer Tasting

Taj Mahal Pentai Cenang Langkawi: aussirose's favourite restaurant in Langkawi

by aussirose Updated Nov 3, 2012
    Food to die for!   Taj Mahal Restaurant Cenang

OHG! The food here is awesome!! This restaurant was definately my favourite!

The only problem was that there was too much to choose from! :o) They not only do Indian food by Arabic so there were 2 menus. If I had a big enough stomache I would have tried everything haha :o) I am drooling right now just remembering this place. Plus the service was fast and excellant. And the Tiger beer went down well also.

It's a shame that it only receives a 3 1/2 star rating on Trip Advisor, but the reviews are all good. So you won't go wrong by eating here. I totally recommend it! You can tell because I was too busy eating to take many photos haha.

• Beer Tasting

• aussirose's Profile Photo

The Orkid Ria - Pentai Cenang: Fresh Seafood Lovers Paradise!

by aussirose Written Nov 3, 2012

aussirose eats Lobster at Orkid Ria Pentai Cenang

You can't miss this restaurant as it is in the main shopping street of Pentai Cenang and is the one with the most people in and a huge fish tank out the front with a ton of Cray Fish (Lobster).
    This one was hubby's favourite so we went back again. The owner recognised us and showed us to his best table. Why? Well because last time we were here hubby picked the largest Lobster out of the tank and it ended up costing us $80AUS!! Sheesh!! But it was good :o)
    2nd time we ate prawns and they were huge too! The only thing I wasn't too fussed with is that the food is heavily sauced which detracts from the real taste.
    Anyway, check out the reviews on Trip Advisor on the link below as this restaurant also scores the big 4 out of 5.

• Wine Tasting

The Lighthouse Restaurant Langkawi: Beach Restaurant Cenang

by aussirose Updated Nov 3, 2012
    The Lighthouse Restaurant on the beach Langkawi

I had added this restaurant to my Trip Planner here on vt so I knew about it before we arrived. Trip Advisor gives this restaurant a 4 out of 5. The reviews are pretty accurate. If you want to eat at a place that is right on the beach, then this restaurant is the place to go. We were lucky that when we had lunch here, we were the only ones so it was nice and quiet and relaxing. It was young Jesse's birthday and we had given him the choice of gokart racing or parasailing. Jesse still wasn't sure, but after watching a few people parasailing and landing right in front of the restaurant, Jesse decided to have a go. So hubby and I enjoyed our after lunch wine in between Jesse's take off and landing. Anyway, the food was fresh and tasty and serviced with a smile. The restaurant itself could do with some money spent on it as it was looking a bit old and tired and I am sure that would be a turn off for a lot of patronage. But on the whole, I would go back.

Seashell Beach Restaurant Mutiara Bay Resort: Right on the beach

by aussirose Updated Oct 7, 2012

Seashell Beach Restaurant Mutiara Bay Resort

After sightseeing every day and driving around the Island, we looked forward to winding down at the beach bar with a Happy Hour Coctail or two and then dining at Seashell Restaurant right on the beach.

They had a wide variety of food and you couldn't complain as it was cooked well and was very satisfying. But the thing that made this restaurant stand out was the resident band. They were awesome! :o)

Jesse had his birthday and the restaurant put on a surprise cake and presentation with all of the staff and band following eachother right up to where young Jesse was seated at our table. He did not know it was for him until they were standing right there with a huge sword to cut the cake lol. Everyone in the whole restaurant were clapping in time to the music :o) It was very special.

Cudos to the wonderful staff who arranged this at the last minute!! :o)

• sdq's Profile Photo

BEACH RESTAURANT.: FRESH SEA FOOD AND FINE ASIAN DISHES !

by sdq Written Jul 2, 2012

Nice Coffee in which I poured some nuts.

Some fine sea food specially the fishes and also good Asian food with a good beach view friendly staff and a neat clean restaurant. The best thing is it's location.

Favorite Dish: Fishes as they were very fresh and made from a fine chief, at least I'll recommend it.

• Music
    • Beaches

• Zsash's Profile Photo

Ramadam markets: Follow your nose & the locals

by Zsash Written May 3, 2011

Friends & family. This is a local market leave the strappy dresses at the hotel. Enjoy local cuisine at local prices select from everything from coconut salads to fish sate, stallholders happy to devulge secret recipes! It is quite busy so grab a few dishes & head for a secluded beach enjoy your takeaway.

Favorite Dish: Snake bean & coconut salad. Got the recipe not telling anybody! Mackeral sate with dipping sauce. My partner could not walk past the chicken satays on lemongrass skewers with sauce 10 for 5rmb who could.

• Flipboy's Profile Photo

Barn Thai: Mangrove Restaurant

by Flipboy Updated Apr 4, 2011

NO THAI ON THE RESTAURANT THEME SELECTION?!?!?!

This place was nicely situated inside the mangrove forest, down a long boardwalk (450 meters wooden walkway). The food was very nice and service was good too. The place is very much like the name given, a barn in the forest that serves Thai food. Though the place is quite damp and a little smelly, it is a romantic place for an evening meal.

• Eco-Tourism

• kishore7's Profile Photo

Barn Thai: Mangrove Swamp and Romance

by kishore7 Updated Apr 4, 2011

As the name suggests, Barn Thai is a lovely restaurant serving Thai food located 500m into a mangroove forest/swamp. The restaurant is built on stilts and you can either drive there or take the package tour that brings you there for lunch on boat. It has a nice romantic setting for dinner, they are very environmentally concious and the food is good. It is a bit pricey but well worth it !

Favorite Dish: Green curry, Seafood tomyam

• mizzzthanggg's Profile Photo

Barn Thai Langkawi: Dining In The Mangroves

by mizzzthanggg Updated Apr 4, 2011

walkway through the mangroves, barn thai

Set deep within the mangroves of Langkawi, the restaurant is accessible only by a 450 metre wooden walkway with gazebos and seats along the walkway for photo opps or to observe the natural wonders and wildlife. You can also take a tour through the mangroves by boat.

Great ambience, very romantic and mysterious. At low tide, the roots of the trees are exposed and sometimes they resemble those tree-like Ent characters out of Lord of The Rings!

Favorite Dish: Admittedly, the food is just okay, not brilliant. But the setting is great.

I don't recommend the Seafood & Glassnoodle Salad but I had some prawn rolls which were quite nice.

• Eco-Tourism

• catkin's Profile Photo

Barn Thai: The restaurant in the Mangrove

by catkin Updated Apr 4, 2011

Barn Thai

This is a totally unique restaurant in the middle of a Mangrove swamp.
    We arrived at this restaurant by boat but if you arrive by road you have to be prepared for the 400 metre walk though the Mangrove swamp. On your way to the restaurant you can stop to look at the mangrove wildlife and birds. Being in the mangrove swamp you are likely to be plagued with the many mosquitos which buzz annoyingly around, but a good mosi spray should help.
    The restaurant itself is lofty and built mainly from teak wood so teaditionally Thai.
    If you visit in the evenings you may be entertained with jazz music.

Favorite Dish: Although we had a set lunch on our particular tour-we did have an additional Thai green chicken curry-wonderful!!

Instant Answers: Pulau Langkawi

Comments

Pulau Langkawi Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pulau Langkawi restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pulau Langkawi sightseeing.

View all Pulau Langkawi hotels