Pulau Langkawi Things to Do

• Things to Do
    by AngMimi
    Mankiller - Piranhas and Mimi :-)))
    Marmoset

Most Recent Things to Do in Pulau Langkawi

Dataran Lang, Kuah City

by utchie Written Sep 4, 2012

Most tourist does not take the time to visit Dataran Lang as it is quite far from the beach. Lucky for us we ran out of beachfront hotel for the first nights so we stayed in Citin Hotel in Kuah which gave us the time to visit Dataran Lang. And i am glad we did - this place, although on top of things to do in Langkawi - is a hidden treasure!

From Cenang Area, cab is around 30minutes drive and costs around 25RM.

Ask the driver to drop you off Dataran Lang and walk your way around - going on the way to Langkawi Fair - the park is very wide and if you dont walk around, you will not see them.

Langkawi Fair has many restaurants and shops and its a nice place to end your Dataran Lang tour.

I will just post some of my favorite photos from this place and leave the surprises for your exploring. :)

Island Hopping

by utchie Written Sep 4, 2012

Island hopping has three to four stops, depending on the package you get. There is usually two trips, 9AM and 2PM. The trip last for three hours.

Stops are: Pregnant Maiden Lake, Eagle Feeding and Basah beach,

We went with Ashtar Tours for island hopping - only 25RM - the cheapest we saw. Ashtar tours is right beside AB Motel in Pantai Cenang.

The tour is great, dont get me wrong. But I would recommend that you prioritize Mangrove tour, Dataran Lang (in Kuah town), and the cable car trip first. The Mangrove tours will take you to good lakes, also has eagle feeding and you can always spend your time in Cenang/Tengah beaches.

Mangrove Tour

by utchie Updated Sep 4, 2012

A must do in Langkawi. :)

Mangrove tours usually starts at 9AM - and last until 3PM. Try to book in advance - the tour gets fully booked fast as it only has one tour per day (island hopping has 9AM and 2PM).

Our tour includes -
    Monkey Feeding, Eagle Feeding, Crocodile Cave, Bat Cave, Fish Farm, Lunch and a dip in Tanjung beach (if allowed - when we went there was unexpected arrival of jellyfish, thus we only got to enjoy the nice view).

As said in my Langkawi travel page, if you have limited time in Langkawi - do this instead of the island hopping (most tourist prefer the island hopping thinking mangrove and rivers are boring).

We went with Pro Link Tours - the mangrove tour they offer is more expensive than the offer in Ashtar, but my friend who went with Ashtar told me that they had less stops and just sight seeings. Our tour was led by a very experiences guide and so we learned so many things about the mangrove, eagles, bats, monkeys and a lot more. So paying more was actually worth it. However, it is cheaper compared to other packages - so over all we are very happy.

Pro Link Tours is near Sandy Beach Resort.

• Eco-Tourism
    • National/State Park
    • Birdwatching

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Kuah Night market - Pasar Malam

by akkipaa Written Aug 13, 2012

If you love food, this is definitely right place to you. You can find night market from different place during five nights. Saturday and Wednesday market is in Kuah. The other places are Kedawang, Ulu Melaka, Air Hangat ana Padag Matsirat. Check the time table where might be changes occasionally.

The food is really something. You can skip next days lunch with taking a selection of different peaces. My favorite is Chicken Satay and there are tens of barbecues to select. Take from all, it is good.

From 7:00pm to 11:00pm.

Quaint fishing village at Kuala Keriang Langkawi

by aussirose Updated Aug 11, 2012

Quaint fishing village at Kuala Keriang Langkawi

We had passed this quaint fishing village a number of times on our way into town in the car. Finally I conned hubby into stopping so that we could have a wander. It is always nice to see how the other half lives.

I am glad that there was no one around as I don't like to look like we are intruding.

Anyway, these guys are certainly very lucky living so close to the beach and having fresh seafood on their doorstep. There was also a restaurant that would have been nice to visit.....but unfortunately you can't do everything. The restaurant has a good write up on Trip Advisor - check out the link below.

Ahhh well..... next time..... :o)

Rice Museum - Pulau Langkawi

Rice Museum - Pulau Langkawi

We were on our way back to town and right near Cenang. We hung a left towards the main street and were pleasently surprised to see a nice rice field and a couple of water buffalo.

This would make a nice pic so hubby pulled up and we hopped out to take some photos.

I realised after that this is the Rice Museum. It has quite a good write up on Trip Advisor. It's amazing that how much research you do before a trip, there is always something you miss.

Anyway, pictures will have to do this time. Next time we will be sure to stick this on our itinery :o)

Air Hangat Village Hot Springs - Langkawi

Air Hangat Village Hot Springs by aussirose

Air Hangat Village Hot Springs is worth a quick pit stop. Located up the top of Pulau Langkawi near the Durian Perangin Waterfalls the Hot Springs are free to have a look. The spring water is supposed to have healing properties so we sat down and gave our feet a good soak. There was another family there at the same time and we enjoyed each other's company :o) Hubby went for a small walk on the pebbles that massage your feet....it looked painful :o)

Anyway there is a big reflexology sign that says what part of the foot affects different organs in your body which was quite interesting. There are also some quaint gift shops.

We took the opportunity to buy a can of coke each and sit down at the table and chairs to rest and enjoy the view.

• Eco-Tourism

Galeria Perdana Museum - Pulau Langkawi

Galeria Perdana Museum Langkawi by aussirose

I am not a real museum person but I found this place amazing!

Galeria Perdana Museum is located up the top end of Pulau Langkawi at Air Hangat and close to the Durian Perangin Waterfalls and the Hot Springs. We had a bit of time to kill before heading back for dinner so we thought we would stop for a look.

I am glad we did because the Museum is cheap, you pay an extra 2 ringgit to take pictures and there is an amazing amount of interesting stuff to look at. The Museum is basically a collection of gifts given to the former Prime Minister and what a collection!! There was fine china, art, crystal, guns, model planes and even a display of cars! It was quite impressive and definately well worth a look.

• Museum Visits

Secluded beaches - Pulau Langkawi

Tengkorak Beach Langkawi by aussirose

I love to have a beach all to myself, don't you? :o) Pulau Langkawi has many gorgeous secluded beaches. It even has unnamned beaches.

During our drive up the top end of Pulau Langkawi we came across a lovely little beach that I found out later is called Tengkorak Beach. What a beautiful, picturesque spot. Have a squiz at my travelogue.

This was where we met a family of monkeys who came down out of the scrub and onto the beach to say hello. This was certainly a hilight of our trip and a great memory.

If you get a chance, hire a car and check this place out :o)

Durian Perangin Waterfalls - Pulau Langkawi

by aussirose Updated Aug 11, 2012

Durian Perangin Waterfalls - Pulau Langkawi

Hiring a car was a brilliant idea. This enabled us to sightsee at our pleasure. We found quite a few interesting things to do up the top end of Pulau Langkawi. The next few tips are about these things.

I was looking forward to taking some nice milky water shots with my new Canon 60D camera and what better place than a waterfall. Durian Perangin Waterfalls was a great choice because it is not far from the car park so not much hiking involved and has 14 tiers that flow down the mountain therefore plenty of spots for some great shots.

Also the pathway is nice an easy to walk along and there are plenty of seats along the way and most in nice little cabanas that are lovely and shady. I loved the tropical plants and the sound of flowing water......very peaceful.

This place should definately be on your must see list.

Check out my travelogue for the full story :o)

• Jungle and Rain Forest

Sunset Cruise with Crystal Yacht Cruises

Sunset Cruise Langkawi by aussirose

When hubby asked me what I wanted to do in Langkawi, a Sunset Cruise was at the top of my list. So this was one of the first things we booked. Walking along the main street of Cenang we found a travel agent called Dayang Biru Travel Corp next door to the Orkid Ria Seafood Restaurant and booked it there. Turned out cheaper than booking it at our accommodation so this was a good move. Included in the price was pick up and return from our accommodation.

As with the snorkling trip we were not sure if the weather was going to be good for our sunset cruise, so we just booked and crossed our fingers :o)

Turns out that it didn't rain and we even got a glimpse of the sun going down which was nice. Anyway, this company has a few different boats and ours was the catamaran. Cruising past the majestic islands was nice and then the crew got the netting out for the salt water jaccuzi which was awesome. Food was lovely, freshly cooked seafood and yummy salads. And the crew were attentative and funny. Drinks were included in the price and flowed freely....in fact we were all a little tiddly by the end of the trip :o)

I totally recommend this trip.

Check out my travelogue for the full story :o)

Snorkling at Pulau Payar

by aussirose Written Aug 4, 2012

Pulau Langkawi day trip snorkling Pulau Payar

If you don't know already, you are about to. The Islands surrounding Malaysia have some of the best tropical coral reefs for snorkling and diving in the world. We know because we thoroughly enjoyed our snorkling and my first dive at Pulau Tioman on the eastern side of Malaysia a couple of years back. So this time we jumped at the chance to do some more snorkling again amongst the lovely tropical fish and coral.

All I can say is that I was dissapointed. Please check my travelogue for the full story. I was not really impressed with sitting in the bottom of a boat full of diesel fumes for over an hour there and back, the food included was not really that palatable and the place was overcrowded.

If you want to do this then Pulau Tioman is the place not Pulau Payer. I think we should have done the island hopping instead.

• Diving and Snorkeling

Parasailing near the Lighthouse Restaurant Cenang

by aussirose Written Aug 4, 2012

aussirose and Jesse recommend Parasailing Langkawi

Langkawi has loads of activities and things to see. Everyone does the usual stuff like the cable car, the duck tour, island hopping and mangrove tours. We did different stuff so check out my tips if you want to know what else you can do on Langkawi :o)

If you are up for it, why not try parasailing? It is reasonably cheap and most enjoyable - so our son Jesse said :o) They take you up from the beach and you land on the beach. Check out my travelogue for the full story :o)

• Water Sports

• sdq's Profile Photo

Beach Activities.

by sdq Written Jul 2, 2012

Scuba Diving at the Paulu Payar Island.

There is a lot of beach activities to do in Langkawi for example Football, Beach Volley Ball, Jet Ski, Para Gliding, Surfing, Snorkelling, kayaks, bat caves watching, hiking in the mangroves and in the forest, fishing, luxury boat rides etc.

• Hiking and Walking

• Nenocovic's Profile Photo

Taman Lagenda Theme Park

by Nenocovic Written Sep 23, 2011

This is a scenic park with beautifully landscaped gardens and there are also four artificial lakes and a man-made beach. Park has 17 monuments inspired by local legend and history. It is located near the Kuah Jetty Point and Eagle Square, entrance is free.

• Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Pulau Langkawi

Comments

Pulau Langkawi Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Pulau Langkawi things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pulau Langkawi sightseeing.

View all Pulau Langkawi hotels