Sungai Petani Restaurants

Dunkin Yew Char Kuih
    80cent a piece
    by AngMimi
    ok, cut the dough into long pcs

Best Rated Restaurants in Sungai Petani

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

Bright Hotel: Sar Hor Fan, Mee Hailam etc...

by AngMimi Written Dec 12, 2011

The Sar Hor Fun I liked!!

Some of my favourite noodles in the town. Sar Hor Fun (Fried Big Flat noodles in gravy), a must have at least once every weekend when Im back home. Have to wait at least half an hour for the noodles to cook and serve.. but I dont compliant much cos the owner always give us extra fish meat and prawns in our noodles, for being regular customers..hehehe..

Ooops..You caught me taking your pictures (oh dear, its so embarrasing) Silly jokes from me again - Auntie, your hair looks nice so I have to take your picture, hope you dont mind)
    Mr Rajah came to me and asked - Why are you not taking my pictures?? oops again.. Ok Mr Rajah - One Two Tree --- Smile!!!

Favorite Dish: A lot of food you can find in this resturant - Satay, Sar Hor Fun, Fried Flat Noodles, Rajah's No Pork Noodles and Roti Bakar & Roti Canai, Grill fish and sotong.. All are so yummy!!

Jalan Dewa: Cendol Sedap

by AngMimi Updated Sep 21, 2011

What is so special? It must be special cos its the best Cendol in town, see the customers all standing waiting for their orders and while some are already enjoy slurping the cendol.. and I need to "Q" to buy 3 packets of cendol to take home...This cendol stall has been around for years since I was small, and now the cendol business has taken over by the owner's children.

Cendol are make of green bean flour mixed with screwpine leaf juice and water, and served with coconut milk, red bean, brown sugar syrup and ice shaven.. Yummy... Anyone want the recipe, please ask..

In SP town: Yew Char Kuih

by AngMimi Written Mar 9, 2013

Dunkin Yew Char Kuih

My favourite kuih for breakfast called Yew Char Kuih in Hokkien, or you may call it youtiao in mandarin or you ja gwai in cantonese. You can find them in the market or coffeshops. I used to buy them for my late papa, he seems to like them a lot and me too. Sometimes, I bought extra to have them in my congee. There are a few stalls you can find in SP town. In the morning, UTC market, Jalan Dewa back lane, and Bakar Arang. In the afternoon - behind econsave and SP food court. You have go early because it finish very fast.

Ah Ngau Wantan mee: Best WanTan Mee in town

by AngMimi Updated Mar 10, 2013

Yummy..

What so special of this Wantan Mee? I don't know, everywhere tasted the same to me but you be surprised to see a lot of customers waiting to eat Ah Ngau Wantan Mee, you placed order and take a number. Sometimes, I have to wait for 20-30 customers before I get to eat.

Favorite Dish: Wantan mee is usually served with slices of char siew, meat wantan, choy sum and some fried pork lard and black sauce. I preferred mine in dry version and served with pickled green chillies.

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

Kuan Ah Kopitiam: Char Kuey Teow (Fried Flat Noodles)

by AngMimi Written Dec 12, 2011

Char Kuey Teow is basically flat rice noodles stir-fried with big shrimp, fresh cockles (see ham), Chinese sausage (Lap Cheong), eggs, bean sprouts, and chinese chives in a mix of black soy sauce. A great serving of Char Kuey Teow is flavored not only with the freshest ingredients, but equally important is the charred aroma from stir-frying the noodles over very high charcoal fire in a Chinese black wok. Yummy!!

A plate : RM$3.50

Instant Answers: Sungai Petani

Comments

Sungai Petani Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sungai Petani restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sungai Petani sightseeing.

View all Sungai Petani hotels