Kota Baharu Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Kota Baharu

• danachow's Profile Photo

Friday is THE OFF DAY -- No food, no shopping...

by danachow Written Aug 28, 2007

Favorite thing: If you are like us, hanging around KB on a Friday afternoon, you will find yourself hungry after founding for food around the whole town. THIS IS TRUE! 90% of the shops in KB is closed on Friday, perhaps for prayer or so. Even the Chinese restaurant close too.

Fondest memory: The only way to get something decent to eat, for us at least, was this Kebun Sultan Hawker Center. Lucky can find food here, otherwise must've died famine. Heh...

Loads of people eat the dim sum in the afternoon, looks a bit like a steamed sushi stuffed with fish meat. It taste alright. They have the indian food stalls here too, nothing too special. Other stalls include Cantonese fried noodles, Fish Ball Noodles, mixed rice, chee cheong fun. Take your pick

• muddybok's Profile Photo

Nice Kelantan Scenery

by muddybok Updated Dec 16, 2005

Padi Field

Favorite thing: State of Kelantan & Kedah are quite similar in many ways like the padi fields, bordering & gateway to Thailand. If you want to relate the political influence, they are under the same governing party as well.

You may ask what about the cow. Well, nothing really special about this cow. This picture was taken on my first self-organised, multi-destinations road trip that really open my eyes. This caused me to hook on traveling whenever I manage to steal time.

Since Mark & I were on bikes, we can easily stop by road side without causing traffic jam and we can stop whenever we want. So, this cow is the result of those unscheduled stops.

You may browse my other tips in this page. They are not related to this bike trip, but the urge of finding more about Kelantan is definitely caused by my first bike trip here.

I noticed most people don’t follow the trip because too complicated with too many URL links. To make it simpler, the next few destinations will be summarized in Jeli page.

• Photography

• Designerartgirl's Profile Photo

Cover up!

by Designerartgirl Written Mar 4, 2005

Favorite thing: Kelantan is one of the most conservative of states in malaysia and so in order to show some respect to the people, coving up to at least elbows and knees would be highly appreciated.

If not, men will leer at you, and service might not be as good as it would be should you show them respect as well. They will however not be impolite to you.

• dabuwan's Profile Photo

Rain, rain, rain..

by dabuwan Updated Mar 10, 2003

Street scene with pouring rain

Fondest memory: It rained hard during 40 of the 48 hours I spent in Kota Bharu town. And it was not the rainy season...
    So I spent most of the time at the covered market or at my guest house; good occasion to take a cool rest after 3 weeks in Thailand and before continuing through Malaysia to Singapore and Sumatra.

Instant Answers: Kota Baharu

Comments

Kota Baharu Favorites

Reviews and photos of Kota Baharu favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kota Baharu sightseeing.