Know about this? Rate It!
The Portuegese Settlement
Visit the Portuegese Settlement, inhabited by descendants of the Portuegese who colonised Malacca (as Melaka used to be called) centuries ago. They hardly look Portuegese anymore but retain many unique cultural traits and have surnames like Sta Maria and speak a very old Spanish language derivative (I believe!) called Kristang. The settlement is one of the few remaining places in the world where it is spoken.
Medan Portugis a.k.a Portuguese Square
The place where Eurasian [Portuguese colonists] live. There are so many seafood stalls and cool for hang-out during weekend, since situated to the seafront. To reach there, take a route to St. John's Hill and Anjung Batu.
- Road Trip
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Melaka Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Harden Flat Hotels
- Kiryas Joel Hotels
- Pennsylvania Hotels
- Ocean Lakes Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path