Know about this? Rate It!
The White Staute at St Paul's Church
Ever noticed a white statue near St Paul's church in Melaka, Malaysia? Before you think this is the patron saint of the church, let me just say that it's actually the greatest Christian figure in Asia - St Francis Xavier. He died years ago while waiting to enter China but was temporarily buried in Melaka. When it was exhumed to be taken to Goa, it was found to be incorrutible! The Pope canonized Francis in 1622, but only upon the condition that Francis' right arm be brought to Rome. Legend recalled that when the arm was severed, fresh blood flowed out . Years later in Melaka , a marble statue was erected in honour of the saint but its arm went missing in the 1980's. Guess which arm was it?
St Paul's Church, High up on a hill above Chirstchurch
- Budget Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Melaka Travel Guide
Explore the World
- New York State Hotels
- Utan Hotels
- Nepal Hotels
- Airlie Beach
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path