Pulau Tioman Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Pulau Tioman

• Carino's Profile Photo

Salang Pusaka Restaurant: Salang Pusaka Restaurant

by Carino Written Mar 21, 2009

When you are doing a Tour and Salang is one of the stops, they would always point you to the same restaurant. We decided to walk for less than 5 minutes and find another, less crappy, restaurant. We stopped at Salang Pusaka Restaurant and decided to settle there. The waiting time was rather long, but the food was worth waiting.

Favorite Dish: My wife had a Seafood Soup which was not that special apparently (RM 10), while I went for the Tioman Bee Hoon (RM 7.50) which was an excellent choice.

• artery's Profile Photo

Nazri's Cafe: Cafe with good ambience

by artery Updated Jul 21, 2008

Nazri's Cafe

- The cafe is set at the beach and with views overlooking the sea and great sunset.
    - Internally, the cafe has decorations and nice, clean tables
    - The food is alright but nothing to shout about.
    - Prices are average, expected from a tourist attraction.

• School Holidays

• bnanno's Profile Photo

Mandi-Mandi Restaurant, Japamala: The most romantic setting ever

by bnanno Updated Apr 7, 2008

Incredibly fresh and flavourful fish and seafood, cooked to perfection, night barbecue, and an assortment of Italian dishes at all times (the owner is Malaysian of Italian origin). excellent Italian espresso coffee!
    It can be expensive, if you go for the seafood and fish and wine, or reasonable, if you stick to fruit juices, pizzas and salads.

Favorite Dish: Barbecued lobster, king prawns, watermelon juice.

• Spa and Resort

• bnanno's Profile Photo

Tamarind Terrace: various south asian cuisines

by bnanno Written Feb 28, 2008

A delicious selection of dishes from around indo-china, mostly Thai, carefully prepared and beautifully presented. Didn't stay long enough to try them all. Also does the breakfast included in the room price.

Favorite Dish: Grilled squid, prawn and green mango salad, everything we tried really...

• Beaches
    • Luxury Travel

• Saagar's Profile Photo

Paya Beach Resort: Not my style, but OK food

by Saagar Written Jan 11, 2008
    Paya Beach (not the resport)

Went over to Paya Beach a few times and had a couple of lunches and snacks there. The menues were extensive, the prices upmarket and there was an international twist to most things. Groups of visitors to the resort make their definite presence, and as such the restaurant is very much an in-house place. Staff is used to blank foreigners, so the menu is well illustrated.
    I'd prefer a more "local" place, but I enjoyed dropping by.

Favorite Dish: Sampled snacks, like deep fried prawns, chilly shrimps etc.
    Good place for "risk foods", like ice cream etc. Had a great banana split (RM10) and Coffee Latte (RM14) that I remember well.

• Beaches

• Kriesta's Profile Photo

Salang Dreams Restaurant: Great service & good food

by Kriesta Updated Jun 29, 2007

Half portion of fat chicken for dinner

This restaurant provides very good service and they serve good local and international cuisine. Not only that, but the food is delicious. Every night, they grill 8-10 fat chickens....As big as you've ever seen them ....They serve half a chicken at only RM18 with salad and potato on the side. One important thing, you have to book early. Dinner usually starts at 6.45pm..so you have to book it very early. My bf and i arrived late for dinner and it was fully booked. My bf had to persuade them to give us half. In the end, they relented. Eventho we had to wait for 1 1/2hrs (we were not going anywhere on the island, so we didnt mind the wait. That way we just drank more beer...but it was well worth the wait :D)

• Sri Nelayan Coffee House @ Berjaya Tioman: Buffet Breakfast/Dinner

by uhduhhuh Written Jun 25, 2007

Nice setting, near the poolside BUT expensive as compared to other restaurants along tekek village outside of Berjaya.
    Buffet Breakfast was quoted @ RM36.
    Buffet Dinner was quoted @ RM59.

Favorite Dish: I guess the variety of food in a supposedly 5 star resort sort of justify the prices of the buffet but Me & my pals ventured out of Berjaya (tekek village) for all our meals at a much cheaper cost as we did not fancy buffets.

• Spa and Resort

• Delima Tom Yam Seafood restaurant: Simple yet delicious fare

by uhduhhuh Written Jun 25, 2007

If cheap, simple food is what you are looking for...this is the place! Helpers in the restaurant were all smiles . Flies & cats are aplenty tho' (One even landed on our 1/4 eaten plate of chicken).
    The restaurant was just near the guard house at the main entrance of Berjaya Tioman Resorts.

Favorite Dish: Tomyam seafood Soup was slurping good!!! & Omelette was well fried... i would say simple dishes.
    We had other dishes like Vegetables & Chicken to go alongside & our lunch came up to only RM30 for the 4 of us.

• Babura Sea View Restaurant: Best Food on Tekek Village!!

by uhduhhuh Updated Jun 25, 2007
    Food Galore!

Me & my pals stayed @ Berjaya tioman. With the food prices EXORBITANT (by our standards) we decided to have all our meals out of Berjaya. With the good food, nice chatty waiter, sea front location, we ended up having our dinner there for both nights that we were on the island.
    Babura restaurant provides a 2 way transfer for guest patronizing the restaurant. U can enquire with your resort's reception.
    I must also add that there were lesser annoying flies in that restaurant as compared to the others.
    Think! Beer to go with excellent food whilst enjoying the sea breeze. Total Bliss!

Favorite Dish: We lurveee almost everything we ordered.... Steam Fish Thai Style RM40 (Spicy-Assam), Black Pepper crab RM 15 (taste mediocre to me but my pals loved it), Sizzling Hot Plate beancurd, Omelette RM 8, Cereal Prawn, Cereal Squid, seafood soup. Total Damage was RM110 for 4 Staving Ladies.

• xuessium's Profile Photo

Restaurant Liza: Tekek: Local fare beyond the gates of the resort

by xuessium Updated Apr 15, 2007

RestaurantLiza

Kampong Tekek is about 10 minutes drive/20 minutes walk from Berjaya Tioman Resort and this is just one of many local eateries lining the road all the way to the jetty and the airport.

Me & my group did a quick exploration of the nonplus village and as our stomachs were growling, we settled for this restaurant as it was still opened amidst the Islamic midday call to prayer.

The place looked airy, but tried and dusty. I touched the menu and a sticky layer of grime met my fingers. Rustic would be the nicest way to put it, shall I say......don't expect Michellin Stars.

Favorite Dish: I had a simply Bihun Goreng Pedas (Spicy Stir-fried Rice Vermicelli) which surprisingly turned out tasty and well done though serving was rather small for a MYR4 plate.

The MYR1 coffee? Turned out to be a satchet of coffee in hot water and then blasted with condensed milk. Sigh.

For its price, I guess I have to be satisfied!

• Fudge's Profile Photo

South Pacific Chalets & Restaurant: Informed Restauranteur With a Sense of Humour

by Fudge Written Apr 4, 2007

Nadia andTim chatting with Haji Mohamad

we totally enjoyed eating here, as the food was good (everything we ordered was nice) mainly the seafood as it's fresh catch everyday.

We sat in the outdoors side under a pagoda like shelter.
    The restaurant owner Haji Mohamad joined us intrigued by our multi-ethnic mix.
    [Tim is Chinese, Nadia an Arab, Alzarina a Malay-English mix & me, a Pakistani]
    We had also walked on the entire ABC (Air Batang chalets) strip and found the other places either too noisy (with loud music) or smthg like alcohol being consumed - which neither Al nor I had a preference to patronise.

Haji Mohamad turned out to be a good story teller and we were intrigued he shared so candidly about being in the Opposition Party and what they were not allowed to do etc. Sigh.

Favorite Dish: umm, I liked the Garoupa, which was cooked in a ginger and black pepper base.
    The chicken was also nice...

and we had ordered a clear vegetable soup.

There was also cockles, clams and other seafood as well

• mansionion's Profile Photo

Delima Tom Yam Seafood restaurant: Tom Yam and more

by mansionion Updated Jun 15, 2006

Menu - Delima Tomyam Seafood

Delima Tom Yam Seafood restaurant is a decent restaurant that caters to both tourist and staff of Berjaya Tioman Beach, Golf & Spa Resort. Hence, the price of food here is quite reasonable without sacrifing the taste and quality of food served.

The restaurant specialised in Tom Yam and Seafood meals, I would say the food is quite good since I ended up having my dinner twice here during my stay in Tioman.

• mansionion's Profile Photo

Barbura Cafe: Local meals and more

by mansionion Updated Jun 15, 2006

Delicious meals

I was introduced to Babura Cafe by a van driver on a rainy day - was stranded on my way to do jungle treking and ended up taking a van and was sent to this cafe for meal instead. Since the cafe was recommended to me by the local van driver, I guess it must be good and yes, it did not dissappoint me.

Babura Cafe is adjacent to the Babura Resort but it is open to all - it even provide transfer for those staying elsewhere to come and dine at the cafe. The cafe offers locals and western meals to its diners. It's international menu includes that of Malay, Chinese, Thai and western style dishes . I had a Chinese style noodle with a cup of hot coffee - just nice to enjoy on a rainy afternoon.

• kelnsha's Profile Photo

Berjaya Fortune Court Restaurant: Don't try unless you are dead hungry!

by kelnsha Written May 13, 2006

Berjaya Fortune Court Restaurant

This is the only air-conditioned restaurant in Berjaya Beach Resort but if you have a choice, don't ever try because the service and food was not up to our standard. The food prices are expensive. We had no choice because we were dead hungry and other nearby restaurants were packed due to Labour day weekend. The ambience was alright. Not many guests patronised. May be because of the prices and the food.

Favorite Dish: The only dish we liked was the fried noodles and nothing else.

• Seniors
    • Luxury Travel

• singaporecherry's Profile Photo

small push cart selling burger

by singaporecherry Written May 12, 2006

There are many small push cart selling burger along the walkway. Must try it at least once. Its wonderful. Their taste is so much different from those I can find in my country Singapore. I ordered a chicken with cheese burger at RM4. There are many types of favour, you can choice one that suit you.

Instant Answers: Pulau Tioman

Comments

Pulau Tioman Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pulau Tioman restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pulau Tioman sightseeing.