Paya Beach, Pulau Tioman

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Have a Spa Treatment

by aussirose Updated Sep 12, 2010

Paya Beach Resort Spa

The Paya Beach Resort has it's own Spa for lovely massages, body wraps, facials and hair treatments etc.

My friend Paula had two treatments, a facial and a body wrap. She totally recommends the place.

• Spa and Resort

• yann.ng's Profile Photo

Star gazing

by yann.ng Written Apr 8, 2008

On my first trip to Tioman, we arrived at the Paya beach jetty at around 3am in the morning. In the direction I was walking towards the beach from the jetty, the sky was clear. However i was stunned by the starriest sky I have ever seen when I turned around to check on how my dive companions are doing behind me.

For the first time in my life, I saw for myself how the world is really round by the concave stars formation in the sky. It was a breathtaking view..

• xuessium's Profile Photo

Paya: The jungle trail and the mini "waterfall"

by xuessium Updated Jul 17, 2005

Paya's

There is a jungle trail behind the beach and the shophouses lining the beach front. It was a good trek as you follow the river "inland". Once you leave the beach and enter the jungle, it becomes very quiet except for the flow of the river and the rustling of leaves. We were hunting for this waterfall marked on our map. I just want to tell folks that you would be disappointed with it. In reality, it is more of the river water flowing over big boulders on a gentle slope. "Waterfall" indeed! (I still remembered that we were quite incredulous when we finally found it!)

• Jungle and Rain Forest

Paya beach at low tide

PayaBeach(LowTide)

The beach at low tide brought a totally different look as the retreating tide exposed many rocks and crevices that you do not get to see at normal sea level. It was a great time for photography as the many weird shapes made for great patterns, especially in the early morning when the sun is very low in the sky and the light is less harsh.

Paya: Hitting the beach!

PayaBeach

Paya beach is not quite the best beach in the world. A little coarse at places and definitely not white, but more of a brownish hue. But if you are at Paya, this is what you will have to contend with!

I like the rickety pier better. I spent a good afternoon here, with a local burger in hand, sitting at the pier, with fishes swarming around in the emerald water below me, a cool breeze blowing, a panorama of the village in front of me and chatting with my friends. This was the highlight of my trip.

Paya: Have a good look at Gunung Kajang

GunungKajang

Gunung Kajang is a mountain ("Gunung" meaning mountain in Malay) behind the village of Paya. There is no way you can ignore its presence.

• Spa and Resort