Gula Travel Guide

Gula Things to Do

• Krabby Crab

Krabby Crab said "LEAVE ME ALONE" Okok..I go..Crabs can be found at Mangrove swamp forest, where the mudflat is rich with minute organisms and planktons (whatever). Catching crabs can be a source of income to fishermen at Kuala Gula.Some species of crab can be kept in cages. Soft shell crabs are also kept in cages, with new technique of producing...

• Look Ma - I can walk, said Mr Mudskipper

Wow...I can walk, Im a walking fish. A mudskipper, is quite an ugly fish with big head and big protruding eyes that are set close to each other. It can crawl and jump over the land with its powerful fins infront that act as arms and make the mudskipper walking thru mudflats. Incredible, it can lives in the water and swamps area.

• Bi Po, Bi Po - Popping sound of nature..

Strange Noise of loud "Bi Po" "Bi Po" popping sound can be heard. Strange, I don't know where it came from, but the popping sound can be heard everywhere. I thought it must the sound of the mangrove seed dispersed, but its not too... Strange, very very strange..Aaah..Later Mr Tan told us that its the sound of Snapping prawns or pistol shrimp. I...

• A walk thru the Mangrove Forest

At one end of the fishing village, there is a place for relaxing in the mangrove forest, thats rich in tree species and aquatic life. Have fun walking around the mangrove roots and mudflats and take pictures of the surrounding area.It is so peaceful here.. :-)

• Boat Ride thru the coastal mangrove...

Four of us taking the boat ride with Mr Tan as our guide. The ride thru the mangrove forest can be very interesting, watching for birds, monkeys, monitor liquids, snakes, etc... I dont see any crocodile around. And a lot of fishing anglers in small and big boats.

• Bird Watching @ Kuala Gula

Kuala Gula is famous for being a bird santuary. There are thousand of migratory birds visit Kuala Gula from September until April every year. So bird lovers, please come to visit Kuala Gula to see and take pictures of the birds.Hmm..I am not bird lover here, so I do not know the birds' names.

• Cockles Harvesting 2

Cockles is one type of shell fish found easily at Kuala Gula, they are harvested and processed for distribution to local market. As earlier, the action of harvesting cockles in the sea and now they are back to the fishing port. The cockles...eeee, they looked very dirty with muds and dirts, then they are thrown into a rotating machine what will...

• Cockles Harvesting 1

Harvesting Cockles from the sea. We saw three boats each circling round and round at the same point. Hey, what are they doing? No one nagivate the boat, just one person holding a long pole, skooping cockles from the sea bottom, the cockles in the wired container will then transfer into the boat. Wow… don’t they get dizzy with the boat going round...

• The Bird Sanctuary Resort

You have to come here for the boat ride at Kuala Gula. Nice place to stay at this Bird Sanctuary Resort but quite expensive.. Just walk around here, have something to eat at the restaurant before you start the tour around Kuala Gula

Gula Restaurants

Yummy.. 4 more images

by AngMimi Updated Dec 21, 2011

There are a few Seafood restaurant here at Kuala Gula, but this restaurant must be popular, tourist in buses came here to eat, moreover popular salted fish, belacan and chinese pau also selling here like hot buns..

Favorite Dish: Favourite food ordered here must be Fried Crabs with rice vermicelli added with canned stew pork, Fish curry, fried small cuttle fish, deep fried soft shell crabs (my favourite) and belacan kangkung.. See my picture...We have to wait for almost 1hour, but its okay, its worth the waiting.

All the food we ate just cost : $114 plus drinks for 6 person.

Gula What to Pack

Puteri Lilin on the road 2 more images

by AngMimi Updated Dec 21, 2011

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Man also need an umbrella??? It must be very hot hot hot then
    Remember to bring a hat to hide from the sun.
    Light clothing will do like t-shirts, bermuda, jeans..
    Slippers or light walking shoes

Puteri Lilin (Candle Princess) is a malay proverb for someone who dont go out under the hot sun, it might get melt like a candle.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sunscreen lotion also important..Dont want to get beautiful tanned on your skin.

Photo Equipment: Ensure batteries fully charged to take a lot of bird pictures.

• Fishing
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Birdwatching

Gula Favorites

Nice bike!! 2 more images

by AngMimi Updated Dec 21, 2011

Favorite thing: Well, I dont know how to ride a motorbike but I do wish to ride this big bike.. I think my short legs should be able to touch the ground if I sit on the bike...hmmm...nice..but if I fall down, I dont think I will be able to push up this bike...Urrrgh so heavy man..
    Well, I dream a lot..Hehe

• Motorcycle

Instant Answers: Gula

Comments

Explore Deeper into Gula
Gula Travel Guide