Ipoh Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Ipoh

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

Take a ride on the Train

by Wild_Orchid Updated Oct 23, 2005

Choo-choo train

Favorite thing: One good way to have an overview of the attractions and rides around the Lost World of Tambun without using too much of your own leg power would be to take the train. It departs at half-hourly intervals not far from the main entrance to the park. As it works on a first-come-first served basis, and is quite a small train with only a few carriages, you would need to grab your kids and jump on to grab a seat rather quickly. Furthermore, if there is a primary school group out on an outing (and there are quite a few of those on weekends), the train would be filled in no time at all.

Fondest memory: My fond memory on the train ride:
    My son was rather shy and refused to even look at, let alone say a simple hello to the two aunties and a grandmother who had climbed on board "our" coach. They started talking to me and asking me whether they needed to pay for the train ride and I assured them in my limited Cantonese that there was no extra charge, because the park operated on an all-inclusive entrance fee.

However, after the train ride started, the jungle noises from around the park brought my son out of his shell. He got so excited that he started naming the animals and imitating their cries. Hearing him speak English, so amused the aunties that they started praising him with words such as "Clever boy." After that, we all started speaking in English, which was better than me trying out my limited Cantonese. LOL

I guess my son really liked the ride, because later on, he went a second time with his father and sister. (smile)

• Theme Park Trips

• bluepigsinthesky's Profile Photo

eat eat and eat

by bluepigsinthesky Written Jun 26, 2006

Favorite thing: the most boring place in the world, and only redeaming feature of Ipoh(in my opinion) is the variety and quality of food available. Most famous for Chicken Taugeh Noodle, as it's very smooth and flavorful. Available at any corner you turn.

• Business Travel
    • School Holidays

• airasia's Profile Photo

Succulent Pomeloes

by airasia Written Jan 9, 2005

Favorite thing: A trip to Ipoh will never complete without sampling the pomeloes. These stretch of pomeloes stalls are located in front of Hill city hotel, Jalan Gopeng.

Instant Answers: Ipoh

Comments

Ipoh Favorites

Reviews and photos of Ipoh favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ipoh sightseeing.