Taiping Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Taiping

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Bus to Kuala Kangsar

by Willettsworld Written Aug 18, 2010

I took a bus from the local bus station in Taiping to Kuala Kangsar which only took about 50 minutes and cost RM3.90. Buses are very frequent here but only go to the smaller local destinations. You'll need to go to the bus station in Kamunting (7km to the north) in order to get buses to Ipoh, Butterworth and KL.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Bus from George Town

by Willettsworld Updated Aug 18, 2010
    Bus 'station' at Butterworth

I left George Town with the idea of visiting Taiping but it wasn't quite as straight forward as I thought. I walked from my hotel to the Komtar bus station in order to get a local bus down to the Express Bus Station located about 10km to the south, near the Penang Bridge. I got to the Express Bus Station only to find out that it wasn't possible to get a bus direct to Taiping but instead I had to take a bus bound for Ipoh to Butterworth where I could then take a direct bus to Taiping. Luckily the Ipoh bus was just leaving and so I got on this and went over the bridge to the bus station in Butterworth which is located near to the train station. Unluckily for me I had just missed the 10:30am bus to Taiping and had to wait another hour for the next one. When I got on the bus I sat and chatted to an Australian couple who simply took the ferry over from the city centre in George Town to the ferry terminal in Butterworth which is near to the bus station so I would suggest to do the same instead of what I did! The bus from Butterworth to Taiping cost RM7.70 and took about an hour and takes you to the Kamunting bus station, 7km to the north of Taiping, where you have to get a local bus (No. 8) to the towns local bus station.

• aberacadabra's Profile Photo

Driving to Taiping

by aberacadabra Written Feb 17, 2009

The North South (Plus) Highway passes just outside of Taiping. Exit at the Cangkat Jering toll and there are signs to Taiping town. Do beware that at the Simpang Empat traffic lights, there isn't any sign pointing to the town. Keep right and turn right, it'll bring you all the way to town.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Taking the jeep up Maxwell Hill

by SLLiew Written Apr 23, 2007

It is a lot of fun going up Maxwell Hill by jeep.

The road is tarred and well maintained. The ride is smooth, the driver experienced. There are sharp uphill hair pin turns.

If you are prone to car sickness, grab the seat in front with the driver.

Not to be missed if you have a full day in Taiping.

• eelaine's Profile Photo

the easy way to get up maxwell hill

by eelaine Written Jan 19, 2006

our ride up maxwell hill

the road up to maxwell hill is very very steep.. you have a choice of walking up, working up a good sweat.. or take the only other way, that is to take the jeep run by local authorities.. this is the quick and easy way which we opted for.. they charge rm4 per person for a return ticket.. the drive up takes about 30 mins and it's a roller coaster ride!!

• Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Taiping

• Oct 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

the bus service in taiping has been very poor. The last bus service from the kemunting express bus terminal to taiping town is at 7.30 pm. After that, you have no other alternative but to take a taxi ride for between ten to twenty times the cost. i hope something can be done about this as it is very expensive to most of us especially if we travel frequently to our beloved town Taiping

Taiping Transportation

Reviews and photos of Taiping transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Taiping sightseeing.