Temengor Restaurants

Our Food Bin
    by AngMimi
    Koay Teow Goreng (Fried Broad Noodles)
    by AngMimi
    Sardine, potatoes and vege dishes

Most Recent Restaurants in Temengor

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

The Orang Asli: Food prepared in Bamboo

by AngMimi Updated Nov 21, 2011

My cousin with curly ferns

Im curious to know how the Orang Asli cooked their food. Its so traditional, using a section of bamboo trunk, hmmm... how interesting!!.. Its a method of cooking when you are in the jungle, no need of pots and pans.. just salt and a lighter..

Here's a demo from Kak Eren.
    Before that, we took a boat ride to another muddy area to collect the shoots of curly ferns. Going there was another adventure, leaches again and get your legs stucked in mud..yughs!!

To prepare the rice - you need a section of bamboo trunk, some daun lerek to hold the rice on the bamboo.. push them in the bamboo and pour enough water to cook the rice.

To prepare the curly fern - only young shoot of curly fern needed, Ikan Bilis (white anchovies), Sayur charawat ( a kind of ginger) and salt..Put them layer by layer, one after one ingredients until fully. Pour in some water just 1/2 of the bamboo.

Lets get the fire burning, just put them on top of the fire woods and turned them accasionally.

Favorite Dish: Favourite Dishes - Bamboo Rice and Bamboo Curly Ferns. Very nice to eat, yummy.. !!!

• Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Eco-Tourism

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

The Temengor's Cafe: Simple Food for the Hungry Stomach

by AngMimi Written Nov 21, 2011

Our Food Bin

Hungry? After the Hornbills counting in the morning and evening.. So much energy taken to climb up and down the top hill. As usual, I volunteered myself to cook for everyone. I get bored if I dont cook everyday. So whats the menu, oh, the food was plenty for everyone, I have no problem to cook.. So enjoyed looking at my food (simple food for hungry stomach)

You wont die of hunger, with me around..:-))) I simply enjoyed cooking, there are fried noodles, mee suah noodles in the morning, Spagetti tuna, a lot of corn for snack time, sandwiches for outing in the waterfall...ahhhh.. Some such they will lose weight if they come here and Im lost just 1kg..Good execise for everyone..Fresh air to breath..hmmmmmmmmmm..

• Birdwatching
    • National/State Park
    • Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Temengor

Comments

Temengor Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Temengor restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Temengor sightseeing.