Temengor Warnings and Dangers

Ferry to transport out the timbers
    by AngMimi
  • A forklift lifting cut timbers into the ferryboat
    A forklift lifting cut timbers into the...
  • Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Temengor

The real danger in Temengor - 1

by AngMimi Updated Aug 24, 2012
    It will take another 50 years to grow a tree

The real danger in Temengor - Damn, this is the second time, I have to write back this tip, grrr..window internet explorer not responding and my tips gone. grrrrr again.

Logging and poaching in the forest of Belum Temengor caused the forest losing its wild resources that feed the orang asli for many many years. Logging in Belum Temengor forest reserve keep going eventhough they are protested by MNS and the public. I always read this story in the newspaper, but somehow nothing done to stop logging. You have to visit Temengor so that you can see all the troubles logging done to the forest, the people, the animal, the lake and rivers.

When I was there for 5 days, as early in 6am, I could hear the logging site not far from our hut in Kampung Tebang. Lorry engines already started to get ready to go further in the forest to cut more timbers. Well, we dont need an alarm clock to wake us all up in the morning. Noises from the logging site and later noises from the ferryboat transporting cut timbers to another station. See Picture 2 & 4. This logging activity somehow caused the river and lake to get muddled, hey, thats the water the orang asli are drinking.

With this logging activity going on, come another danger of poaching. With new road opened up in the forest, there are more poaches or hunters coming in. Endangered species of wild animals like tiger, panthers, elephants, rhinoceros and may be hornbills too. There are pictures of animals hunted using snares, its very pitiful and the animals suffered before they died. There are so many news I read in the newspaper of wild animals like tigers, pangolins and other animals end up in the cooking pot or for some medical purposes.

Rivers and lake, fishes become less and less due to the logging activity and dangerous fishing using explosive. Orang asli Hussin, told us sometimes, he went fishing for his family, and there are no fishes, very sad story. :-((((

So stop logging, please...

The real danger in Temengor - 2

by AngMimi Written Nov 21, 2011

Bangkok is flooding, while in Temengor, you can the water recede so badly. I dont know how it happened, just not clever to know all this eco system what??? Just have a look in one of the pictures then you know..There are so much less fishes in the lakes and river. Not enough for the orang asli to feed their family..

• Eco-Tourism

Leeches

by AngMimi Updated Sep 29, 2011

There will be outing to the waterfall or jungle trekking, so I must warn you of the leeches in the rainforest..They are two types of leeches in the jungle, the one I had near my ankle, i let it suck for 15minutes, just to see how this blood sucker get fat.. after that I took a small leave and pull the leech off my skin.. Do not put salt or trying to burn them with lighter, it will give out whatever toxic.. anyway Im a not a scientist so I dont know how to explain more..
    So pull it and ask the leech to sit on naughty steps..;-)))

My cousin got 3 leeches each on both legs, oh no, hers was a nasty ones, so much blood..I dare not take a picture of it... I just knew my cousin, so I dare not simply take her pictures..hehe..

Giant Scorpian

by AngMimi Updated Sep 29, 2011

Watch where you are going..I seen this one big scorpian in this village.. and my friends saw 3 of them.. They can be deadly dangerous, right? Well, I dont know, but its sure big and scary... Aarrrrrggggggghhhhh.... run...

Instant Answers: Temengor

Comments

Temengor Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Temengor warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Temengor sightseeing.