Bukit Mertajam Restaurants

• picture from the cake box show the address
    picture from the cake box show the...
    by DaHongHua
    sit either in the shop or outside
    by DaHongHua
  • cai kweh, yame cake, che cheong fun and egg tart
    cai kweh, yame cake, che cheong fun and...

Most Recent Restaurants in Bukit Mertajam

The Sentosa Kopitiam: Chinese / Non Halal

by DaHongHua Written Jun 26, 2014
    picture from the cake box show the address

I ask about Cai Kweh, a kind of Chinese vegetable dumpling, some Bukit Mertajam friends guide me to this kopitiam. This is a typical Chinese Coffee Shop that open to serve breakfast to people in Taman Sentosa and Bukit Mertajam.
    There are many hawkers selling different type of Chinese and Indian food, I found difficult to name them all and I also realise that I have to revisit this place as there are so many delicious food I wish I can have in a time but could not.
    I shall come again some time.

Favorite Dish: on 22 June 2014, my wife and me only able to have
    Cai Kweh, Jawa Mee, Che Cheong Fun, Yam Dumpling and egg tart

Future visit, may be :
    Fish ball soup, prawn noodle, yam rice, roasted chicken, roti canai, fried koey teow ......

Puncak Mutiara Cafe: Kampung Style Eating in Kubang Semang 2

by DaHongHua Updated Jul 12, 2013

cooking in progress

Beside enjoy eating, I go around to explore the PMC. All workers are in their uniform but they are in different rolls. There are waiters, runners, cooks, cleaners and cashier ... The Animal Resort has many kind of animals that could be end up on dinning table, Oh ! so sad. According the hanging banner on the fence, the swimming pool is opened to public with fees. If you opts to dine in the air-conditioned hall during weekday by request, an additional charge need to be paid. The hall is opened to all diners when weekend and public holiday with no additional charge.

Favorite Dish: The Puncak Mutiara Special ABC
    The PMC Set Dinner with LIme Drink
    The Merryland Chicken
    The mushroom soup

Puncak Mutiara Cafe: Kampung Style Eating in Kubang Semang 1

by DaHongHua Updated Jul 12, 2013

The arrow sign give you some guide

Thanks to AngMiMi I come to know about Puncak Mutiara Cafe in Kubang Semang and I went there before 2013 Ramadhan start. It was indeed a great eating experience with my wife and daughter in a Kampung Style restaurant where we can either choose to dine in a big dining hall, inside an air-conditioned hall, in a private hut or a round table under a tree. We requested the waiter to recommend what to eat and we were happy to follow his suggestion to pick PMC specialty according him. I have some time to have a quick walk around before our food arrive. The arrow guides ( pic 1 ) offered help to show you where you want to go. As we are only 3 persons, so we choose not to occupy a big hut but to sit under a tree.

Favorite Dish: The Puncak Mutiara Special ABC
    The PMC Set Dinner with LIme Drink
    The Merryland Chicken
    The mushroom soup

Old Town: Best local food

by AngMimi Written Mar 9, 2013

My favourite Ice Kacang

Having a farewell lunch with Suhardy, Hmm...Oldtown is a nice place for meeting up with friends and family. All types of food are available here, from chinese to malay to Indian and western food, they do served toast with butter and kaya.

Favorite Dish: Nasi lemak and mi siam and ice lemon tea.

Bazaar Ramadan: The best BR in Bandar Perda

by AngMimi Written Aug 18, 2012

Bulan Ramadan Bulan Yang Mulia.
    Well, during this holy month of Ramadan (according to Muslim Calender), all muslim in the world are required to fast before celebrating the Hari Raya Puasa from dawn to dust.

You can find a lot of Bazaar Ramadan everywhere in Malaysia. I take this opportunity to visit one near my house at Bandar Perda. This is biggest BR in Bukit Mertajam. You can find a lot of food, drinks, cakes and tradisional malay kuih and many many more. I wish I could buy each type of food, but I cant eat all, so I come many times after work. Yummy...

Sakae Sushi @ Autocity- 1: Japanese Restuarant

by AngMimi Written Aug 15, 2012

master chef prepare garlic fried rice with salmon

You will find this restaurant with Japanese Hermit the Frog Logo. :-)))
    First time, I tried sushi..eeeeeee..I dont like it, but this time my office friends and I went to this Japanese restaurant at Autocity. I like their motto - "We serve only what we eat" so true to their words.. I begin to like this restaurant, so much varieties of sushi display on the conveyor belt, just pick what you fancy to eat..emmmm...

Favorite Dish: We had some sushi, which was really taste good, Chawanmushi, salmon in teriyaki sauce, fried garlic rice and salmon with rice. Drinks, we have green tea with roasted rice flavour.

Restoran Mutiara Bonda @ Autocity: Authentic Malay varieties

by AngMimi Written Aug 15, 2012

3rd time here

This newly opened Malay Restaurant served good fish head curries, tomyam, deep fried black promfret, fried squid, grilled snapper, a lot of fresh ulam-ulaman (fresh herbs) with sambal belacan. Its a good place for gathering with Muslim friends, so we know we are eating Halal food.

I have been here for 3 times and the restaurant staffs already know me well. Its my favourite place to have good Malay food.

Favorite Dish: I like to order my favourite set of Fried Black Pomfret, white rice, fish curry gravy, fresh herbs, sambal belacan, air asam and a cold drink. Cost me RM$9.30

Puncak Mutiara Cafe 2: We are here again

by AngMimi Written Jun 26, 2012

Esther Joy, Michael & Molly

We are here again and this time with my relatives from Singapore, to have lunch and visit the animal farm.

Please refer to my previous posting for the address

Favorite Dish: Favourite Dish should be the Nasi Beriani with Lamb & chicken curry, dalc and mixed vegetables, lamb chop, fish & chips, chicken wings and Oriental Chicken Chop. SHould try the Nasi Beriani and Lamb chop, they were yummy delicious.

Amma's Curry House: Local Indian Food

Smiling Amma

Not a restaurant but a small stall along Kampung Dork (formerly the villagers are from the Dorkyard in Butterworth)

Favorite Dish: I like all the food there especially the fried chicken, fried pomfret, indian curries, vegetables, fried crispy bitter gourd.

Eat with my hand again.

Ikan Bawal Goreng Tok Kangar: Deep Fried Crispy Pomfret fish

My food.

What so special? must be environment - eating under palm oil estate with monkeys

Favorite Dish: The fresh crispy fried pomfret with a lot of malay cuisine like Gulai Ikan Bawal (Pomfret in curry), Chicken curry, big cuttlefish in sambal, a lot of vegetables and ulam-ulam (fresh herbs).

I always have the ikan Bawal goreng (deep fried pomfret), ulam-ulam, sambal belacan, rice and the black sweet sauce to dip. Lovely!!

Oh yes, I always my hand to eat, finished off my fish like a cat.. ;-))

Xian Ding Wei: Taiwanese Tea Room

by AngMimi Written Apr 18, 2012

That's me and my office gang

Very quiet and cozy environment.
    Friendly staff to recommend nice food for a Birthday girl, Ly Ying

Favorite Dish: My favourite should be the rice and meat sauce.

Stir fried vege.
    Fried soft shell crab with salted egg
    Stir fried pork and chicken in dark sauce.

Food a bit in small portion ..No enough to eat.

Puncak Mutiara Cafe: Local and Western Food

by AngMimi Updated Oct 30, 2011

yum-yum

What makes it so special? This is a Malay restaurant where they served chicken, rabbit, mutton, beef, ostrich, venison and quail, which they reared all the animals in the farm where this restaurant is situated. Its about half and hour drive from BM town.

I went there with my officemates for dinner. The place was really nice, with small huts here and there, there are even bigger hut over the fish pond for bigger group of crowds, a small fish pond for children to feed the fishes..I like the place, no wonder its the talk in the town and facebook.

The restaurant is open from 10am to 2am. Closed on special holiday like Hari Raya and Raya Haji.

In daytime, you can visit the animal farm for the children but me, I will not want to see the animals as i don't want crying my eyes out in one corner of the farm.. thinking all those cute animals will ended up.. :-(( silly me.

Favorite Dish: The satay must be good - chicken and rabbit.
    Oh.. there are too many food, i cant write here..
    Just refer to their website for the menu: http://www.puncakmutiara.com/

All the food we ate just cost : RM $72.00..

Famous Mixed Rice in BM: Chicken and Pork Rice

by AngMimi Updated Oct 30, 2011

I take home to eat..

What make it so special? No, its not the owner who like to wear sexy, its the rice that cooked (steamed) individually in stainless steel bowl, then the rice will be served with generously amount of roasted chicken and pork on top and with a lot of special black gravy over the rice, the more gravy tasted even better and lastly green pickle cili padi..Yummy. If you eat there, then you will be served with special soup of the day with the earlier stainless steel bowl with some rice can still be seen sticking in the bowl, hahaha..thats the unique way you are served..
    Keep quiet and enjoy the mixed rice..

Price : Malaysian Ringgit $3.50 per serving.

Open from early morning to evening..

Ah Pek: Bak Pau

by AngMimi Updated Sep 6, 2011

hot delicious paus..

Pau is a type of steamed bun with fillings inside. The dough are made with flour, yeast, shortening, sugar and water. It can be filled with meat or vegetarian fillings. They can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have pau recipe, if you are interested to try making your own paus, just email me..

I shall described the name of pau here.
    Big Pau - very large bun filled with pork, eggs, mushroom and other ingredients
    Bak Pau - filled with pork
    Char Siew Pau - filled with bbq pork.
    Kaya Pau - filled with Kaya, a popular nyonya jam made from coconut milk, eggs and sugar and steamed for at least 4 hours.
    Tausah Pau - filled with sweet bean paste
    Chai Pau - filled with cooked yambean.

Favorite Dish: I like the Big Pau, Bak Pau, Char Siew Pau, Kaya Pau, Tausah Pau, Chai Pau - so much of chinese pau i like to buy from this Ah Pek (Uncle)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Cheok Sah Food Court: Cendul - another popular dessert

by SLLiew Updated Jan 5, 2008

A cousin of the "Ice Kacang", the "Chendul" is similar in concept "sweet" and "cool".

The types of ingredients are fewer and mainly just green "chendul" which are fragrant "pandan" leaves flavored noodle-like and boiled cooked red beans.

Similary ice is shaved on the spot using a rotating blade machine. Then the heavy white coconut milk is poured over the ice. The taste is heavenly. Try it.

Instant Answers: Bukit Mertajam

Comments

Bukit Mertajam Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bukit Mertajam restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bukit Mertajam sightseeing.

View all Bukit Mertajam hotels