Bukit Mertajam Restaurants

marinated meat, halal style

Best Rated Restaurants in Bukit Mertajam

Puncak Mutiara Cafe: Local and Western Food

by AngMimi Updated Oct 30, 2011

What makes it so special? This is a Malay restaurant where they served chicken, rabbit, mutton, beef, ostrich, venison and quail, which they reared all the animals in the farm where this restaurant is situated. Its about half and hour drive from BM town.

I went there with my officemates for dinner. The place was really nice, with small huts here and there, there are even bigger hut over the fish pond for bigger group of crowds, a small fish pond for children to feed the fishes..I like the place, no wonder its the talk in the town and facebook.

The restaurant is open from 10am to 2am. Closed on special holiday like Hari Raya and Raya Haji.

In daytime, you can visit the animal farm for the children but me, I will not want to see the animals as i don't want crying my eyes out in one corner of the farm.. thinking all those cute animals will ended up.. :-(( silly me.

Favorite Dish: The satay must be good - chicken and rabbit.
    Oh.. there are too many food, i cant write here..
    Just refer to their website for the menu: http://www.puncakmutiara.com/

All the food we ate just cost : RM $72.00..

yum-yum The usual gang One, two, tree...smile!! Romantic seatings

Old Town: Best local food

by AngMimi Written Mar 9, 2013

Having a farewell lunch with Suhardy, Hmm...Oldtown is a nice place for meeting up with friends and family. All types of food are available here, from chinese to malay to Indian and western food, they do served toast with butter and kaya.

Favorite Dish: Nasi lemak and mi siam and ice lemon tea.

My favourite Ice Kacang Alamak, so shy Mimi Suhardy with his Chicken rice SY with her Chocolate milkshake Another favourite - Nasi Lemak

Restoran Mutiara Bonda @ Autocity: Authentic Malay varieties

by AngMimi Written Aug 15, 2012

This newly opened Malay Restaurant served good fish head curries, tomyam, deep fried black promfret, fried squid, grilled snapper, a lot of fresh ulam-ulaman (fresh herbs) with sambal belacan. Its a good place for gathering with Muslim friends, so we know we are eating Halal food.

I have been here for 3 times and the restaurant staffs already know me well. Its my favourite place to have good Malay food.

Favorite Dish: I like to order my favourite set of Fried Black Pomfret, white rice, fish curry gravy, fresh herbs, sambal belacan, air asam and a cold drink. Cost me RM$9.30

3rd time here Birthday Gathering 2nd time here 1st time here Preparing grilled fish - I like fish

Famous Mixed Rice in BM: Chicken and Pork Rice

by AngMimi Updated Oct 30, 2011

What make it so special? No, its not the owner who like to wear sexy, its the rice that cooked (steamed) individually in stainless steel bowl, then the rice will be served with generously amount of roasted chicken and pork on top and with a lot of special black gravy over the rice, the more gravy tasted even better and lastly green pickle cili padi..Yummy. If you eat there, then you will be served with special soup of the day with the earlier stainless steel bowl with some rice can still be seen sticking in the bowl, hahaha..thats the unique way you are served..
    Keep quiet and enjoy the mixed rice..

Price : Malaysian Ringgit $3.50 per serving.

Open from early morning to evening..

I take home to eat.. Yummy

Ah Pek: Bak Pau

by AngMimi Updated Sep 6, 2011

Pau is a type of steamed bun with fillings inside. The dough are made with flour, yeast, shortening, sugar and water. It can be filled with meat or vegetarian fillings. They can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have pau recipe, if you are interested to try making your own paus, just email me..

I shall described the name of pau here.
    Big Pau - very large bun filled with pork, eggs, mushroom and other ingredients
    Bak Pau - filled with pork
    Char Siew Pau - filled with bbq pork.
    Kaya Pau - filled with Kaya, a popular nyonya jam made from coconut milk, eggs and sugar and steamed for at least 4 hours.
    Tausah Pau - filled with sweet bean paste
    Chai Pau - filled with cooked yambean.

Favorite Dish: I like the Big Pau, Bak Pau, Char Siew Pau, Kaya Pau, Tausah Pau, Chai Pau - so much of chinese pau i like to buy from this Ah Pek (Uncle)

hot delicious paus.. My own paus galore..

Xian Ding Wei: Taiwanese Tea Room

by AngMimi Written Apr 18, 2012

Very quiet and cozy environment.
    Friendly staff to recommend nice food for a Birthday girl, Ly Ying

Favorite Dish: My favourite should be the rice and meat sauce.

Stir fried vege.
    Fried soft shell crab with salted egg
    Stir fried pork and chicken in dark sauce.

Food a bit in small portion ..No enough to eat.

That's me and my office gang White rice with meat sauce Soft shell crab with salted egg Stir fried meat with dark sauce Stir fried vegetables

Cheok Sah Food Court: Near the railway station

by SLLiew Updated Jan 5, 2008

Near the BM railway station and next to the old cinema is the Cheok Sah food court which is popular with the locals for assam laksa, ice kacang, curry mee and mee jawa.

It is popular with the locals and best time to go in the afternoon. One of my favorite places to have a quick afternoon meal whenever I visit Bukit Mertajam. So look out for me if you are there.

If driving, you can park at the railway station car park, turn left and keep walking for 5 minutes until you see the food court on your left. There are other roadside parking but it can be difficult to find an empty lot.

Bazaar Ramadan: The best BR in Bandar Perda

by AngMimi Written Aug 18, 2012

Bulan Ramadan Bulan Yang Mulia.
    Well, during this holy month of Ramadan (according to Muslim Calender), all muslim in the world are required to fast before celebrating the Hari Raya Puasa from dawn to dust.

You can find a lot of Bazaar Ramadan everywhere in Malaysia. I take this opportunity to visit one near my house at Bandar Perda. This is biggest BR in Bukit Mertajam. You can find a lot of food, drinks, cakes and tradisional malay kuih and many many more. I wish I could buy each type of food, but I cant eat all, so I come many times after work. Yummy...

Giant Satay Satay seller Malaysian Kerabu

Cheok Sah Food Court: Cendul - another popular dessert

by SLLiew Updated Jan 5, 2008

A cousin of the "Ice Kacang", the "Chendul" is similar in concept "sweet" and "cool".

The types of ingredients are fewer and mainly just green "chendul" which are fragrant "pandan" leaves flavored noodle-like and boiled cooked red beans.

Similary ice is shaved on the spot using a rotating blade machine. Then the heavy white coconut milk is poured over the ice. The taste is heavenly. Try it.

Cheok Sah Foodcourt: Ice kacang - cool dessert

by SLLiew Updated Jan 5, 2008

When eating the hot and spicy laksa noodles, the ice kacang is an excellent dessert companion.

"Kacang" in Malay means "bean" So for ingredients, the boiled cooked red kidney bean, black seaweed "leong fan", green pandan leave flavored "chendul", yellow corn, jello, even nutmeg or other additions are placed at the bottom of the bowl. Then used a rotating blade, the ice block is shaved onto the ingredients and make into a cone shape. Then sweet syrup of different colored flavors are added on the ice with a dash of condensed milk.

Best eaten before the ice all melt. Cool and refreshing.

Cheok Sah Foodcourt: BM Laksa one of the best

by SLLiew Written Jan 5, 2008

Laksa is local favorite for Penang, Kedah and Perlis region. It's origin is a combination of Malay, Thai and Chinese.

A bowl of rice white noodles in a fish meat based soup that is spicy, sourish and hot. Additional chilly and the hea-koh (black shrimp paste sauce) are optional. Garnished with chopped onions, cucumber, vegetable, pineapple, ginger flower (laksa flower), fragrant leaves.

Found the laksa noodle here extra thick and yummy. Each laksa outlet have their peculiar laksa soup which is definitive. Best taken when served hot. The stall is minimal but the laksa great.

Puncak Mutiara Cafe: Kampung Style Eating in Kubang Semang 1

by DaHongHua Updated Jul 12, 2013

Thanks to AngMiMi I come to know about Puncak Mutiara Cafe in Kubang Semang and I went there before 2013 Ramadhan start. It was indeed a great eating experience with my wife and daughter in a Kampung Style restaurant where we can either choose to dine in a big dining hall, inside an air-conditioned hall, in a private hut or a round table under a tree. We requested the waiter to recommend what to eat and we were happy to follow his suggestion to pick PMC specialty according him. I have some time to have a quick walk around before our food arrive. The arrow guides ( pic 1 ) offered help to show you where you want to go. As we are only 3 persons, so we choose not to occupy a big hut but to sit under a tree.

Favorite Dish: The Puncak Mutiara Special ABC
    The PMC Set Dinner with LIme Drink
    The Merryland Chicken
    The mushroom soup

The arrow sign give you some guide eating in a private hut is enjoyable food ordering in progress The waiter forward one's order to the kitchen part of the kitchen, hot plate cooking in progress

Puncak Mutiara Cafe: Kampung Style Eating in Kubang Semang 2

by DaHongHua Updated Jul 12, 2013

Beside enjoy eating, I go around to explore the PMC. All workers are in their uniform but they are in different rolls. There are waiters, runners, cooks, cleaners and cashier ... The Animal Resort has many kind of animals that could be end up on dinning table, Oh ! so sad. According the hanging banner on the fence, the swimming pool is opened to public with fees. If you opts to dine in the air-conditioned hall during weekday by request, an additional charge need to be paid. The hall is opened to all diners when weekend and public holiday with no additional charge.

Favorite Dish: The Puncak Mutiara Special ABC
    The PMC Set Dinner with LIme Drink
    The Merryland Chicken
    The mushroom soup

cooking in progress go around the cafe you will find something goose pond and small waterfall dropping zone to ease customer

Ocean Garden Restaurant: Korean Steamboat and BBQ

by DaHongHua Written Sep 2, 2014

I 1st ate the Korean style when in Taichung. Soon, I realise this type of restaurants are in Malaysia too, mostly in the shopping mall.
    The Ocean Garden is in the AEON shopping mall, Alma, Bukit Mertajam, at the level of food court and next to it, with other franchising fast food outlets are the neighbours.
    We were attractted by the students discount to dine in. The drinking glass ( cold ) or cup ( hot ) for drink are count separately for the free flow drink. If you are many and all the family members, you can opts to get less cups.
    It is a HALAL reataurant. Most meat and seafood are marinated with spice and flavor. There are some served in original way with the shell too.
    If you still have space in your stomach after a few round of boiled and BBQ. There are fried noodle and deserts and also fruits and ice cream waiting for you.
    This restaurant suite best to a great eater.

BBQ or steamboat boil share the same stove marinated meat, halal style some sea shells fish ball and produced foods

Sakae Sushi @ Autocity- 1: Japanese Restuarant

by AngMimi Written Aug 15, 2012

You will find this restaurant with Japanese Hermit the Frog Logo. :-)))
    First time, I tried sushi..eeeeeee..I dont like it, but this time my office friends and I went to this Japanese restaurant at Autocity. I like their motto - "We serve only what we eat" so true to their words.. I begin to like this restaurant, so much varieties of sushi display on the conveyor belt, just pick what you fancy to eat..emmmm...

Favorite Dish: We had some sushi, which was really taste good, Chawanmushi, salmon in teriyaki sauce, fried garlic rice and salmon with rice. Drinks, we have green tea with roasted rice flavour.

master chef prepare garlic fried rice with salmon

Instant Answers: Bukit Mertajam

Comments

Bukit Mertajam Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bukit Mertajam restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bukit Mertajam sightseeing.

View all Bukit Mertajam hotels