Rent a Car in Penang, Penang

Know about this? Rate It!

• Rent a Car in Penang
    by natashakye
  • Rent a Car in Penang
    by natashakye
  • rental van, nissan urvan frm www.rentalvan.com.my
    rental van, nissan urvan frm...
    by Sugitha
  • Best Convenient Way to Rent a Car in Malaysia

by KevynT Updated Jul 13, 2014

Penang is one of the best attractions in Malaysia. Tourists can experience diversified culture and various cultural foods. However, the best way to get to and around Penang is by having transportation such as a rented vehicle. If you are on budget and wouldn't want to compromise on the quality and ease of renting a car, please visit www.GoAnton.my. We are the largest car rental portal in Malaysia with affiliations from most car rental companies in Malaysia.

GoAnton.My is your one stop solution, we provide practical solutions to all your special occasion needs, such as car rental, wedding car rental, chauffeur services, bus services etc.

• Big Thumb Enterprise Car Rental

by natashakye Updated Mar 4, 2014

Trip duration: 3d2n (1st March 2014 to 3rd March 2014)
    Number of people: 5

I went on sort of a roadtrip around Penang with a group of 5 friends from Singapore. We decided to rent a car from a rental agency in Penang but there was a problem because we were a bunch of 20 year olds and ALL car rental agencies required drivers to be above 21 years old or 23 years old.

After scouring the Internet for a bit, we finally found a car rental agency that rented to under 21s - Big Thumb Enterprise. Service was nothing short of excellent. We conversed via e-mail and got very fast and helpful replies. The customer service officer, Michelle, who handed the car over to us on 1/3/14 was very helpful as well and explained the conditions and terms clearly. Only disappointment was the last minute change to the car that we chose and the fact that we weren't informed of it beforehand. However, because the change was to a similar car that can still seat 5 people (and the overall price was also cheaper) it wasn't really a big deal to us. The car - a 2007, 1.0 litre Kelisa - was in good condition. No breakdowns on the road. It was a smooth ride all throughout the 3 days. It didn't consume much petrol either. We spent only RM35 on petrol for 3 days (and we drove literally everywhere, from one side of the island to the other and back and everywhere in between).

All in all, I would highly recommend Big Thumb Enterprise to anyone who would like to rent cheap and good cars, especially under 21s. If I were to return to Penang, I would rent from them again, without a doubt!

Big Thumb Enterprise website: www.i1rentcar.com

• Penang Budget Car Rental

by TanKimLian Written Jan 24, 2013

Last month 22/12/2012, I together with my husband reach Penang Internatinonal Airport and decided to opted for rent a car service since the taxi fares is quite expensive. So, I found Big Thumb Rent a Car Ventures from the mudah.my. The service is incredible. The car condition is excellent. So, I would like to recommend their service to those who would like to come over Penang Island.

its our ride...
    • School Holidays
    • Business Travel

• Van Rental In Penang

by Sugitha Written May 22, 2012

In my experience it was really great to round the island with the van.. we was rented nissan urvan van frm ssn rental. it was brand new van and was simply comfortable for 13 people. but the van is 15 seat van. after we compare the cost of the journey we found renting van is simply great than others. so we rent the van buy doing a booking via

it was a nice trip..

rental van, nissan urvan frm www.rentalvan.com.my

• Car and driver

by wallabybob Written Nov 7, 2011

I visited Penang on the 29th October with my son for a return visit. My last time in Penang was 1975.
    I was fortunate enough to hire Simon with a brand new Honda for the day. First we visited Butterworth Air Base then Robina Park where I used to live. After that I turned the trip over to Simon - he took us everywhere - many of the sights I had seen before but my son hadn't. There was no stopping Simon with always one last place to visit. A better tour guide was not possible and I would highly recommend him to anyone. I have listed Simon's contact below and can assure you will not be disappointed

sspenangtours@gmail.com

• Europcar Car Rental in Penang

by yawweiwoo Written Oct 11, 2011

It is about car rental in Penang with Europcar. I am pleased to have their customer service in Penang. There is no doubt for me to choose them always no matter where am I. It is my first time to hire the car with Europcar in Malaysia as they just establish the company. I am always believe Europcar as they are meet to my requirement all the while. Wonderful, marvellous service, competitive rate. Great! Thanks.

• Festivals

• Swwaattcchh's Profile Photo

Hired car

by Swwaattcchh Updated Apr 4, 2011

It's probably cheaper to hire a car to bring you around if you have a group of 4 or more.
    There are the usual tour operators and even private cars if you just ask around.

My experience:
    1st night : Hired a private car from the hotel. Cost me RM45 per hr.
    2nd day : Hired the guy whom I rode his horse near the beach for RM20 for 10 hrs!
    3rd day: Hired from a private tour operator at RM 25 per hr.

Ok the first night is the act of a typical tourist. I later found out from Danny (the guy I hired the 3rd day, who happened to be a friend of my driver on the 1st night) that my 1st night driver couldn't believe his luck!!
    My 2nd day was the cheapest, but only becoz Jimmy (the private operator)'s car is not the best.
    Danny, the 3rd day driver had a much better car, so if you are looking for tour Penang at affordable rates, Danny is probably the guy you should be calling.
    He even provide day tours to Langkawi if you intend to go there from Penang.
    If you don't mind a cheaper alternative, look for Jimmy along the Batu Ferringi Beach, near Park Royal. He's one of the horse handlers.

That's Jimmy, my hired driver on the 2nd day

• Kasina Car Rental for 12 in Penang

by mahaileen Written Jul 12, 2010

I booked Kasina before my trip as there were 10 of us going on a 24 hour trip to Penang. We drove ourselves as we had a GPS to help us find the way. The service from Kasina is very good as right at the Airport we were served by Kader and Anuar who presented the new Toyota Hiace to us within 10 minutes.

At the point of booking the vehicle, we had asked them to buy for us a carton of water to be placed in the vehicle and they did it for us. We were thirsty after the budget flight and it was a cool relief.

The vehicle was cool(there was front and rear aircon) and the ride was smooth for all of us, though it was a manual drive, it was easy to drive. Best of all, the diesel consumption was very low, (as in all Toyotas) and for the whole trip which we drove for two hundred over km, we only used RM30 of diesel.

There was only 1 flaw in the vehicle. The CD player was not working. When we returned the vehicle to Kader at the airport, we complained to him about the CD player. He called his boss and immediately his boss compensated the flaw by giving us a 10% discount over the rental. This is excellent customer service and we are very pleased with KASINA RENTAL.

• Private Guide , Drive and Car in Penang

by simonsin Written Aug 25, 2009

Try Simon. he provides car and driver (himself) for small groups to get about penang for private sightseeing tours. Itenarary customized to your preference and he is flexible. a groups of 1-3 pax is ideal. do check out the site below

website http://sspenangtours.webs.com

wonderful guide and a local who knows the ins and outs of penang life.

• Car with Driver to see around Penang at fair charg

by usatya31 Written Apr 15, 2008

Friend:
    I recently visited Penang with my wife.We went round the city and environs with help of an excellent guide-cum-driver-cum car owner . His services were
    impeccable, absolutely punctual, and a very steady driver even on highways.
    I have the greatest joy in recommending him to any foreigner who visits Penang
    and invirons like Ipoh, Cameroon Highlands, etc., etc., His name is
    Mr. ZAMRI. HIS MOBILE nO. 012-5782684 . HIS EMAIL ID:been_matiz@yahoo.com.my

The greatest thing about this gentleman is there is no need to bargain with him about the charges. You can trust what he charges you for either a trip or by the hour for local sightseeing etc., I have never seen such good, honest and gentle soul anywhere else, who is a car-driver-cum owner. .

May I request you to kindly post this detail in all those sites where there is a forum on car-hire in Penang.

You can meet him or ask him to wait for you at the Penang airport-Govt.Tourist Information Centre, which is giving excellent services to the tourists visiting Penang. It is they who introduced us to him, at the airport. All through our visit by road to Ipoh and Cameroon Highlands from Penang, we were highly impressed with the Tourist information centre's services , as also the ability of our Guide-cum-cardriver to take care of our interests as tourists.

• Business Travel

• eliz250's Profile Photo

A mini car Kancil is good to move

by eliz250 Written Apr 5, 2007

Travel in Penang by car is most appropriate and most convenient to move on your pace if you can drive there. Rent a mini car kancil cost RM100 per day from Kasina car rental co tel 6-04-6441842. They have various choice of vehicles to suit your budget

• Singles

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Getting Around Penang

by bpacker Updated Nov 18, 2005

Honestly, renting a car is a necessary evil in Penang if you're keen to explore the backwoods of Penang and try the delicious food that is only available in the far-flung areas of the island. For some odd reason, the more rural the restaurant is, the more delicious the food ! Here's some interesting places you can visit with the car, included are some restaurant tips:

1. Fishing villages in Batu Maung or the War Museum there and the "Beginning of the World” seafood restaurant that you can find on a pier that juts out into the sea.

2. The nutmeg/durian plantation in Balik Pulau and the famous Penang Laksa joint at the T junction.

3. The scenic coastline around Batu Ferringhi , the Butterfly Museum there and the End of the World" seafood restaurant at Teluk Bahang.

Added Tips-
    1.Ask your hotel concierge for a recommended car rental company ( they always have some kind of discounted tie-up). Expect to pay an average of RM120 or so for an average 1.6L car.
    2.If you fly by Air-Asia, you can rent a car as cheaply for Rm60 a day.
    3.There are some cheap rental car companies in Chulia Street

The 1.6L car we rented

• jolou's Profile Photo

Best cab driver / tour guide in Penang

by jolou Written Jan 16, 2005

This guy was the most helpful person we met in Penang. By chance we took a cab with him one day, then ended up booking him again for an island tour and a few other journeys. He took us exactly where we wanted to go, didn't push his own ideas at us and was also amazingly helpful in taking us to the festival (see travelogue) and introduced us to his friends there, making us feel less like the conspicuous tourists that we obviously were!

If you're in Penang and want a friendly, informative and helpful guide for a day or an hour or two, give him a call.... (he didn't pay me to say this!!)

His name is A. Kana (I can't remember what his first name is.

• Audrey118's Profile Photo

Rent a Car

by Audrey118 Written Jul 15, 2003

We hired a car and becos we are regular we get a special deal from Pacific car rental and they even give us upgrade to a better vehicle if available. Good service and reliable car.

Our rented car