Know about this?
Dally with Jellyfish
Honestly speaking, the beach at Batu Ferringhi, Penang isn't quite what the tourist literature makes it up to be. The sandy portion is narrow, there are rocky outcrops everywhere and there's jellyfish within those waters. How did I know that? I got stung in the butt here once when I was stayed here at Golden Sands Resort once. Needless to say, I yelped, jumped out the water and went to search for vinegar to soothe my bottom. I should have just played with the sand just like these kids.
Mother Earth & Mother Nature
"Mother Earth has given us so much richness. But we shamelessly destroy it all without any regard. The sea means everything to us. It provides our very living.... We will fight to protect this sea that has fed us." is a saying of a Penangite local to save the seawater. And the beaches ...
Although most Penang beaches are clean, most of its sea water is not that transparant blue, even its mirrored surface looks turquoise. A brownish hue can be seen and, visitors with images of beautiful, crystal clear aquamarine blue oceans in mind, ... so sorry!!!
Warning: Watch the jellyfish! Some are huge, and venomous, causes death! Mother Nature has taken care of its creatures ...
- Water Sports
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
- Breakfast included
- AMOMA.com Best price - No reservation costs
Penang Travel Guide
Explore the World
- South Carolina
- Malakasa Hotels
- Kampong Tampin Hotels
- La Seu d'Urgell
- Banjul Hotels
- Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Hotels
- The area around the main station
- Nairobi Warnings and Dangers
- Nogales Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Peñasco Warnings and Dangers
- Jacó Warnings and Dangers
- Albufeira Warnings and Dangers
- Marbella Warnings and Dangers
- Edinburgh Warnings and Dangers
- Michigan City Warnings and Dangers
- Kuopio Warnings and Dangers