Kampong Karambunai What to Pack

SLR Camera

by sim1 Updated Jul 13, 2004

SLR camera

Photo Equipment:
    I had my SLR camera with me at Nexus Resort, but I preferred to use my digital in this case. I always make a choice between my digital camera and SLR depending on the place I visit, things to see, situation and light.

Pro's for the digital: it is quicker to grab, cheaper in use as I don't need to develop the film, endless memory space so I can take as many pics as I want, much more light sensitive than my SLR which is an enormous pro during bad light conditions.

Pro's for the SLR: Better with moving objects, zooming-in, making close-ups, macro photos and in general: better quality of photos when I do see a good photo opportunity (much more options on this camera, so I can compose the photo the way I want it).

I guess I was really LAZZZZY here, hahaha, as I wasn't in search of any special photo opportunities. I just relaxed and just brought my digital with me while walking around in the resort. But I guess if you want you can do some beautiful macro photos of the flowers here.

Electrical appliances

by sim1 Written Jul 12, 2004

Miscellaneous:
    With all this digital equipment it is important to have fully charged batteries all the time! And I have to say that went perfectly during my trip.

In Malaysia they use 240 volts and 50 Hz. It is a rectangular blade plug (see picture)

Beware : an adapter by itself will not change the electrical voltage. You must be sure that your appliance can handle different voltages (either automatically or through a voltage switch). If it can't, you will need a voltage converter.

by sim1 Written Jul 12, 2004

Photo Equipment:
    Two things that are a must in my travel bag and that is my digital camera and my new 'toy' the X's-Drive Pro (a portable hard disk)

This has been the first trip I took the X's Drive Pro with me and I am amazed by it! I don't think I want to travel ever again without it, LOL :-))
    This little gadget is a portable hard drive where I can store all my digital pics on while I travel. No chances of running out of memory card anymore. No more thinking if I 'should' or 'shouldn't' take a picture, because the memory card is running full. It has a capacity of around 40,000 pictures that I can store, hahaha, and that is more than enough.... even for me ;-)
    The use is easy which is a great advantage. It only takes a few minutes to upload the photos from the digital camera. It has a rechargeable battery, so you don't need to be plugged in to the electricity net to use it. And all I need to be taking care of during my travels, is keeping the batteries charged of this wonderful thingy and of my digital camera :-)

Instant Answers: Kampong Karambunai

Comments

Kampong Karambunai What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Kampong Karambunai what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kampong Karambunai sightseeing.

View all Kampong Karambunai hotels