Kampong Karambunai Things to Do

Map of Sabah

Most Recent Things to Do in Kampong Karambunai

A relaxing afternoon

by sim1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

But it doesn't always have to be stormy weather in the afternoon, it can be beautiful and calm too, like I had on this day. It is wonderful to just walk around and find the perfect bench close to the beach and see the sun LAZZZZILY go down.... it won't be long before the sun will set.

Fun in the sea

Fun in the sea

When you go a little further into the sea you will hit the waves, and they can at times be quite high, hahaha, really fun to play with. Especially the last day we had quite some high waves. No time to be LAZZZZY here, you have to pay attention all the time. I forgot a few times and got a full load of water in my face.... oops.... so lots of laughing because of that and waiting for the next wave to arrive ;-))

The trip continues....

Kota Kinabalu

So off we are to our next destination.... The trip continues.... I can't be LAZZZZZY all the time :-))

Well I guess this has been a very LAZZZZY page, hahaha, I wonder how many times I have written this word down. But I think I most have broken some kind of record, LOL :-)) If anyone has counted them, please let me know, hahaha, I am toooo LAZZZZY to do that ;-))

The previous leg of my journey was a visit to the Sepilok Orang Utan Cente

The next chapter will be about Kota Kinabalu

I hope you will join me on this virtual trip and enjoy reading my travel stories and see the pictures. For me it has been fantastic to write about my journey because it has made me relive the trip once again :-)

Escape the LAZZZZINES?

Monkey on Sapi Island

If you want to escape the LAZZZZINES of the resort, you can make a choice of lots of excursions. There is a little shop where you can book all kinds of daytrips, two-days, a week, or whatever you feel like. There are unlimited possibilities. So you don't need to worry that you are 'locked up' in the resort if that is not your kind of thing. To give an idea of the possibilities you can take a look at all my pages about Sabah, all these trips are possible to book from the resort.

I booked a little daytrip to the islands of Sapi and Gaya. It is all very well organised, nothing you need to worry about yourself. Hahaha, remember.... you are at the LAZZZZY place, they arrange everything for you ;-)
    There is also a pendle-bus going to Kota Kinabalu from the resort about every two hours. If I remember well a return ticket costs 20RM per person.

There are several tour-operators you can choose from to book your trips. Here is a link to one of them Wildlife expeditions where you can find some more info about the excursions.

• sim1's Profile Photo

A nice drink to top off the evening

by sim1 Updated Jul 23, 2004

the lobby lounge 'The Horizon'

How about an after dinner drink? After such a LAZZZZY day and LAZZZZY evening, I think we should end it in a appropriate way. In the lobby lounge 'The Horizon' they have a nice seating area, with lots of LAZZZZY chairs where you can sit down and relax. Just order a drink and listen to the life band. The band called Take 3' plays on most evenings and is really good. Sigh... a perfect end to a perfect LAZZZZZY day :-)

Dessert Monster

Dessert Monster

Okay..... back to reality.... confession time. Yes, you read the title right.... it's me.... I am a dessert monster! :-)) Hahaha, I just loooove desserts! And they had a really good dessert buffet here. This is not the place for LAZZZZY dessert people, only for the real dessert fans, hahaha, like me :-)

So no need to say that I had to give lots of it a try. It was way too much for me, but it was great to take a little taste of everything. Yummie!

Italian Restaurant

Italian Restaurant

Time for dinner! There are several restaurants at the resorts that you can choose from, so plenty of choices of what and where to eat. The LAZZZZY people might not want to walk that far and take the first restaurant they meet: The Italian restaurant.

And well, that is not a bad choice at all! For me it has been the best one I tried on the resort. I love Italian food, hahaha, so I might be a little bit biased. The interior is nice and tranquil and the chef, who is from Switzerland, does know how to cook! Delicious! It might not be the best choice for your wallet as it isn't the cheapest place, but the food is absolutely worth it!

The pool area in the evening

The pool area in the evening

The swimming pool area is beautifully lit up. No one is swimming though, hahaha, LAZZZY people ;-)
    It is nice to walk around the resort in the evening though. I especially enjoyed it after dinner. Stretching my legs a bit, strolling around in the wonderful tropical warmth and enjoying how picturesque everything looks in the 'evening light'.

It never gets dark at Nexus

It never gets dark at Nexus

The day never ends at Nexus. The sun might have gone done, but there is light everywhere. Even the palm trees get an extra bit of attention. So forget about being LAZZZZY in your room, it is time to see the resort in a total 'new' sort of light :-)

The sunset

Sunset

The sky turns orange, my camera clicks, a sigh, life is wonderful. Amazingly there is hardly anyone on the beach (just like during the day actually). Just wonderful. Listening to the waves, sand creeping between my tows while I LAZZZZILY stroll around, the wonderful colours of the sky..... do I need to say more? No, I don't think so... just look at the photo and imagine to be here.... mmmmmmm

The sunset

Sunset

I was so happy to see the sunset. Many of you might know that the sunset is my favourite moment of the day and I love to take photos of it. But on this trip I was a bit out of luck and this was my first chance to enjoy the sunset. And what a wonderful place to do so! Sitting quiet and LAZZZZY on the beach, just waiting for the sky to turn in all kinds of wonderful colours.

Not always THAT good weather

Stormy weather

Karambunai looks so idyllic, but it is not always so. The weather can change quickly here, and that is something you have to keep in mind. So when you are sitting LAZZZZZZILY on the beach and you see that beautiful blue sky turn into dark blue on the other side of the mountain, you know bad weather is on its way! And soon! So take your towel and make a run for it! :-)

We had quite a storm on the late afternoon and I was really happy that we left the beach on time so we could see the storm from our balcony instead of being blown away off the beach ;-)

• sim1's Profile Photo

Ducks have the right of way! LOL

by sim1 Updated Jul 23, 2004

Ducks have the right of way

Just a funny picture here :-) I had to laugh so much when we walked around at the golf course. This group of ducks clearly decided that THEY had the right of way, hahaha, and they made a lot of noise to make clear that WE had to wait... kwak, kwaak, kwak, kwaaak :-)
    So we waited, patiently and with a big smile, while they LAZZZZILY crossed the street to reach one of the many ponds in the golf course.

• sim1's Profile Photo

Only allowed with golf buggy!

by sim1 Updated Jul 22, 2004

Golf buggy

Worried that your being-LAZZZZY image might be damaged by playing golf? Well, don't worry too much. You can always explain to everyone that you raced around the golf course in a golf buggy. So the real 'physical' element of walking around several kilometres has been cut down to a minimum. Hahaha, so that makes it a rather LAZZZZY sport, doesn't it? ;-))

Well, I have to admit, having a golf buggy is maybe not a bad idea in this tropical heat :-)) But I always prefer to walk on the golf course, for me making a nice long walk like that is part of the fun. Hmmmm.... I have to watch what I say, hahaha, I think I just ruined my LAZZZZY image ;-))

• Luxury Travel
    • Golf

A round of golf maybe?

by sim1 Updated Jul 22, 2004

Golfcourse at the Nexus Resort

Something I really wanted to do, but never got to do, as I was tooo busy being LAZZZZZY, was playing a round of golf. I did take a quick look at the golfcourse though and it looked great. Now I am home I regret not haven given it a try. Oh well, maybe a next time :-))

A round of golf (18 holes) will cost you 300RM, which is about 65 euro or 80 USD. To play you need to have your official handicap card with you. Men must have handicap 24 or lower, woman 36 or lower.

• Luxury Travel
    • Golf

Instant Answers: Kampong Karambunai

Comments

Kampong Karambunai Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Kampong Karambunai things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kampong Karambunai sightseeing.

View all Kampong Karambunai hotels