Kampong Karambunai Things to Do

Map of Sabah

Best Rated Things to Do in Kampong Karambunai

Some LAZZZZZY days at Nexus Resort

by sim1 Updated Jul 13, 2004

Good morning everyone! I think this is going to be one of the most LAZZZZY pages here on VT. Hahaha, or at least I will give that a try :-))) Why? Well, that is all what this resort is about, Luxury, LAZZZZZY and being away from it all :-)
    So please join me on the balcony, have a nice cup of tea, relax and lets wake up slooooowly, hahaha, no hurry today! We got the whole PAGE long to do nothing :-)))

Mmmm, so good to make such a LAZZZZY start to the day ;-)

LAZZZZY on the balcony

The Room

by sim1 Updated Jul 18, 2004

And here is the room. Nice and big, plenty of space, nothing to complain about! In the room there was a little sitting area with a nice LAZZZZY sofa and table, a desk to sit at.... uhhh, make that two desks, LOL, one to write at and another one where you can just look into a big mirror and pretend you look beautiful ;-) There was lots of space to hang up your clothing, a television, mini-fridge, and a nice big modern luxury bathroom. Room service came around twice a day to make sure the room is in tip-top order and if you need, give you more towels.

The room

View from the balcony

by sim1 Updated Jul 18, 2004

The room was great, but the best thing for me was the nice little balcony. I just loved hanging LAZZZZZZILY over the railing and enjoying the views..... or, of course, sit on one of the chairs, have a nice drink beside me, have my feet up against the railing and doing nothing besides listening to the sound of the sea, the wind waving thought the trees and the never ending noises of the cicadas. Life can be sooooo good :-))

In the picture you can see the view from the room towards the pool area. And straight in front of me I could see the sea, the beach and part of the hotel garden.

View from the balcony

The sunset

by sim1 Updated Jul 23, 2004

I was so happy to see the sunset. Many of you might know that the sunset is my favourite moment of the day and I love to take photos of it. But on this trip I was a bit out of luck and this was my first chance to enjoy the sunset. And what a wonderful place to do so! Sitting quiet and LAZZZZY on the beach, just waiting for the sky to turn in all kinds of wonderful colours.

Sunset

The sunset

by sim1 Updated Jul 23, 2004

The sky turns orange, my camera clicks, a sigh, life is wonderful. Amazingly there is hardly anyone on the beach (just like during the day actually). Just wonderful. Listening to the waves, sand creeping between my tows while I LAZZZZILY stroll around, the wonderful colours of the sky..... do I need to say more? No, I don't think so... just look at the photo and imagine to be here.... mmmmmmm

Sunset

Escape the LAZZZZINES?

by sim1 Updated Jul 24, 2004

If you want to escape the LAZZZZINES of the resort, you can make a choice of lots of excursions. There is a little shop where you can book all kinds of daytrips, two-days, a week, or whatever you feel like. There are unlimited possibilities. So you don't need to worry that you are 'locked up' in the resort if that is not your kind of thing. To give an idea of the possibilities you can take a look at all my pages about Sabah, all these trips are possible to book from the resort.

I booked a little daytrip to the islands of Sapi and Gaya. It is all very well organised, nothing you need to worry about yourself. Hahaha, remember.... you are at the LAZZZZY place, they arrange everything for you ;-)
    There is also a pendle-bus going to Kota Kinabalu from the resort about every two hours. If I remember well a return ticket costs 20RM per person.

There are several tour-operators you can choose from to book your trips. Here is a link to one of them Wildlife expeditions where you can find some more info about the excursions.

Monkey on Sapi Island

Where is Karambunai

by sim1 Updated Jul 13, 2004

But before we are going to do anything, let me show you where Karambunai is on the map.
    Karambunai is located on the west side of the State of Sabah (Borneo, Malaysia). Nexus Resort at Karambunai is not that far from the city of Kota Kinabalu; the capital of Sabah. It only takes a LAZZZZY drive of 30 kilometres from Kota Kinabalu to the North East to get to Karambunai.

Map of Sabah

Snack time!

by sim1 Updated Jul 22, 2004

Time to get a nice afternoon snack after all this walking and having fun in the sea. Let's be really LAZZZZZY and order some room service!
    Thr room service was really perfect. It is not cheap, but than again it was only a little more than the restaurant prices, so not that bad either. And mmmmmm, who can't resist some delicious satay! Together with some bread and salad it was a perfect afternoon snack.

Satay (or Satey)

A relaxing afternoon

by sim1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

But it doesn't always have to be stormy weather in the afternoon, it can be beautiful and calm too, like I had on this day. It is wonderful to just walk around and find the perfect bench close to the beach and see the sun LAZZZZILY go down.... it won't be long before the sun will set.

Dessert Monster

by sim1 Updated Jul 23, 2004

Okay..... back to reality.... confession time. Yes, you read the title right.... it's me.... I am a dessert monster! :-)) Hahaha, I just loooove desserts! And they had a really good dessert buffet here. This is not the place for LAZZZZY dessert people, only for the real dessert fans, hahaha, like me :-)

So no need to say that I had to give lots of it a try. It was way too much for me, but it was great to take a little taste of everything. Yummie!

Dessert Monster

• sim1's Profile Photo

A nice drink to top off the evening

by sim1 Updated Jul 23, 2004

How about an after dinner drink? After such a LAZZZZY day and LAZZZZY evening, I think we should end it in a appropriate way. In the lobby lounge 'The Horizon' they have a nice seating area, with lots of LAZZZZY chairs where you can sit down and relax. Just order a drink and listen to the life band. The band called Take 3' plays on most evenings and is really good. Sigh... a perfect end to a perfect LAZZZZZY day :-)

the lobby lounge 'The Horizon'

The trip continues....

by sim1 Updated Jul 24, 2004

So off we are to our next destination.... The trip continues.... I can't be LAZZZZZY all the time :-))

Well I guess this has been a very LAZZZZY page, hahaha, I wonder how many times I have written this word down. But I think I most have broken some kind of record, LOL :-)) If anyone has counted them, please let me know, hahaha, I am toooo LAZZZZY to do that ;-))

The previous leg of my journey was a visit to the Sepilok Orang Utan Cente

The next chapter will be about Kota Kinabalu

I hope you will join me on this virtual trip and enjoy reading my travel stories and see the pictures. For me it has been fantastic to write about my journey because it has made me relive the trip once again :-)

Kota Kinabalu

• sim1's Profile Photo

So why I am here? Honeymoon!

by sim1 Updated Jul 18, 2004

So why am I here? I am on honeymoon! After a wonderful roundtrip on Sabah it was great to have some LAZZZZY days at the Nexus Resort. And... they had a nice surprise for us! When we entered the room this delicious 'congratulations' cake was waiting for us :-)) Yummie! Hahaha, but how did they know I loooooove cake??? LOL ;-)

Congratulations cake :-)

• sim1's Profile Photo

Blue sky.... blue sea....

by sim1 Updated Jul 18, 2004

The hotel is located at the beach, so it is only a LAZZZZZY walk to get there. The sea is beautiful, crystal clear and blue. Together with the beautiful blue sunny sky above is this THE place to be for a couple of hours.

Sea and sunshine

The main obstacle ;-)

by sim1 Updated Jul 18, 2004

The main obstacle before getting to the beach are these 'Morning Glory' flowers. Oh well, I guess I have to be a little less LAZZZZZY and lift up my feet a few centimetres more ;-))

The main obstacle ;-)

Instant Answers: Kampong Karambunai

Comments

Kampong Karambunai Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Kampong Karambunai things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kampong Karambunai sightseeing.

View all Kampong Karambunai hotels