Sabah Tourism Board, Kota Kinabalu
The building began construction in 1916 as a Printing Office from Sandakan.
In 1936, the building was renovated to accommodate the offices of the Treasury, Audit, Bank Agency and Post Office.
In 1945, the Allied bombing raids caused some damage of the building. It was one of the three buildings survive in town after the raids.
After the war, the building accommodated several offices including the Posts and Telecommunications, the Treasury, the Audit, the Town Board, the Resident Office, the District Office and the Attorney General Office.
The Postal Department took over the building as the Kota Kinabalu Post Office until 15th September 1986.
The Ministry of Tourism and Environment Department took over the building on 16th Jun 1987, and later renovated and restored the building to its original appearance to house the Sabah Tourism Promotion Corporation office and to function as a Tourism Information Centre.
This Beautiful colonial building that now hosts the Sabah Tourism Office was built in 1916 to house the Printing Office and later the Treasury, Audit Office, Town Board, the District Office and the Attorney General's Office. Is one of the three colonial constructions that survived allied bombings during World War II. Was fully restored and officially became the Sabah Tourism Building in 1991.
Built in 1916 to house teh Printing Office and later the Treasury, Audit Office, Town Board, the District Office and the Attorney General's Office. This is one of only three buildings still standing after Allied bombings at the end of WWII. After being fully restored, it was gazetted as a heritage building and officially became the Sabah Tourism Building in 1991 and now serves as a Tourist Information Centre.
The KK city / street map is FOC but a Sabah map will cost you RM2.00. Leaflets of other major languages are available on the shelf. The staff at the counter are friendly to give you many helpful tips.
This building, in Jalan Gaya, is a historic heritage listed building.
It was built in 1916to house the printing office and later the treasury. It was one of only 3 buildings left standing after the bombing in WW2
The tourism office here is also very helpful to tourists, so go inside and browse and ask those questions.