Pulau Selingan What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Pulau Selingan

Suntan oil, mosquito oil

Toiletries and Medical Supplies:
    An island.... sea.... lots of sunshine! No need to say that you should bring some good suntan oil with you to protect your skin.
    A nasty surprise on the beach can be the sand flies! Eeks! They actually chased me off the beach as they were biting so much. So some mosquito oil is very much recommended over here!

Miscellaneous:
    Although the uses of torchlight is limited while on the beach with the turtles, it is a good thing to have with you!
    There is no light on the island, so it is very handy to have when trying to find your way back to your room in the evening. You are also allowed to use it while following the ranger on the way to the turtle, but you have to turn it off as soon as you get here.

Under water camera

Photo Equipment:
    Turtle Island means swimming and snorkelling. So an underwater camera might be a fun idea to have with you! I had fun using it and being able to make some pictures I otherwise never could have taken.

Electrical appliances

Rectangular blade plug

Miscellaneous:
    With all this digital equipment it is important to have fully charged batteries all the time! And I have to say that went perfectly during my trip.

In Malaysia they use 240 volts and 50 Hz. It is a rectangular blade plug (see picture)

Beware : an adapter by itself will not change the electrical voltage. You must be sure that your appliance can handle different voltages (either automatically or through a voltage switch). If it can't, you will need a voltage converter.

Photo Equipment:
    Two things that are a must in my travel bag and that is my digital camera and my new 'toy' the X's-Drive Pro (a portable hard disk)

This has been the first trip I took the X's Drive Pro with me and I am amazed by it! I don't think I want to travel ever again without it, LOL :-))
    This little gadget is a portable hard drive where I can store all my digital pics on while I travel. No chances of running out of memory card anymore. No more thinking if I 'should' or 'shouldn't' take a picture, because the memory card is running full. It has a capacity of around 40,000 pictures that I can store, hahaha, and that is more than enough.... even for me ;-)
    The use is easy which is a great advantage. It only takes a few minutes to upload the photos from the digital camera. It has a rechargeable battery, so you don't need to be plugged in to the electricity net to use it. And all I need to be taking care of during my travels, is keeping the batteries charged of this wonderful thingy and of my digital camera :-)

Miscellaneous:
    I did bring my SLR camera along to Selingan Island, but I preferred to use my digital in this case. I always make a choice between my digital camera and SLR depending on the place I visit, things to see, situation and light.

Pro's for the digital: it is quicker to grab, cheaper in use as I don't need to develop the film, endless memory space so I can take as many pics as I want, much more light sensitive than my SLR which is an enormous pro during bad light conditions as I had while taking pics of the turtles.

Pro's for the SLR: Better with moving objects, zooming-in, making close-ups, macro photos and in general: better quality of photos when I do see a good photo opportunity (much more options on this camera, so I can compose the photo the way I want it).

The lack of light during the evening and the option of clicking endless photos without any extra costs made me go for the digital over here.

Instant Answers: Pulau Selingan

Comments

Pulau Selingan What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Pulau Selingan what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pulau Selingan sightseeing.

View all Pulau Selingan hotels