Pulau Selingan Things to Do

• Lizards patrolling the hatchery perimeter
    Lizards patrolling the hatchery...
    by DSwede
    At Selingan beach
    by Pieter11
    A crab on the beach
    by Pieter11

Most Recent Things to Do in Pulau Selingan

The Beautiful Under Water World

The Beautiful Underwater World

The current was quite strong which made staying close to the boat very difficult. As I am not the 'best' of swimmers, hahaha, and certainly not the 'best' of snorkellers, this was quite worrying. So for a while I just hang on to the boat and looked down, admiring the coral and the many wonderful fish swimming around. This was my first time really looking at the 'Under Water World' and I was amazed by it. So beautiful!
    After a while we went back to the beach and did some snorkelling from there. Hahaha, I didn't improve my skills, the water was just as salt here, but at least the current was not as strong :-))

• sim1's Profile Photo

Yes, this is salt water! :-)

The Beautiful Under Water World

Believe it or not, this was my first time going snorkelling. Hahaha, and I can confess that I am definitely NOT the snorkelling queen, LOL :-)) The first dip under water meant the first gulp of salt water as well, hahaha, not a good start. But slowly I started to enjoy it more and more. Looking down on the sea bottom was amazing!

Snorkel time!

Snorkel Time!

If you want, you can rent snorkel gear on the island. I rented mine on Libaran Island and it didn't cost too much. I think it was about 10 Malaysian Ringgets. You can't rent any special gear though for when you wear glasses. So in that case make sure you bring your own, if you have of course.

The Beautiful Underwater World

Beautiful Under Water World

Before we started snorkelling we made a little tour with a glass-bottom boat. So even the ones that couldn't go snorkelling could take a look at the amazing colours and life of the sea bottom.

• sim1's Profile Photo

Checking in.... and off again....

Accommodations on Selingan Island

We have arrived at Selingan. A quick check in at our accommodation; no time to waste. The room is very simple, but good enough. Hahaha, no time to look around anyway, we are off again in a few minutes. A bit rushed we changed into our bathing clothes. All we need it is towels, and some energy.... We are not to stay on Selingan Island for long, we are going on a short snorkelling trip this afternoon. Hurry.... hurry..... the boat is waiting! :-)

Where is Turtle Island Park

Map of Sabah

Turtle Island Park is in the eastern part of Sabah (Borneo, Malaysia) in the Sulu Sea. It is only 40 minutes by boat from Sandakan, the main city on the east coast of Sabah. Selingan Island is part of the Turtle Island Park, a Marine Park consisting of a series of three islands: Selingan, Bakungan Kecil and Gulisan.

Map of Selingan Island

Map of Selingan Island

Selingan Island is part of the Turtle Island Park. It is only a tiny island, most of the island is taken up with the buildings for the staff, and some accommodations for the guests. And as you maybe can see on the map, there is not room for much else on this tiny island. It's main feature? The nice sandy beach that surrounds the island; the territory of the turtles at night :-)

Instant Answers: Pulau Selingan

Comments

Pulau Selingan Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Pulau Selingan things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pulau Selingan sightseeing.

View all Pulau Selingan hotels