Places to eat in State of Sabah

Kedai Kopi Yuan Li, KK
    Kedai Kopi Yuan Li, KK

Most Viewed Restaurants in State of Sabah

• hanspeter_W.'s Profile Photo

jungle park at lahad datu: amazing delicious food and drinks

by hanspeter_W. Written Mar 23, 2011

jungle park restaurant at lahad Datu serves huge choice of seafood, local food and western food for very reasonable prices..has also big choice of drinks with very friendly service
    one of best valuable restaurants i ever been
    beside nice look from balcony to the busy little town

Favorite Dish: definitiv all kind of seafood

Sepilok Rehab Center Cafeteria: Good food

by kyoub Written Mar 19, 2009

There is a cafeteria located at the Sepilok Rehab Center. They serve breakfast, sandwiches, ice cream and drinks. There are a few tables in the cafeteria which may fill up during busy times. During these times some food may sell out as well.

Favorite Dish: We lucked out for getting a table for lunch. Our dish of fish with ginger served over white rice was very good.

• Jungle and Rain Forest

Gayana Resort Restaurant: Good fish curry

by kyoub Updated Mar 18, 2009

The Gayana Resort restaurant,located on Palau Gaya, is in a round building that sits on stilts out at the end of the walkway.
    I loved sitting at the table in the restaurant watching all the little colorful fish swim by.
    The breakfast buffet was included in our room fee and it was quite good.

Favorite Dish: We especially liked the fish and seafood curries.

Cafe Promenade: Great buffet

by kyoub Written Mar 16, 2009

We found the food at the Cafe Promenade inside the Promenade Hotel, very good.
    That is where we ate breakfast and dinner during our stay at the hotel.

Favorite Dish: On the nights that we were there, they were having a nightly buffet called the harvest festival.
    The buffet filled one room and had everything from the Borneo area.
    I am not sure what a lot of it was but it was most all very good.
    The dessert was in another room and we missed it.

Johty's Banana Leaf Restaurant: Vegetarian

by kyoub Updated Mar 16, 2009

This is a great place to get some good curries and a dosa. Food is served on a banana leaf. They are located in the Api-Api Center.
    There is an internet cafe across the hall from the restaurant.

Mc Donald: Fast Food

by denna Written Sep 21, 2007

I like Mc Donalds for most of its burgers. .You can find this restaurant in Centre Point, Api api centre and on the way to Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS).This pic is also a drive thru MC D

Favorite Dish: My favourite are Fillet O Fish and Cheese Burger

Teh C Ping

by denna Written Sep 20, 2007

Teh C PING i think i one of the most famous drink in Sabah. It's basically tea with an evaporated milk. Normal Tea is made with condensed milk. PING is a term for ICE or cold..o your tea will be served with ice. Cost only RM1.20 and RM1.70 for ping. Another famous drink is CHINESE TEH PING

Kuo Man: Noodle

by denna Updated Sep 20, 2007

For the local, i think this is the most expensive place for noodle.Anyway, if you don't mind small portion bust fresh prawn and fish with your noodle.you can give it a try. Located at Jalan Tuaran.Sunny Garden

Favorite Dish: Noodle soup with prawn. do not be confused with prawn noodle.There's a nice prawn noodle coffee shop in Luyang

• copthat's Profile Photo

KK Markets/ Tanjung Aru Beach: Hawker Food.

by copthat Written Nov 26, 2006

The Hawker food we tried at both KK market next to Wharf area and at Tanjung Aru beach area was fantastic. Cooked fresh in front of you it was unbelievable. And so cheap, u could have rice or noodles, soup, honey basted chicken wings/ fresh corn all for about 3 - 4 aussie dollars. The hawker centres are full of locals and u become the tourist attraction. Everyone is friendly and so helpful. We ate nearly every night at the centres and never once got crook. So give it a go.

Favorite Dish: At the Tanjung Beach area the fresh corn on the cob was the best. I think from memory, 40 cents. At the KK market, they have this batter with veges and chicken inside that they cook in front of you and serve with chilli sauce. Not sure what is was called but you cannot miss them. They cost about 70cents.
    They also sell a sweet bread made with batter, sugar and crushed peanuts...beautiful.

• hennanights's Profile Photo

Turtle Island's resturant: Not so tasty

by hennanights Updated Jul 23, 2006

The food that was included in our Turtle Island stay was awful and very over priced. We were given a chicken dish that was so tough we were all fighting to get it off the bone. The poor guy sitting next to me found that once he got it in his month he could not chew it to swallow. I didn't expect a banquet but considering the price it could have been nicer. There is a shop but it only sells coke or beer. There is no other food so I suggest you bring some snacks unless of course your into tough chicken!

• National/State Park

• hennanights's Profile Photo

Kota Kinabalu National park resturant: Eating in the clouds

by hennanights Updated Apr 19, 2006

The park has a great little restaurant at the entrance to the park. You can get simple but delicious meals. They do a few meat dishes, soup, fried rice and a selection of western meals which were not so good. You can also buy chocolate, cakes and drinks. The restaurant has a wilderness cabin feel to it with a lovely balcony that over looks the park. The staff are very friendly.

Favorite Dish: I recommend the soup which was really good. . It is a great way to get fluids back into your after all that trekking through the forest.

• Jungle and Rain Forest

• Firestar24's Profile Photo

Coast: Perfect food from any part of the World

by Firestar24 Updated Nov 10, 2005

Everyone knows Malaysian people love their food and are extremely proud of their cullinary talent - and those who aren't aware will be quickly informed. On the plane to KL our pilot exclaimed "if there was an Olympic medal for Food, Malaysia would take it home every time."
    Order anything - from any part of the World in this restaurant and I guarantee that it will be cooked, presented and served perfectly. Coast restaurant is situated on the beach front at the environmently sound Rasa Ria Resort - a 5 star hotel 30 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu.

Take a winding decorated path through expertly landscaped tropical gardens to this secluded beachfront restaurant. Coast has a modern, marine style, with aqua blue lighting luminating from huge jellyfish which swim from the ceiling and cool live jazz and blues to set the mood - It's all very romantic

Favorite Dish: Ever the sweet girl - I'm going to have to say my favourite dish was the Mud Pie I had to finish. Although the entire meal was..... beyond words.... this finished the evening perfectly. I've never tasted anything with this texture before - It was like eating cool silk, melting but solid and unbelievably smooth....

I'll truly never forget this meal.

• Luxury Travel

• sim1's Profile Photo

Kari Laksa

by sim1 Updated Mar 22, 2005

On the wall of the restaurant we could see the menu. There were 35 different dishes to choose from, hahaha, but unfortunately I had no clue what they were when reading the menu. Some I recognized again, or at least parts of it, so that gave me a bit of a clue what it would be.

With a little bit of guess work and some tips of our guide, I choose for the Kari Laksi and Åke had a Nasi Asam Pedas. The food costs next to nothing here. Each dish cost about 3,50 - 4,00 RM, that is about 0,80 Euro or 1 USD. No money at all for some good tasting food!

• sim1's Profile Photo

Roadside restaurant in Seguliud

by sim1 Updated Mar 22, 2005

Finally lunchtime! Wow, I was glad to get out of that bus for a while. I am on my daytrip from Mount Kinabalu to the east coast of Sabah, all in all a day in the bus to get to our end distination. We stopped at a little roadside restaurant in the village of Seguliud.

The original plan was that we should have a lunch pack with us, so we could eat somewhere along the way. But we all voted for going to a roadside restaurant, so we could eat some Malay food instead. And I didn't regret that! The restaurant was a typical small place for travellers, nothing much to look at. But the food tasted good and it was fun to try out some different dishes.

• Spa and Resort
    • Luxury Travel

• HeidiR's Profile Photo

Tropicana in Poring hot springs

by HeidiR Written Dec 22, 2004

Most people will go to Poring Hot springs after they have climbed Mount Kinabalu for nice relaxing hot baths to ease their aching muscles. On our second night in Poring we went to a resterant called Tropicana. The food was absolutely fantastic. I had the tastiest sweet and sour fish I have ever tasted. everyone else in the group enjoyed their meals and their was about 10 of us. The downside like alot of places in borneo there were big bugs flying in the resterant, the size of small birds.

State of Sabah Hotels

27 Reviews - 77 Photos
Papar Hotels
10 Reviews - 65 Photos

Instant Answers: State of Sabah

Comments

State of Sabah Restaurants

Reviews and photos of State of Sabah restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for State of Sabah sightseeing.
Map of State of Sabah