Taman Negara Favorites

the river is alive!
    by Wild_Orchid
  • At the foot of a giant tree with our guide
    At the foot of a giant tree with our...
    by bpacker
    Taman Negara map
    by arezeo

Most Recent Favorites in Taman Negara

• js77's Profile Photo

hiring the guide

by js77 Written Apr 29, 2006

Favorite thing: Although some of the paths are easy to go by yourself I advise you to take the guide for even shorter hikes. The guide showed us the snake above our heads which we would miss if we would go without a guide.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

Sparkles of sunlight on the Water & Reflections...

by Wild_Orchid Updated Aug 2, 2005

the river is alive!

Favorite thing: The river has a life of its own. As a city girl, I had never encountered something so lively and beautiful, with a hint of danger as this river. I enjoyed the "inconvinience" of having to take a boat to get to places. I enjoyed watching the river sparkle when the sun-light touched upon its surfaces. The way the light made the river look different in the morning as compared to in the evenings.

Reflections:
    How peaceful it looked, and yet, I reflected on how difficult life must be for the villagers and orang asli who lived off the land. When nature is encroached upon by civilisation, how would the indigenous people of the jungle survive in the long term?

Fondest memory:
    Meeting up with Long Lost Friends and Colleagues
    There are various types of boats and the one we were on, could take up to four people, excluding the boat man. I sat on one of them and from my vantage point, I could see all my colleagues around me, in little boats. We don't meet often, as we are located at various branches throughout Malaysia. In front, and at the back, when I saw someone I knew from a previous company trip, we would wave at one another with great joy and delight. How lovely to catch up with old friends, when on holiday!

Delighting in nature
    I felt a sense of delight in being able to take in nature at its best, knowing that the jungle was alive all around me. The sound of noisy insects, curious birds crying out to one another, and river teeming with fresh water fish, whose fins glinted as they darted in the river.

• Jungle and Rain Forest
    • National/State Park
    • Eco-Tourism

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Try and go on a packaged deal

by bpacker Written Jan 27, 2005

At the foot of a giant tree with our guide

Favorite thing: Honestly, this place can be fun if you're do all the jungle activities with a big group of people and a good guide. Doing it by yourself can be quite a hassle and it'll turn out to be a more expensive affair.

Fondest memory: You can contact www.tahan.com.my for a good package deal at reasonable prices. Our 3d4n deal (full board+ all tours you see on this page)came up to roughly USD120 or so.

• arezeo's Profile Photo

Taman Negara Trail map

by arezeo Written Aug 26, 2003

Taman Negara map

Favorite thing: It's hard to get a complete trail map of Taman Negara from the brochures. Even the Taman Negara HQ is not that helpful. You can find this similar map from the Nusa River Bus counter. This map is helpful to assist you in planning your itinerary. From the map also you can know the distance between places.

• National/State Park

• Enzymed's Profile Photo

Crossing the river..oops somebody fell

by Enzymed Written Mar 29, 2003

Fondest memory: It requires technique to cross a river with ebb currents, lugging a 15kg haversack on your back. One wrong step and in the water you go, not forgetting risking the items in your haversacks getting wet

The art of balancing yourself with the walking stick,,,,,

• Study Abroad
    • Hiking and Walking

• Enzymed's Profile Photo

Caught !

by Enzymed Written Mar 29, 2003

Fondest memory: As I was the first to cross the treacherous river unscathed, i immediately took out my camera and prepared to snap anyone wasn't that sure footed...and I need not have to wait long......

• Camping
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Taman Negara

Comments

Taman Negara Favorites

Reviews and photos of Taman Negara favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Taman Negara sightseeing.