Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur

Know about this? Rate It!

• Bukit Bintang
    by dragontml
  • draguza's Profile Photo

BINTANG WALK

by draguza Written Sep 30, 2012

Favorite thing: KL has it all when it comes to shopping. Walk down the Bukit Bintang strip in the Golden Triangle, a mind-boggling shrine to designer consumerism with every imaginable label, from Armani to Zegna. There's Starhill and Pavilion KL for top end designer wear. For all your cosmetic needs, the newly opened Sephora KL is the answer. They carry a wide range of makeup and beauty brands not typically found elsewhere. Also, visit mid-priced malls such as Fahrenheit 88, Sungei Wang Plaza, Bukit Bintang Plaza and Berjaya Times Square for quirky fashion finds. Pop into the first floor at Sungei Wang Plaza – you'll find a fashion gallery dedicated to the city's top designers. Spot the creations of Melinda Looi, William Lew and Daniel Cho. For computers and electronic gadgets, there's Low Yat Plaza and Imbi Plaza. Keep an eye out for renowned local designers whose creations sizzle. Pop into the boutiques of Zang Toi, Rizalman Ibrahim and Bernand Chandran for an exquisitely tailored ensemble. Most also offer off-the rack evening gowns, dresses, shirts and jackets.

• Kuala Lumpur - Bukit Bintang and Melaka

by sweetmm Written Mar 21, 2011

Favorite thing: Halo !

I hope my answers below will be great guide for your plan trip to Malaysia!

Question1-Answer:
    KLIA/LCCT shuttle transfers
    For those arriving at KLIA and require transfers to LCCT , take the glass lifts to the 2nd level and from there take the escalators down to the bottom level where the bus terminal is located. There are vans/buses leaving for LCCT (Low Cost Carrier Terminal) every 20minutes from platform10. The fare costs only RM1.50 and take 20minutes travel time.
    For those arriving at LCCT and require transfers to KLIA, the vans/buses are located outside the arrival hall. The bus/van leaves every 20minutes. The fare costs only RM1.50 and take 20minutes travel time. Operation time : 5.30am until 12.00midnight
    For more info, visit the website: http://www.journeymalaysia.com/ptalccklia.htm

Question2Answer:
    Yes, it is possible provided you start your day early.
    Weekday, let say 9am and first to Batu Caves.

Question3Answer:
    I would recommend A’Farmosa as it is in Melaka, the historic place.
    122.1 kilometres (75.87 miles) is the distance between Kuala Lumpur and A Famosa that is in Melaka. About one hour car drive.

Moreover, you can visit Melaka historical places that is Perigi Hang Tuah, Christ Church, St John’s Fort, Stadhuys, Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum

For more info, visit the website: http://www.malacca.ws/attractions/placestovisit.htm

Question4-Answer:
    Putrajaya is a planned city, located south of Kuala Lumpur, that serves as the federal administrative centre of Malaysia. The seat of government was shifted in 1999 from Kuala Lumpur due to the overcrowding and congestion there.

For more info, visit the website:

Question5-Answer:
    Quite a number of veg food available – indian and chinese veg are available.

Question6-Answer:
    Hotels are plenty in Bukit Bintang area.
    All depends on your budget from 2 stars to 5 stars hotel.
    To name a few:

Happy Planning. Cheers!

• putri_jogja's Profile Photo

Stay In Budget Hostel

by putri_jogja Updated Apr 22, 2010

Favorite thing: I used to stay at Pujangga Homestay. It is very nice hostel. And clean also. Good location in Bukit Bintang. Walking distant to MRT Station.
    here is the website.

• Great People - Good Fun

by FinnA Written Dec 28, 2009
    Soft Shell Crab

Favorite thing: I love meeting the Malaysian people. They always seem so interested to meet me and know about me. I felt welcome from the get go. And there are like so many different types... the Chinese, the Malay, the Indians.....

Fondest memory: I met a couple of guys in this massive shopping mall called Pavilion ( I approached them for directions ), we got to talking and had coffee together. They told all the Dos and Donts, where to go what to eat....
    Then they invited me to dinner. We went to this place called Moussandra, the place was awesome, like in old Spain or something. We had a bunch of Tapas dishes (loved the taste YUMMMMM) and talked till they closed. It was my best day of my trip. Lovely people - Great ambience and great food.

• nezz's Profile Photo

LOADS TO DO IN KL

by nezz Updated Mar 12, 2008

Favorite thing: My family stayed 5 days in KL back in 2006. I booked our airfares on-line but booked the Dorsett Regency (WHICH IS SITUATED AT THE START OF THE BUKIT BINTANG WALK) with our travel agent as she could get us the best price (we needed 2 rooms). They are one of the cheaper hotels in a good location close to restaurants and shopping centres. I'd found out some other cheap hotels you see promoted weren't as good for location or were a little tired. The swimming pool is small & half in the shade but as I don't like my children getting sunburnt that's ok with me. Buffet breakfast was sufficient for our needs but did not vary day to day. Just outside the hotel is a taxi stand & fares aren't too bad in KL. Up the road is the KL monorail station which is a great way to get to china town, but also as it is elevated my children enjoyed the ride with a view. Just down the road is Berjaya Times Square a MASSIVE shopping complex with a theme park full of rides in the Roof no less (www.timessquarekl.com/themepark.html) All of the local shopping centres have food courts so you can enjoy malaysian while your child can have Kenny Rogers chicken or Domino's just ask for no chilli sauce as that may cause a burnt mouth. Mind you most restaurants have western food on the menu and my daughter really enjoys the rice and noodle dishes . You can go to the TWIN Towers but go early they start queuing before the 9am opening you can then select a time later that day. Next door is a wonderful park with a water fountain play pool about 12 inches deep so bring your child's bathers & towel & they can splash around while you wait. There is also a shopping centre with a good supermarket near the Towers too. From KL there are many day tours to take but we managed to fill 5 days just in KL itself. Enjoy KL we did & can't wait to go back. Sandra

Fondest memory: THE VIEW FROM THE TWIN TOWERS & MY HUSBAND ACCIDENTLY ORDERING THE TUNA PIZZA FROM DOMINOS THAT HAD CHILLI SAUCE ON THE BASE NOT TOMATO SAUCE. STEAM WAS COMING OUT OF HIS EARS.

• Theme Park Trips