Menara Telecommunications Tower, Kuala Lumpur

Know about this? Rate It!

• view from observatory, Batu cave is far at right
    view from observatory, Batu cave is far...
    Wen, Hui, Dad in tower
    city center
  • yatingchen's Profile Photo

Kuala Lumpur Tower

by yatingchen Written Feb 24, 2007

TV Telecom tower

Favorite thing: The best observatory in Kuala Lumpur and there offers Chinese guide. (various languages are available) There are totally 12 spots for observation. One can view Batu cave in distance, twin towers and city center.

• Business Travel

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo

I CAN TOUCH THE SKY......

by black_mimi99 Written May 19, 2006

KL tower - mi's

Favorite thing: Standing boldly atop Bukit Nanas, Menara Kuala Lumpur (421 metres) is the fourth tallest telecommunication tower in the world.
    Surrounding the towers is Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve, an area of 9.37 hectares located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city.
    I’m so enjoy the view of the city from the observation deck, I can see so close till can see inside the room of the hotel.

Artistic Touch
    Discover dome shape arches decorated with glass that illuminates like giant diamonds arranged according to the form of the traditional Islamic “Muqarnas”, from Esfahan, Iran.
    The “Muqarnas” can be seen at the lobby entrance.

• Tricky Menara

by momossa Written Nov 23, 2004

Favorite thing: If you are at Petronas towers and want to visit Menara Kuala Lumpor you will find that it looks very near to walk to. But the tricky part is there is no short cut to the Menara from the Petronas towers as far I know and yu have to take a long walk around the tower which itself is on top of a hill.
    I bet you will loose some weight while going up to the tower entrance on foot.
    Better take a taxi to save time and effort.

• Architecture

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

Menara

by cheekymarieh Updated Jan 1, 2003

Trying To Bring The Tower Crashing Down

Favorite thing: Menara Tower was top of my list of places to visit. If there is a tall point in any town or city that I visit I try my best to go up to the top.

When I arroved in the city, this was the first place I headed to. I am eternally thankful that I did because after I had done a full circuit of the tower's viewing points, the clouds began to cover the tower. Some of the views of the city from the tower were magnificent.

• Visit KL Tower. KL Tower is a...

by jin_jin Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit KL Tower. KL Tower is a new sign for Kuala Lumpur besides Petronas Twin Tower. You can see the whole KL city in the KL Tower. There is a restaurant in this tower but the food is not really good and also expensive. If you think want to have a romantic dinner then think about it.

• Audrey118's Profile Photo

KL Tower

by Audrey118 Written Sep 2, 2002

Fondest memory: I went there with my brother and his friend. It was just something to do after our Japanese meal in Shangri La Hotel during a lazy Sunday. We walked from the hotel in the blazing sun, and cursed all the way up the steep slope. When we reached there, there was a queue for the tickets.... sigh!!!

But as soon as we got our tickets, we joined the queue to get up. While at the lift lobby, lookout above you, as there is marvelous small tiled framing the ceiling which is done traditionally in a historic Iranian style. Very ornate and mystifying.

When you get up there, we walked around the entire place. Becos we grew up in the city, we could pick out our school, Convent Bukit Nanas and St John's Institution. To our amusement, we were now able to see into parts of the school which were not within our access as students yonks ago. And then we looked at direction of our home, our past homes in the city. It was nostalgic. If you grew up in the city - you must do these with your pals. I did it with my best friend whom I knew since I was 6 years old -

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo

See From Here...

by black_mimi99 Written May 19, 2006

View from S.wang and Low Yat Plaza - mi's

Favorite thing: I stay in Bukit Bintang, and i can see this tower, i go to Low Yat and Sungei Wang Plaza, more can see it.... really Diamond on the sky.

Instant Answers: Kuala Lumpur