Beach Club Café, Kuala Lumpur

97 Jalan P Ramlee +60 3 2166 9919

Know about this? Rate It!

KL Beach club
    KL Beach club
    The Thai cowboy pub KL
  • dragontml's Profile Photo

Beach Club: KL...

by dragontml Updated Jan 9, 2004

Some ppl tells me that it's more of a pick-up joint these days...have not been there for a very long time now. They use to play music from the 80's and then it slowly changes to house / techno later in the nite...

Wear a white top and see what happends ! ;-)

• cokes's Profile Photo

Beach Club Café: A nice night out but...

by cokes Updated Aug 4, 2006

I went out walking in KL one night , hope to catch up with some night life. Anyway I found myself in Jalan P Ramlee and there was quiet a few places that look like it was happening. Anyway I saw the Beach club looked all packed and rocking and descided to check it out. The music there is hip hop and I won`t forget the shark swimming in the tank there next to the dance floor which was kinda neat. The funny thing I saw these older Australian men with some beautiful young ladies. I thought these guys knew there way when it came to charming ladies until I had my own encouter with these Filipina ladies acting all friendly and hoping you pay them to have sex with them. Ok now I see what was happening here , why all those older men had all these young women. Other than that its not a bad place , yet I found drinks to be expensive. I notice alot of Foreigners hanging out here.

Dress Code: Come as you are.

Outsidde the Beach Club

• austarman's Profile Photo

Beach Club Café: Have a Beach club party

by austarman Updated Feb 3, 2010

This is a great little club with live music and a good disco and dance floor and a big reputation.
    The music can be a little old Skool to start with and a little bit too much R & B for my liking but it did improve as the night went on and there certainly was plenty to look at!
    Lots of Philo, Thai and Indonesian ladies were quite keen to say hi to me while i was there!
    They have tanks above the bar with miniature sharks and fish and a grass thatched roof to give a real beach bar feel.
    If you get a cab there the driver will probably chuckle and say something like "Oh you want to look for lady" Mine did.

Dress Code: Anything you like although there seems to be business people and ex-pats there that dress respectable.
    Long trousers or jeans for the guys.

KL Beach club Rainy night at the beach club caf'e Bar. The Thai cowboy pub KL KL Beach club
    • Music
    • Beer Tasting

• vinc_bilb's Profile Photo

Beach Club Café: Wow: Pirates, sharks, so hot

by vinc_bilb Updated Feb 7, 2008

A famous place, crazy after midnight. NOT FOR FAMILY
    Great music (live + DJ's) but too high, expensive.
    Don't think (like me!), that the nice friendly ladies interests are based only your sex appeal or cultural exchanges! Speaking is difficult (music) and some contacts could be made through cell phone. A lot of girls (Thai, Vietnam, Philippines) very nice and friendly, fair, some are classy. No pb saying no. Some tourists are not so fair.
    Dansing is difficult (too much peoples !). Closed from beachclub, in the street, some boy/girls (I'm not sure !)

Dress Code: Casual

• XLH's Profile Photo

Beach Club Café: The current hip place to be - 14092004

by XLH Written Sep 19, 2004

It is the current hippest spot to be seen at. And the nght we were there, it was a Tuesday and still seemed like it was a full house.
    They play the current rock/pop hits as well as 90's music.
    It is just a 5 minute walk from the Menara KL.

Dress Code: Seemed to me like there wasn't any strict dress code enforced, so smart casual should do.

• Beer Tasting

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Beach Club: "Social" Bar

by BorneoGrrl Updated Apr 25, 2006

Chances are, should you ask where is a popular nightspot in KL, 9 out of 10 times, a local will say "the Beach Club!". Currently THE most popular nightspot in KL, the Beach Club is constantly packed with up & coming yuppies, teen wanabees, expatriates and street-walkers. Situated at along Jalan P Ramlee, it is more innocent looking & quiet during the day time. Following the theme, the exterior of the building is predominantly wood & dried grass. Inside, a tank with swimming sharks looks over the bar and the dance floor. If you're a solo guy, don't be surprised when you get approached by girls who are "into you". If you like, better have your $$ ready. The music, in my opinion, is so-so and the socialising that goes on in the club is the main activity & attraction here

The Beach Club exterior
    • Business Travel

• RheaKing's Profile Photo

Beach Club: Get Hot Here!

by RheaKing Written Jul 29, 2003

One of the must go club if you ever step foot in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia..it's right in middle of the city on popular tourist area..very close to Petronas Twin Tower..world tallest building..
    Open 7 days a week with non stop crowd and fun...best to go during weekdays ..Sunday-Thursday.....weekend is impossible to move around......mixture of all ethnic and nationalities..locals,tourist,expat,'working girls'.....

Dress Code: Come as you are..
    Dress as you wish but avoid looking like slob..if you want to get some attention around..

• Beach Club Café: Things about Beach Club and nightclubs

by deeyja Written Jun 21, 2010

I do not reckon Beach Club as the best place to hang out. Its not classy at all and it all spoilt because of those prostitutes. I suggest you could go to 7atenine at The Ascott, or Sky Bar at Traders Hotel, or Luna Bar. If you're gay, you could try out Frangipani, I just love the place everyone is so friendly esp when you're celebrating your birthday (I was so wasted people kept buying me champagne and stuff). Or you can try Hard Rock Cafe, or Borneo at Sunway. They have few different bars an Jalan Doraisamy, but mostly college students will go there. Where else? You could try out Deluxe and Ampang Park (well thats my favourite place to hang out). But its expensive, if you could pay rm2000 with great service, this is the place you should go. Its a karaoke, with private/VIP rooms which can accomodate up to 20 people for the biggest room. You can bring your cd collection, and turn it into a private party/club. You can put youtr cellphone and drinks everywhere, dont worry, the waitor/waitress will take care of it for you.

Dress Code: Luna Bar/Sky bar : no jeans, no slippers

The rest : casual, no slippers

• Music

• Beach Club Café: Waste of Time

by mac85 Written Sep 6, 2010

Have heard a lot about this place and ventured there after the Thai Club (across the road) could only manage to sell hot beers. Pricey to get in RM 40 and with one complimentary drink...the beer is their choice and tastes like the proverbial. Place is full of whores and they pester you. The only people hanging out here are old men and fools who think it is cool to have prostitutes all over them. Over the top on prices and boring. Take your money elsewhere - the Thai Club was only RM 18 to get in with the complimentary drink and you can choose your beer. I went back there and bought a bucket of Tiger and waited until they cooled down in the ice. Didnt even wait to finish the rubbish which was mandatory at the Beach Club. Yes there are hookers at the Thai Club but if you tell them you are not interested they move on quickly. Many bars and eateries next to the Sheraton Hotel, Asian Heritage Walk. This little street is better value for your money and better selection. I did enjoy Mojo's there and I have been told the Sunday Beer Terrace is also very good.

Dress Code: Not at the Beach Club only money is the dress of the day and they dont care how they lie and cheat to get that from you.

• Beach Club Café: warnings

by quantzie Written Jun 29, 2009

A place to go if you are not comfortable hanging out with locals and want to pick up prostitutes (usually from the phillipines). If you're there, walk down the road...there are plently of other spots where you can go in and enjoy while mixing with the local crowd.

• Beach Club Café/ Thai Club: Great Fun

by Ewcia_AZ Written Apr 15, 2005

Beach Club is located right in the centre of KL , very busy and laud hot place. Its worth coming but after some minutes you might feel a little bit aqward with all foreigners hanging out ( not only ) with as Malay people say- Philipines girls. Besides it is increadibly hot and humid in there.
    We dont have to go far away from Beach club to find a fantastic atmosphere with residences dancing everywhere where is possible!! That place is just opposite beach club , and its called Thai club! I recommend in 100% you will have fun there!

Dress Code: no dress code

• Beach Club Café: Night Comes Once in lifetime

by Akadolsu Written Mar 28, 2015

Year 2011 February I had visited 2 Nights in Beach Club Cafe. My 1st. Night was Sunday. It was Crowded. Spent time with Beer & Dancing paying Rm 35. So many ladies came to me for Company but I refused to accept. Left the Cafe in Midnight. Next day also I had visited the same. It was a Entry free day. So I had not paid anything to enter the Cafe. At the time drinking Beer, the Bar asking the Money again after I paid it. During the confrontation with the Bar Tender One Lady sitting beside me suddenly started to supported me along with her friends, because he had observed that I had paid the price of Beer. And the matter had been resolved and I have given thanks all of them to supported me and Introduced myself. During introduction I came to know they are Pines (Philippines). Our friendship began on that moment, then I have shared my Beer & Food for with them. After 2hrs. Suddenly I had proposed the Lady to spent a Night with me (who had fought for with the Bar Tender). Then & there she agreed to spent whole night with me. We spent a beautiful night. Next morning she left the room with Lot of promises. Next three days I was busy in Seminar. Fourth day I called her with her best friend. We met in the Evening. Done Marketing and then went to Hotel Room. In a King Size bed we three spent a memorable Night with Wine, Snacks & Unlimited Sex. So I never forget the place like this. They don't have any demand. What ever Rm I have with me I have given them and left Kuala lumpur with a beautiful memories.

Dress Code: Causal.

• perseushermes's Profile Photo

Beach Club Café: The Nightlife begins

by perseushermes Updated Sep 5, 2005

While there are many places to go at night, your first stop must be here. A varied bunch (loads) of people having a good time. Music wise, depending on the master DJ which has no fixed preference

Dress Code: NO shorts please

• Beach Club Café: Beach & Sharks & Music's

by kelvindj Written Aug 17, 2007

after living abroad(china) for 8 years and my first time back to malaysia i went to kl for holidays,day times we went for sight seeing and had lots of my favaourite foods(yummyyyyy).what bout nite? where shall we go? (was asking my frens).and they said:hey let us take u to the beach with sharks swimming there ya! WHAT????? i got a SHOCKED! K.L got Beach and Sharks???????? then only i realize tat was one of the good nightspot in town and i was enjoyin myself with the beach and the sharks and oso the musics.so by end of this year im coming up soon my own nightspot in china like beach club kl. drops me sum messages and more ideas ya !

• AnttiPeltonen's Profile Photo

Beach Club Café: Clubbing

by AnttiPeltonen Written Sep 14, 2005

Not everyone liked this place ´cause of "all the tourists" but for me meeting some europeans was not so unpleasant. Cheap drinks once You get in.
    I really liked the atmosphere and the live bands.

Watch out for too friendly local girls - they are not interested of your looks ;)

Dress Code: No matter what you wear.

Instant Answers: Kuala Lumpur